Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which boots for Dressage Tests?

Options
  • 03-11-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hello everyone, well the horse trailer is finished, I've been doing loads of flat work, so with the new year just around the corner I no longer have any excuses not to get out there and do some shows! Which is a great excuse to buy some new boots;) . My lovely wife (whom it seems buys all my boots for me) has asked me what I want for Christmas and it was a toss up between a little bullet camera to attach to my helmet when I ride (fun but not really needed, ie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHqYpQnol8&feature=player_embedded ) or a really new pair of boots to ride the tests in which would really be more useful......So any recommendations? Oh and I don't have a bottomless pit of cash:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I bought a pair of brogini's direct from their website. Really great service and the boots didnt need any breaking in. Very happy with them.

Something like these are good. And you can do anything in them really. the real dressage cut boots are cut very high and wouldnt really work for anything else. (and very expensive too)

http://www.brogini.com/product_detail.cfm?id=2132

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

fits wrote: »
    I bought a pair of brogini's direct from their website. Really great service and the boots didnt need any breaking in. Very happy with them.

Something like these are good. And you can do anything in them really. the real dressage cut boots are cut very high and wouldnt really work for anything else. (and very expensive too)

http://www.brogini.com/product_detail.cfm?id=2132

Those boots are gorgeous. Unfortunately they don't seem to do my size - UK7. How do you find they fit - small/large?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

edit: I see what you mean. Well they do a half size either side of it. Do you normally take 40s or 41s? I'd get a half size bigger to allow for thick socks in winter. But I ride a lot in winter.

They have a very good size guide and the boots come in various calf widths and heights. I needed the shorter lenght boot (up to back of knee) and I'm 5'4

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Second the brogini, I have a short pair which were ridiculously comfortable from the moment I put them on when I got them,no breaking them in or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

fits wrote: »
    edit: I see what you mean. Well they do a half size either side of it. Do you normally take 40s or 41s? I'd get a half size bigger to allow for thick socks in winter. But I ride a lot in winter.

They have a very good size guide and the boots come in various calf widths and heights. I needed the shorter lenght boot (up to back of knee) and I'm 5'4

Checked a few of my shoes and some are 40s, some are 41s. I think I'd just go with the 41 coz like you said, thick socks.

The varying widths are great. I have a pair of Mountain Horse boots that I can no longer close because my calf muscles have gotten bigger but the wide leg is too wide for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

hummm, very nice, now to sell them to Mrs Helibelly:p

Advertisement