Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clinical placement Advice for an EMT

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

as the title suggests, i'm an EMT in training and have an up coming clinical placement. i'm simply looking for some advice on footwear.

My placement is most likely to be in a hospital setting rather than a pre hospital setting, and my instructors say that its not appropriate to wear my work boots in the hospital, fair enough, but there the only black shoes, apart from formal shoes, that i have.

i'm lookin for a pair of shoes (preferably all black to match uniform requirments) that will be comfortable but also appropriate to wear in the hospital and also possibly into a surgical theater.

i mean, would a pair of black adidas runners or something like that do fine, or is there anything better?

any advice is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Will you be wearing an EMT uniform or what? Black runners would be fine for theatre anyway and as long as your not wearing them with a formal pants around the place they'd be fine I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JFAirsofter

well its not really a uniform, my course provider issued us polo shirts with their logo on it, and were then requested to wear black and shoes during placement, its really so that the staff in the hospital will recognise who i am and why i'm there

sound for the advise

Advertisement