Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confetti live athlone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

€8 is pretty ridiculous seen each exhibitor is paying them anything from €300 to €800 each.
    Its a pure money making exercise by Confetti and you can see all those exhibitor (and fashion shows) for free at the many free fayres that are on nearly every weekend in hotels and community centres around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I went to it on Saturday, really enjoyed that day but definitely thought €8 was plenty to pay. Enjoyed Francs talk and the fashion show.

Did you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I went to it on Saturday, really enjoyed that day but definitely thought €8 was plenty to pay. Enjoyed Francs talk and the fashion show.

Did you go?

I was going to go but in the end €16 was just too expensive for me and fiance. Its on again in Letterkenny in a few weeks i think, so I could always go then. Was it actually helpful for brides to be or was it just a bunch of businesses trying to push their stuff on you? I hate that sort of thing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I was going to go but in the end €16 was just too expensive for me and fiance. Its on again in Letterkenny in a few weeks i think, so I could always go then. Was it actually helpful for brides to be or was it just a bunch of businesses trying to push their stuff on you? I hate that sort of thing :rolleyes:

Ive been a vendor and an interested punter at many over the years. It kind of depends how much it cost the vendor to advertise at it.

The RDS and citywest fairs can cost up to 1500e for a small stall so youll get vendors literally hugging you at those at theyre under pressure to make the investment in the day worthwhile. Heres where I always think they could do with a salesperson rather than the businessperson. e.g. Someone could be the best videographer/florist/dj/dressmaker/whatever in the world but their sales technique might not be great in the 2-3 minutes they have you at the fair so may come across as pushy and thats all youll remember when youre leaving.

The hotel run ones dont charge anywhere near that as theyre only really advertising themselves, theyll charge a much smaller fee for a vendor who wants to set up a table so Ive always thought these were a bit more relaxed but you might not get the same variety as the bigger fairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I really enjoyed it, and found it pretty relaxed. everyone stopped us and said hello and explained what they do and gave us brochures i didn't find anyone pushy bar one stall. She's a clothes designer from Athlone, had beautiful stuff there which i admired, but i intended to keep going and i found her hard to get away from. A number of reasons, have my dress ordered and have spend enough on that, no interest in getting a "couture" "piece" made for day after - although not sure if she does wedding dresses as well. but bar that it was great, enjoyed the fashion show, although the make up was shocking and Franc spoke for about 30 minutes he was great as well.

I felt bad for my other half, no one spoke to him at all, or asked him anything, everything was directed at me, which i thought was very old fashioned, we are planning this together, bar the dress, make up and hair he's involved in it all, so don't ignore him!

Is letterkenny far from you? I thought it was worth the money (you get a gift bag going in with a load of magazines, and two nail varnishes,) that including the fashion show and franc and some of the stalls made it worth our while but then i live in athlone so it was only 5 minutes away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement