Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Croke Park

Options
  • 03-11-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Coming from beyond the Pale, Dublin transport (apart from the Luas) is lost to me. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Heuston to Croke Park (Jury's Hotel) on a weekday morning around 9 o'clock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

From Dublin Bus Route Planner

01 Walk approximately 20 metres from Heuston Station to Heuston Station, Front of Station
    02 Take Bus (145:Towards Kilmacanogue): from Heuston Station, Front of Station to Bachelors Walk, Lower Liffey Street
    03 Walk approximately 240 metres from Bachelors Walk, Lower Liffey Street to Westmoreland Street, Fleet Street
    04 Take Bus (16:Towards Dublin Airport,11:Towards Wadelai Park): from Westmoreland Street, Fleet Street to Drumcondra Rd, Drumcondra Station
    05 Walk approximately 410 metres from Drumcondra Rd, Drumcondra Station to Croke Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd hop on the Luas outside Heuston and get off at Abbey Street. Then get a 33 or 41 bus from across the road as far as Quinns. Then it's a 5-10 minute walk down Clonliffe Road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

If it was me, I'd get a LUAS to Store St and walk up from there. It would take about 15 minutes to walk it. Otherwise if you've baggage etc, you could get off on Abbey St and get the 16, 122, 123 from O'Connell St. Otherwise you could walk down to the Irish Life Mall bus stop and get the 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

if your not hauling too much luggage, the walk from the Abbey St stop to Croke Park is nothing major if your anyway mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Michael_Dare

Thanks guys. I'll have no luggage, so as long as it's not pissing down, a 15 minute walk would be no hardship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks guys. I'll have no luggage, so as long as it's not pissing down, a 15 minute walk would be no hardship.
    LUAS to Connolly Station then so.

Exit Connolly onto Amien St, head north (to your right ) and then turn left onto Portland Row (opposite funeral home). Straight through next junction onto North Circular Road and then right onto Russell Street. It will all be in front of you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, the only Luas trams that stop at Connolly Station, are the ones that terminate there too. The majority of them terminate at The Point and do not stop at Connolly Station. If the first Luas that comes is bound for Connolly, then you are all set. But odds are the first one that will come will be bound for The Point.

If it is bound for The Point, get off at Busaras. Turn right at the tram stop, then turn left onto Amiens St. Continue on up to Five Lamps & turn left at the North Circular Road/Portland Row intersection. Turn right at Gills Pub onto Russell Road. Croke Park will be on your right. You can't miss it. The hotel will be on your left, facing the media entrance for Croker. It will be a 15 mins walk tops.

Unless it is lashing rain, it is not really worth your while to get off the Luas at Abbey St, to take any one of a number of buses heading north towards Drumcondra. You will have gotten there on foot in half the time it takes for the bus to come, and then wait for the bus takes to navigate O'Connell St, Parnell Sq and Dorset St traffic. Even if you do take the bus, you'll still have a 5 min walk to get from Dorset St to Croke Park, so odds are walking is the best bet imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

I'd get a Taxi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Coming from beyond the Pale, Dublin transport (apart from the Luas) is lost to me. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Heuston to Croke Park (Jury's Hotel) on a weekday morning around 9 o'clock?

Your county must be rubbish at Hurling and Football. ;)

There are thousands of people from beyond the pale whose only knowledge of Dublin is how to get from Heuston to Croker and back again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Lapin wrote: »
    Your county must be rubbish at Hurling and Football. ;)

There are thousands of people from beyond the pale whose only knowledge of Dublin is how to get from Heuston to Croker and back again. :)

and to Coppers and thats the extent of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

A taxi will cost you around €4 or €5 extra and will save a lot of time and hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Poster Boy

Luas to Abbey Street; Dublin Bus 7 on O'Connell St to Mountjoy Square + Walk 400m down Fitzgibbon Street. Simples :)

Advertisement