Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for sharing

Options
  • 03-11-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm searching rooms for sharing in daft.ie and all the rest of the webs listed here, but none of them likes me, and I've emailed to the options that I like without answer).

Now I'm thinking in renting an house/apartment for myself, but renting is a bit expensive for the combination of my budget and the areas I'm searching.

Probably there is an option in some pages for locate "flatmates without flat"... p.e. contact with 2-3 people and rent a new apartment. But I'm Spanish, I don't know the keyword for this and I can't find the option in the websites I've visited.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

belfe wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm searching rooms for sharing in daft.ie and all the rest of the webs listed here, but none of them likes me, and I've emailed to the options that I like without answer).

Now I'm thinking in renting an house/apartment for myself, but renting is a bit expensive for the combination of my budget and the areas I'm searching.

Probably there is an option in some pages for locate "flatmates without flat"... p.e. contact with 2-3 people and rent a new apartment. But I'm Spanish, I don't know the keyword for this and I can't find the option in the websites I've visited.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks.

Have you looked at myhome.ie? That also has a lot of places. Another option is to check in the herald paper and look for adverts in the local villages you are interested in. As discussed in other posts, there is a shortage of places in a lot of areas of dublin now so you do need to be quick to secure a good place. The other option is to extend your search. Northside try phibsborough, drumcondra, clontarf, glasnevin, stoneybatter, smithfield. Southside, sandymount, harolds cross, rathmines, ranelagh, donnybrook and ballsbridge. All districts not far from central dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭belfe

Thanks for the ideas.

Yes, I've tried myhome.ie but without success.

I will try the herald paper, that's a very good idea.

My search is extended, but I'm a bit limited because I'm going to work a bit far (citywest), and I'm trying not to live far from the centre. Then I'm tracing the 15-20-minutes-walking-to-red-luas-line (except some zones that are discouraged in this same forum, that is most of the south red luas line) and several bus lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭belfe

Hi!

I've found some options, I think that I will find something not too late.

However, I write this for a different thing. This is a warning for the people watching for renting rooms.

A person contacts me (I think that found my data in easyrommate.com) offering a room in an apartment. The offer seems reasonable (too much good for be true) for my requirements and the mail was very correct. After two or three mails, we start to talk by skype. She sent me the way for renting and everything seems correct in most of the things. Then, I asked her to see the room before renting, and she blocks my skype and didn't reply my next mails.

Tracing her skype (brs_rut) and her mail (brooksruth16@yahoo.com) I've found this.

Scamming in Stockholm with the same method:
    http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=17093&post=12459531
    Advise that this is a scam.
    http://gdb.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=46448

This is for advise again about something that is known, but there's always people hunted with this: Never pay anything without watching the room or apartment and have received the key. Even if there is a renting contract (it could be fake).

Advertisement