Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer ban

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Prick! wrote: »
    I messaged Frisbee after the first infraction and he didn't reply, later on I got the second infraction. I think I messaged Frisbee yet again and no reply.

Secondly, why didn't he reply to my messages?

Please be advised that the first step in the dispute resolution process is to exchange PMs with the moderator. If the moderator has not yet responded to your PM inquiries, please be patient, as we are all volunteers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

There was a couple of days between the first and second infraction.

There's no excuse for not replying to my pm's as he wasn't too busy to give me a second infraction.

He's obviously chosen not to reply.

It's why I've come here.

Just checked there, he's been posting in other forums as recent as 53 minutes ago. Not modding work either.

Not sure if something was changed, but now I can view the soccer forum but amn't allowed to post. Not sure if that's just a glitch, surely not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be patient. PMs have been exchanged, and the moderator has reversed the 1-month ban. This DRP is still under review, and may take a day or two to resolve.

• Advertisement

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please be patient. PMs have been exchanged, and the moderator has reversed the 1-month ban. This DRP is still under review.

Ah right, I am being patient. Was just wondering is all :)

Please be advised that this DRP pertains to 2 yellow card Warnings (not red card “infractions”) that had occurred on 2 different Soccer threads, and a 1-month ban from the Soccer forum.

1. Yellow Card Warning 30 October 2012:

The below post by Prick! had been yellow card warned for “backseat moderation,” and upon review, had been actioned appropriately by the moderator. This yellow card should not be reversed.
    You're the one breaking the charter. Unlucky.
    Contrary to what had been suggested in this DRP by Prick!, he had not been the only poster yellow card warned.

2. Yellow Card Warning 28 October 2012:

In reviewing the thread, there had been several posts by Prick! that could have been yellow card warned for “Breach of Forum Charter: Trolling,” including the one appealed here. The moderator exercised restraint by only yellow carding one Prick! post, which had been intended by the moderator to warn Prick! that his posting behaviour had been inappropriate. Consequently, I have not found compelling evidence to reverse this 2nd yellow card.

3. Ban from Soccer 30 October 2012:

The 1-month ban had been issued for the accumulation of 4 yellow cards in approximately one month’s time per Soccer charter. Upon a second inspection by the moderator, it was discovered that Prick! had only accumulated 3 yellow cards. Once the mod realised this error, he immediately reversed the 1-month ban by his own initiative. This was an innocent mistake by the moderator, who normally does an excellent job co-modding the #2 highest posting forum on boards.ie (with over 1.8 million posts).

In summary, I could not find compelling evidence to reverse the 2 yellow cards, but the 1-month ban has now been removed by the moderator. This concludes the Sports Cmod DRP review.

At this point Prick! has 2 choices: (1) he can decide that this DRP has been resolved and request that it be closed; or (2) request an Admin review.

Please advise.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please be advised that this DRP pertains to 2 yellow card Warnings (not red card “infractions”) that had occurred on 2 different Soccer threads, and a 1-month ban from the Soccer forum.

1. Yellow Card Warning 30 October 2012:

The below post by Prick! had been yellow card warned for “backseat moderation,” and upon review, had been actioned appropriately by the moderator. This yellow card should not be reversed.

Contrary to what had been suggested in this DRP by Prick!, he had not been the only poster yellow card warned.

2. Yellow Card Warning 28 October 2012:

In reviewing the thread, there had been several posts by Prick! that could have been yellow card warned for “Breach of Forum Charter: Trolling,” including the one appealed here. The moderator exercised restraint by only yellow carding one Prick! post, which had been intended by the moderator to warn Prick! that his posting behaviour had been inappropriate. Consequently, I have not found compelling evidence to reverse this 2nd yellow card.

3. Ban from Soccer 30 October 2012:

The 1-month ban had been issued for the accumulation of 4 yellow cards in approximately one month’s time per Soccer charter. Upon a second inspection by the moderator, it was discovered that Prick! had only accumulated 3 yellow cards. Once the mod realised this error, he immediately reversed the 1-month ban by his own initiative. This was an innocent mistake by the moderator, who normally does an excellent job co-modding the #2 highest posting forum on boards.ie (with over 1.8 million posts).

In summary, I could not find compelling evidence to reverse the 2 yellow cards, but the 1-month ban has now been removed by the moderator. This concludes the Sports Cmod DRP review.

At this point Prick! has 2 choices: (1) he can decide that this DRP has been resolved and request that it be closed; or (2) request an Admin review.

Please advise.

Regarding the first yellow for trolling, I'm questioning why others can get away with similar posts as mine. It's really annoying seeing other people make similar posts and I get punished.

The second yellow also, have the other posters been infracted for breaking the charter?

Also I still can't post in the Soccer Forum

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Also I still can't post in the Soccer Forum
    I've checked your profile and your ban was lifted at 22:41 yesterday evening. You have no current bans showing. I've re-granted access to the forum. Can you check again as if you still cannot post we'll have to get in touch with the Site Development guys

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I've checked your profile and your ban was lifted at 22:41 yesterday evening. You have no current bans showing. I've re-granted access to the forum. Can you check again as if you still cannot post we'll have to get in touch with the Site Development guys

Thank you. I've posted in site development.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The OP is a sitebanned re-reg, so there's no need for this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement