Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 3 Alpha codes available now - PC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yoink

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Brings my decent machine to a crawl, game has stunning graphics. was never fond of the the crysis multiplayers anyway, love the single play though so will definitely buy it on release.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

It's ****e.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Tried it for a few rounds and it's fairly pants. Brings nothing new to the table and the performance is fairly terrible even on my high-end machine, constant physical lag spikes 1 second, fine the next. They probably should have showcased the other hunter mode to attract more attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Tried it for a few rounds and it's fairly pants. Brings nothing new to the table and the performance is fairly terrible even on my high-end machine, constant physical lag spikes 1 second, fine the next. They probably should have showcased the other hunter mode to attract more attention.

Its an Alpha it has not even gone to beta ffs. You report these issues an they fix them for the game. Its kind of the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Not going to bother. Crytek dummed down these games extensively to go on the 360 and PS3 platforms.

Crysis 2 was such a massive disappointment :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

N64 wrote: »
    Not going to bother. Crytek dummed down these games extensively to go on the 360 and PS3 platforms.

Crysis 2 was such a massive disappointment :(

Crysis 2 was so boring and linear, it felt nothing like Crysis 1.
    Guess we just have to wait for Crysis 4 on the next gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Downloading now, cheers for the heads up. :)

If it's just a single-map multiplayer test which requires a DX11 card then you can be sure gameplay feedback is going to be fairly low on their priority list, seems to be mainly netcode, backend and engine related testing. Judging by the Facebook comments I think it probably wasn't the best medium to release this if that's what they're looking for. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Its an Alpha it has not even gone to beta ffs. You report these issues an they fix them for the game. Its kind of the point.

Why don't you tone it down there pal? I wasn't lambasting the game because of performance glitches in an alpha; the game being boring as **** isn't something a post-release patch is going to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Why don't you tone it down there pal? I wasn't lambasting the game because of performance glitches in an alpha; the game being boring as **** isn't something a post-release patch is going to fix.

fair point sorry. I still quite enjoyed it performed perfectly and had some great moments. Guess its just the match your in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Post your specs and performance so we can get an idea of what's required.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Post your specs and performance so we can get an idea of what's required.

i7 860 @ 4ghz
    8gb RAM
    GTX 570 1.2gb

Game crashes on very high. VRAM runs out and doesn't bother telling me. On high settings the brown textures look absolutely stunning though :rolleyes:

Get about 50-60fps on High.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can some kind soul get/give me a key

I dont have a facebook account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

then make one, it's free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nope, but it is something four months worth of balancing and more interesting/varied game modes and maps will fix. :)

Advertisement