Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cmb94

my cao is looking like this :)

1.Physiotherapy-UCD
    2.Physiotherapy-RCSI
    3.Physiotherapy-TCD
    4.Physiotherapy-UL
    5.Health and performance science-UCD
    6.General nursing-UCD
    7.Sports science and health-DCU
    8.Science (BBB)-UCD
    9.Science-TCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Theoretical Physics in Trinners is at the top of my list, followed closely by Science in UCD

Chances are I'll get it since i got 560 in mocks which is only 5 points off first round points 2012, would've got it last year on the second round with my mocks results.

Science is a good safety in case i dont get TP in Trinity since they also have Theoretical Physics as part of the course. I want to go to Trinity though. Mainly for Schols. What a deal, am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Brace yourselves, there have been major, groundbreaking alterations
    :pac:
    Level 8:

1. Primary teaching - St. Pat's Drumcondra - PD101
    2. Primary teaching - Marino - CM001
    3. Primary teaching - Mary I - MI005
    4. Humanities/Arts ( to get into teaching!) - St Pats Drumcondra PD103

Level 8:
    1. Primary teaching - Marino - CM001
    2. Primary teaching - St Pat's Drumcondra - PD101
    3. Primary teaching - Mary I - MI005
    4. Humanities - St. Pat's Drumcondra - PD103

Spot the difference :p

There will be alterations, I should say, once the change of mind opens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

No. 1 - Law and Accounting in UL
    Not sure about anything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Law like 1-infinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 croiadhfitz

The worst thing about Arts ?
    - There's hundred's of people in one year. It's easy to get lost in the crowd.
    - Some people have direction and drive - others slip into the floating and dossing business because either it was not their first choice OR mammy is forcing them to be there OR "as long as I get in to UCC/UCD/NUIG...." mentality.
    - The classic saying : "You're a number, not a name" - Basically, defines Arts.
    - Unlike other courses, Arts lacks discipline. And that is a big problem, one which universities really need to address as it has the biggest drop out rate and fail rate.

I couldnt agree more with this... I was in NUIG Arts last year and unless you are really sure what you want from it or love a particular Arts subject, I wouldnt go into it. I am back this year repeating hoping for Social Work in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

what about Law in arts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 croiadhfitz

You can do Legal Studies in NUIG as an Arts subject, and then hope to do a post grad in Law. however only 100 people can carry it on into second year.. Although 100 sounds like a lot about 500 people take it up in first year and it does end up extremely competitive just like Psychology Studies and you cannot do both together in first year! If you really want it and dont think you'll get the points for Law it is a good option all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

You can do Legal Studies in NUIG as an Arts subject, and then hope to do a post grad in Law. however only 100 people can carry it on into second year.. Although 100 sounds like a lot about 500 people take it up in first year and it does end up extremely competitive just like Psychology Studies and you cannot do both together in first year! If you really want it and dont think you'll get the points for Law it is a good option all the same!

I second this. My neighbour was one in the country that got 8 A1's and is now in second year of law through arts. If i remember correctly, she's also studying Chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Claire1456

Just here to see what people are thinking of doing at third level. What courses/college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Commerce and french in UCC!! Failing that, Commerce w/ Italian, even if it means learning a new language :P

Would you believe , I'm looking for commerce and french in nuig. :D

Cool, i've heard Galway's great fun!! I'm only going to UCC cos it's close to me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Hopefully be going to UCC if not CIT!

Jade. wrote: »
    Hopefully be going to UCC if not CIT!

What course are you looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

actuary in dcu or ucd :)

bleach94 wrote: »
    What course are you looking at?

BIS :)

Jade. wrote: »
    BIS :)

On my CAO too, hoping for Commerce and French though :)

bleach94 wrote: »
    On my CAO too, hoping for Commerce and French though :)
    Oh really I was going to put commerce down on mine too but decided to go for BIS in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Law in UCD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

Law and Accounting in UL .... I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Engineering in UCD for me :D

What is BIS? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Sociology and German in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Irish and French, either DCU or UCD.. completely stuck! And then of course there's Queen's.. it's gonna be the hardest decision ever ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Irish and French, either DCU or UCD.. completely stuck! And then of course there's Queen's.. it's gonna be the hardest decision ever ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are you in leaving cert? :)

Claire1456 wrote: »
    What is BIS? :)

Business Information Systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Claire1456 wrote: »
    Just here to see what people are thinking of doing at third level. What courses/college?

Merged into existing CAO thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AnnaM123

At the moment its Law and French in TCD, but we'll see how the exams go in June, I very well might change my mind a hundred and one times before the deadline :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Only 9 days until Change of Mind opens up, the amount of the dithering I'll be doing when it opens will be crazy!

Advertisement