Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Prize - What the?

Options
  • 03-11-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Surely has to be but one winner - Richard Hawley, though I doubt the assholes that run this show will recognise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Typical ****e, durrrrtttttttttt they are cat cat cat, zero talent

Once again the mercury prize has lessened itself as a serious music award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Meh, who cares who actually wins the damn thing? It's guided me towards twelve albums that I may have otherwise ignored.
    Personally I think Alt-J's album is decent, not spectacular#........but fúck it, more luck to them! The Mercury Prize, for me, is not an indicator of musical greatness, rather it's an indicator of albums that are worth my time giving a chance to. I believe it still serves a purpose, even if the eventual winner is questionable at best *cough Elbow and Speech Debelle cough*! :pac:

# 'Tessellate' is a fookin' CHOOOON though, in fairness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

plan b should of won this years award fantastic album.

i gave up on the mercury prize awards though the year speech debele won it ahead of kasabian

Advertisement