Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDPVR

Options
  • 03-11-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not, but if I am I have a question.

If I want to make youtube video's of games, Fifa, COD etc.. in my PS3 do I need a HDPVR. Is there any cheaper Recorders out there? Can I edit the videos on any computer/laptop or do I need a special one?

Thanks for any help and sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

sonnky wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not, but if I am I have a question.

If I want to make youtube video's of games, Fifa, COD etc.. in my PS3 do I need a HDPVR. Is there any cheaper Recorders out there? Can I edit the videos on any computer/laptop or do I need a special one?

Thanks for any help and sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

You will get more help in the Games recording and editing forum.

Tallon has a few guides there which will give you the jist. You can get cheaper recorders that arent HD, is HD quality necessary? Keep an eye on adverts they come up second hand - or you could keep an eye out for the likes of an Archos 605 with dock, which could record, again not HD though. Just suggesting that as an alternative as you can pick them up quite cheap sometimes ~€50

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avid-Technology-Inc-8230-10063-11-Pinnacle/dp/B001918NLC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351977864&sr=8-2

i've tried cheaper ones than these for recording off satellite box and have found them useless - i use this one now with virtual dub and it's great - does the job !

you can capture/edit everything with virtualdub (there is software that comes with it and maybe that would be enough for your needs) - you may want to check required system specs - i was capturing first on a dual core vostro (which was said to be more than adequate) but had problems with dropped frames that i could not get rid of (could have been a problem with the computer) - i then started to work with an i5 vostro and haven't had an issue since - it does take a bit to learn about encoding/compression/filters and the likes . i use xvid and taught myself from finding info online .... it took me a while to get things right but if you are just looking to throw stuff up on youtube then you would not be looking for the quality that i was trying to achieve . hope this helps ....

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avid-Technology-Inc-8230-10063-11-Pinnacle/dp/B001918NLC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351977864&sr=8-2

i've tried cheaper ones than these for recording off satellite box and have found them useless - i use this one now with virtual dub and it's great - does the job !

you can capture/edit everything with virtualdub (there is software that comes with it and maybe that would be enough for your needs) - you may want to check required system specs - i was capturing first on a dual core vostro (which was said to be more than adequate) but had problems with dropped frames that i could not get rid of (could have been a problem with the computer) - i then started to work with an i5 vostro and haven't had an issue since - it does take a bit to learn about encoding/compression/filters and the likes . i use xvid and taught myself from finding info online .... it took me a while to get things right but if you are just looking to throw stuff up on youtube then you would not be looking for the quality that i was trying to achieve . hope this helps ....

Thank you, so are you saying I should get a HD one.? or that the one you have is decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

sorry for the confusion
    the dazzle i posted i use now and it would be of fairly decent quality . i've had a quick look at the reviews on the dazzle since and i see a few people thought it was perfect for recording gaming like you wish to . check out the reviews yourself to see. for the money it is a great device imo.

a hd one costs a fair few bucks as far as i can remember and imo would be overkill for putting gaming videos up on youtube.

also the supersaver delivery applies on this item to ireland so you are only paying for the item .....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

If you want to do the Youtube thing I would strongly recommend a HD PVR. You MUST go HD if you want to "grow big".

Trust me, I have experience ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement