Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Jobs!

Options
  • 03-11-2012 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I arrived in Melbourne nearly two months ago and have been unemployed since I got here.
    I have very good college qualifications and over 4 years experience in Finance but according to a couple of recruiters I met with the amount of finance jobs over here have dropped this year and have had no luck in getting so much as an interview.
    So I have basically been applying for all kinds of jobs posted on seek from call centre to general office work to gardening with no success...
    If anyone has any info on temping agencies that are good or any jobs going please let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Just keep trying, I was out of work for 3 months when I went the Melbs last year. I got something eventually but it was in the suburbs (Cheltenham) - try branching out by looking for jobs in the suburbs, you'd have a much better chance of getting a job outside of the city

In saying that I came home after 6 months as I got a job offer in Dublin! miss the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Finance is in total lull in Melbourne at present; my OH is in economics and that's the summary.
    You may have to start pounding the pavement with your cv in hand and approach employers directly in addition to using Seek. We have 3 more weeks in Nov, and trying to get work in Dec, Jan in Mebourne can be very difficult as so many places have holidays and just don't recruit.
    Are you willing to do bar/cafe work? You just need to organize an RSA cert, maybe do a barista course. Both of these are done in half a day pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Diddlydoubt

Hi Guys,
    I arrived in Melbourne nearly two months ago and have been unemployed since I got here.
    I have very good college qualifications and over 4 years experience in Finance but according to a couple of recruiters I met with the amount of finance jobs over here have dropped this year and have had no luck in getting so much as an interview.
    So I have basically been applying for all kinds of jobs posted on seek from call centre to general office work to gardening with no success...
    If anyone has any info on temping agencies that are good or any jobs going please let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi What are your finance qualifications?

Have you got any ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualifications?

This is worrying for me as I am due to go to Melbourne at the end of January and I had hoped to get some sort of job in Finance.

I have an Accounting degree from college, worked in BIG4 in Dublin Audit FS for 3.5 years for my training contract and I am awaiting results of final ACA exam and then I will be fully qualified Chartered Accountant.

Advertisement