Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 matchday thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Being futureguy, went to the future and copy/pasted this from the Sky Sports Score Sentre for tonights game. I have Foster and Lambert! Great success!

20:28
    Lukaku close to making it 2-0 for West Brom! Poor clearance by Clyne falls straight to Lukaku who tested the keeper from 25 yards.

20:31
    Super stop by Foster! Lambert was put through by a superb ball by Lallana but Foster somehow got down quick enough to prevent Lambert's first time strike from nestling in the bottom corner! It's becoming quite the battle between those two! Three shots by Lambert, three saves by Foster!

20:34
    PENALTY SAINTS!!! This is looking bad for Jonas Olsson - yes, red card for the defender and I don't think anyone can argue. Wreckless challenge on Ricky Lambert who is now receiving attention. Lallana looks like he is taking the penalty as Lambert is still visibly shaken. Lallana to take...

20:36
    SAVED!!! Foster makes an incredible save to his right from Lallana. The goalkeeper has been imperious.

HT: WBA 1 - 0 Southampton

21:00
    We are underway for the second half. Let us know your thoughts via twitter or facebook. We have had an incredible first half of action. It's only a matter of time before Lambert puts one past Foster who has already saved nine shots from the Lambernator.

21:10
    Ooh that looks nasty, it appears that Foster has collided with a sparrow while collecting a back pass. The sparrow, clearly an African swallow, was at fault.

21:16
    Substitution: Unfortunately, Foster needs to come off. He is bleeding profusely from that 7-inch gash above his eye. Clearly dissapointed that his evening has been curtailed, but will no doubt be happy with his 15 saves, including a penalty save, and a clean sheet during the 61 mins on the field. On comes Boaz Myhill. I think I saw Rickie Lambert licking his lips.

21:17
    GOAL!!! Lambert finally breaches the defense and what a goal it was! 20 yards out, top corner, take a bow son!

21:19
    GOAL!!! Unbelievable, it's Lambert again! Clinical finish from 5 yards after McCauley made a hash of the clearnce. McCauley clearly felt it was offside and gets a yellow card for hi arguments. That's 6 yellow cards for WBA this evening.

21:29
    GOAL!!! Hat-trick for Lambert! No! It's a McCauley OG! McCauley argues with the referee again and is shown a second yellow card. Lambert is clearly annoyed that the goal has been given as an OG. He looks even more eager.

21:35
    RED CARD!!! It's a straight Red for James Morrison. Looked a little harsh from this angle.

21:43
    Three minutes remaining here at the Hawthorns, 3-1 to Southampton. Ohh superb touch from Clyne puts Rodruigez in the clear but his shot deflects off Jara for a corner.

21:45
    GOAL!!! Lambert finally gets his hat-trick. 3 goals and assist from the Saints man tonight!

21:49
    FT WBA 1 - Southampton 4

I fcuking wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

^^^If this actually happens i will give you the deeds to my gaf!!

i dont technically own the house i live in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

33 points with Sterling to come in for Mata.

It's just been one of those weeks. Suarez and Cazorla were the only good points.

I played Begovic, Cuellar, Hughes and Baines. Had Jaas, Rafael and Clark on the bench.
    Them's the breaks.

Don't think I'm going to bother with a transfer this week.

Believe it or not, I'm still fairly happy with my team. Will see how RVP goes next week and work him in if I need to.
    United are now top of the table and have a run of easy games.

I predict a bit of rest (hopefully) for Fergie's star striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Being futureguy, went to the future and copy/pasted this from the Sky Sports Score Sentre for tonights game. I have Foster and Lambert! Great success!

20:28
    Lukaku close to making it 2-0 for West Brom! Poor clearance by Clyne falls straight to Lukaku who tested the keeper from 25 yards.

20:31
    Super stop by Foster! Lambert was put through by a superb ball by Lallana but Foster somehow got down quick enough to prevent Lambert's first time strike from nestling in the bottom corner! It's becoming quite the battle between those two! Three shots by Lambert, three saves by Foster!

20:34
    PENALTY SAINTS!!! This is looking bad for Jonas Olsson - yes, red card for the defender and I don't think anyone can argue. Wreckless challenge on Ricky Lambert who is now receiving attention. Lallana looks like he is taking the penalty as Lambert is still visibly shaken. Lallana to take...

20:36
    SAVED!!! Foster makes an incredible save to his right from Lallana. The goalkeeper has been imperious.

HT: WBA 1 - 0 Southampton

21:00
    We are underway for the second half. Let us know your thoughts via twitter or facebook. We have had an incredible first half of action. It's only a matter of time before Lambert puts one past Foster who has already saved nine shots from the Lambernator.

21:10
    Ooh that looks nasty, it appears that Foster has collided with a sparrow while collecting a back pass. The sparrow, clearly an African swallow, was at fault.

21:16
    Substitution: Unfortunately, Foster needs to come off. He is bleeding profusely from that 7-inch gash above his eye. Clearly dissapointed that his evening has been curtailed, but will no doubt be happy with his 15 saves, including a penalty save, and a clean sheet during the 61 mins on the field. On comes Boaz Myhill. I think I saw Rickie Lambert licking his lips.

21:17
    GOAL!!! Lambert finally breaches the defense and what a goal it was! 20 yards out, top corner, take a bow son!

21:19
    GOAL!!! Unbelievable, it's Lambert again! Clinical finish from 5 yards after McCauley made a hash of the clearnce. McCauley clearly felt it was offside and gets a yellow card for hi arguments. That's 6 yellow cards for WBA this evening.

21:29
    GOAL!!! Hat-trick for Lambert! No! It's a McCauley OG! McCauley argues with the referee again and is shown a second yellow card. Lambert is clearly annoyed that the goal has been given as an OG. He looks even more eager.

21:35
    RED CARD!!! It's a straight Red for James Morrison. Looked a little harsh from this angle.

21:43
    Three minutes remaining here at the Hawthorns, 3-1 to Southampton. Ohh superb touch from Clyne puts Rodruigez in the clear but his shot deflects off Jara for a corner.

21:45
    GOAL!!! Lambert finally gets his hat-trick. 3 goals and assist from the Saints man tonight!

21:49
    FT WBA 1 - Southampton 4

I fcuking wish!

this better not happen, I have Foster and Clyne!

Lemlin wrote: »
    33 points with Sterling to come in for Mata.

It's just been one of those weeks. Suarez and Cazorla were the only good points.

I played Begovic, Cuellar, Hughes and Baines. Had Jaas, Rafael and Clark on the bench.
    Them's the breaks.

Don't think I'm going to bother with a transfer this week.

Believe it or not, I'm still fairly happy with my team. Will see how RVP goes next week and work him in if I need to.
    United are now top of the table and have a run of easy games.

I predict a bit of rest (hopefully) for Fergie's star striker.

I'm worried about this. Villa are rubbish (I know, I'm a fan), so should be an easy game and an opportunity to rest RVP. However, if he does play, I can see him bagging a few goals. I'll be keeping an eye on the Braga game midweek. Hopefully he doesn't start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I'm worried about this. Villa are rubbish (I know, I'm a fan), so should be an easy game and an opportunity to rest RVP. However, if he does play, I can see him bagging a few goals. I'll be keeping an eye on the Braga game midweek. Hopefully he doesn't start.

Wouldn't he rest Rooney? RvP's on fire and seems to be enjoying scoring all those goals. Rooney looks like he could use a breather for a while.

Rooney has an equal chance of being rested IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

p*ssed off i have so many points on my bench, but with 37 i miraculously haven't lost any ground. rvp to the rescue again. sterling to come in for mata for an extra 2. one of those strange weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

42 points with Clyne to play tonight.. A few goals from him would be lovely :) but I suppose I'll settle for a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The RVP decision come dow to the CL - if he plays 90 mins then I can't see myself captaining him.

I got stung with a double 1 in week 4.

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Wouldn't he rest Rooney? RvP's on fire and seems to be enjoying scoring all those goals. Rooney looks like he could use a breather for a while.

Rooney has an equal chance of being rested IMO.

Not if he feels RVP needs a rest, and if he feels Villa will be easily beaten.

If RVP plays against Braga midweek that will be 3 games in a week.

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    The RVP decision come dow to the CL - if he plays 90 mins then I can't see myself captaining him.

I got stung with a double 1 in week 4.

This is exactly how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

WEST BROM: Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, RIdgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Odemwingie, Gera, Dorrans; Long

SOUTHAMPTON: Gazzaniga, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Fox, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Ramírez, Lambert, Rodriguez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

come on foster nail that CS

Jax Teller wrote: »
    WEST BROM: Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, RIdgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Odemwingie, Gera, Dorrans; Long

SOUTHAMPTON: Gazzaniga, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Fox, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Ramírez, Lambert, Rodriguez.

No Morrison for WB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No Morrison ... hmm.

jebforever wrote: »
    No Morrison ... hmm.

:)

(some of my opponents have him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

No Lukaku :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@WBAFCofficial: Steve Clarke has revealed James Morrison misses out due to a niggle he picked up in training and he is not willing to risk him.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Jax Teller wrote: »
    @WBAFCofficial: Steve Clarke has revealed James Morrison misses out due to a niggle he picked up in training and he is not willing to risk him.”
    What the ****, **** this game anyway sold carzola for him this week , **** **** ****idy **** **** ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

You'd think these managers would tell us these things in order to re-jig our FF teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Interested to see how Ramirez gets on. Could be a decent MF differential. Has 13 points from the 2.5 games he has played so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ha threw a fiver on Morrison to score tonight earlier as I went for Hoilet instead of him this week. Good job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Fizman wrote: »
    Interested to see how Ramirez gets on. Could be a decent MF differential. Has 13 points from the 2.5 games he has played so far.

Yeah I was close to a getting him in but I thought the 4-point hit might not be worth it, we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Goal West Brom, Odemwingie. Assisted by Mulumbu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Odemwingie goal for West Brom, Mulumbu assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Could really do with a West Brom Clean Sheet here...

And to top it off a BP for McAuley would be just fantastic and would push me over the 600 points mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

roryc wrote: »
    Could really do with a West Brom Clean Sheet here...

And to top it off a BP for McAuley would be just fantastic and would push me over the 600 points mark.

A goal from McAuley might just push me over the average score for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

thunderdog wrote: »
    A goal from McAuley might just push me over the average score for this week

I could well go for a goal and a CS myself now that Clynes CS is gone! Hopefully end up over 40 after this game! not great at all but in comparison to some scores ive seen posted its not too bad for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Morrison injured? Sweet, who have I got coming out the bench?

Gorkks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Clyne is playing well actually. He nearly got an assist there had Ramirez latched onto his ball, very close.

Advertisement