Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewatch question(s)

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A little help if you will. Just moved into a new (to us) home. The previous owner has a HKC securewatch alarm and Eircom phone watch system(disconnected by them when they left)

Pic here http://pix.ie/sparrowcar/3063221

I want to change the alarm code, can't seem to find it in the manual?

Also, last night I set the alarm off when I went to get some water during the night. I triggered the alarm sensor in the hallway. Silly question but would I have to turn the alarm off from now on if I need water? What about when I come down in the morning to turn the alarm off, will it trigger immeadietly when I pass it or does it give you 5 secs to turn the alarm off?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If your alarm has been setup correctly then entering '0#7' will part set the alarm and the beam should be off.

Depending on how the alarm was initially setup and what privileges were assigned to your code, you might be able to change it.

Enter your code and if the alarm doesn't try to set and instead gives you an option to set followed by a question mark then use to # and * buttons to navigate the menu and change the code in the users menu.

If you don't have the above privileges you will need the engineer code to gain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Thanks I'll try that when I get home.

What if I wanted the beam on at night time, is there an activation delay time or would I need to get an alarm panel upstairs and turn it off before I go downstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Thanks I'll try that when I get home.

What if I wanted the beam on at night time, is there an activation delay time or would I need to get an alarm panel upstairs and turn it off before I go downstairs?

You can do that but you would need engineer access. You then programme the beam for 'entry exit' in the zone type option.

A second keypad is another option but again, you'll need engineer access to enrol it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You can do that but you would need engineer access. You then programme the beam for 'entry exit' in the zone type option.

PIR should be programmed as an access zone and set to "Access to EE" in the part set programming, programming it as an EE is asking for trouble imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Jnealon wrote: »
    PIR should be programmed as an access zone and set to "Access to EE" in the part set programming, programming it as an EE is asking for trouble imo

Should I just call someone out and get the password changed and ask about the sensor in the hallway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 knowitall17

Hi Sparrow , What company name is on your external sounder? I would recommend calling out an professional installer. One thing is you'll need an engineer code. which you dont have. and plus your inexperience with the system will just cause more harm then good. Quick fix if system set properly "Press zero hash seven" this will deactivate your PIR and keep your perimeter protection active allowing movement within in the house. The norm would be this. I havent heard of anyone sleeping in the house with the PIRs on! :/ most houses have a pir in the hall facing the E/E (Front Door) and one up on the landing and would ause activations by just going to the bathroom or the pir blocks your path to the keypad. But if you insist on having these on for ever reason .. having a second keypad installed to your bedroom is the best option so you can deactivate before you go get your water and reactivate when you get back to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

Can someone help me on this please?
    I setup my HKC alarm 6 years ago when we moved in to new house. At that time we did not wanted use alarm at night and I left it default. So 0hash7 does full setup. Im lackey to remember engineer pass but I don't remember how to access this settings at all. Manual does not help!
    Id like to do 0 7 part alarm with PIR's off or if possible I would make one ulsters off which is on separate wire (channel) and other 2 ON if possible.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have sent you that manual.
    You will need the engineer code to make these setting changes or else default the panel and start from scratch.

Thank you KoolKid .... Done! I went through this menu earlier and could nod got it after few years break. The manual does not explain all options,words nor shortcuts from the panel.However it does help I was lucky when they use "for example...ExptprA"

It is in Zone Options if anyone needs.
    Thanks again

OLD Tread but about HKC.
    I need a quick help please. There is a "invaled key" display on panel and signal like key pressing every second interval.
    Can't actually press any codes to easy. Is there a keyboard fault or shortcut?
    Could not get alarm off for few minutes when comes back home a now is biping?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a button stuck in on the keypad?
    Try pressing each button to see if it pops out slightly.

iThat was my first impression but there is not...at least mechanically. Thanks for quick replay @koolkid

Fixed. Had to be blocked. as you suggested. I opened panel moved them around closed back and all good for now.
    Thanks

That would have been my next option. Glad you got sorted.

Advertisement