Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Change of mind opens tomorrow :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EoinMeath95

Primary Schoool Teaching people.... What way do ye think the points will go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Reckon the points will go down for primary teaching! What do ye reckon about law?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EoinMeath95

I know all the talk is about jobs in teaching, but I really just want to study it so desperately .... Good quality degree, your qualified for a specific job at the end, there's good opportunities abroad, and compared to other areas and despite of all the cuts, teachers still get paid relatively well.

I just really, really hope the points go down across the board in all the teaching colleges. 460 would be the minimum I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

Reckon the points will go down for primary teaching! What do ye reckon about law?

I'd say law will drop but not by much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I know all the talk is about jobs in teaching, but I really just want to study it so desperately .... Good quality degree, your qualified for a specific job at the end, there's good opportunities abroad, and compared to other areas and despite of all the cuts, teachers still get paid relatively well.

I just really, really hope the points go down across the board in all the teaching colleges. 460 would be the minimum I'd say

Definitely do it. If that's what you want to do you'll never be too happy doing any other job, just don't overlook any other jobs.
    My mam is a primary school teacher and she's going on exchanges (Comenius project) to places all over Europe for free. It's a handy life for some :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Demand for law went down.. What's r UCD points like?

495 in ucd, 65 to boost from mocks for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I am the worlds worst for making decisions so filling in the CAO is my worst nightmare.

The only thing I'm kinda veering towards is Arts in NUIM, doing English, geography and something else.

More details will follow when I figure out what my own mind wants

This is my third time on it and I've regularly switched from engineering to civil law to architecture and everything inbetween.

Assuming you don't have an equal interest in everything as I did, more or less, I'd go with wherever your strengths and interests lie and narrow down your career path that way. Once you have it go with your gut.

Indecisiveness was a big problem for me and it made me overlook what was best suited to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Change of mind opens tomorrow :O

It doesn't open until the 5th of May according to the CAO website?

• Advertisement

It doesn't open until the 5th of May according to the CAO website?

My bad, I just had it in my mind it was the 1st of May I never checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

Anyone going to NUIG? I'm hoping to do arts there :) don't know anyone going up there though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My bad, I just had it in my mind it was the 1st of May I never checked!

That's the second time you've done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Is it change of mind, or change of order on 5th of May?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

Legion. wrote: »
    Is it change of mind, or change of order on 5th of May?
    Change of mind. I'm only going to keep 2 of my original 10 i'd say

Change of mind. I'm only going to keep 2 of my original 10 i'd say

Brilliant. Gonna change a lot of mine. I like the courses, but I wouldnt mind a couple of options that would give more chance of immediate employment after college.

That's the second time you've done that!

Well I get the last laugh because seemingly it is already open! (Well I dunno about anyone else but I'm able to change mine) and on the CAO the 5th of May was only the "expected date"

What switches have ye made so far, anyone?
    Probably gonna get rid of all my business related courses, and the computer science ones too!

What switches have ye made so far, anyone?
    Probably gonna get rid of all my business related courses, and the computer science ones too!

Why are you changing those? I'll probably make changes tomorrow when I have time. Not sure what I'll change though..

Legion. wrote: »
    Why are you changing those? I'll probably make changes tomorrow when I have time. Not sure what I'll change though..

Yera, change of heart those courses just aren't for me, it's not the way I wanna go. Gonna put science courses down instead, which ones though? I'm the kinda guy who won't make up his mind to till the day after the CAO closes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Just did my changes there - here's what it looks like:

1. DN400 Medicine - Undergraduate Entry (Restricted)
    2. DN300 Veterinary Medicine - Undergraduate entry
    3. TR017 Law and Business
    4. DN610 Business and Law
    5. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences (BBB)
    6. TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies
    7. DN650 Commerce
    8. TR332 Geography/Sociology
    9. DN550 Social Science
    10. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours (full-time) - Economics / Sociology (ESO)

Just did my changes there - here's what it looks like:

1. DN400 Medicine - Undergraduate Entry (Restricted)
    2. DN300 Veterinary Medicine - Undergraduate entry
    3. TR017 Law and Business
    4. DN610 Business and Law
    5. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences (BBB)
    6. TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies
    7. DN650 Commerce
    8. TR332 Geography/Sociology
    9. DN550 Social Science
    10. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours (full-time) - Economics / Sociology (ESO)

Quick question why wouldn't you take medicine outside UCD? Like what if you got it in Cork or Galway or RCSI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Physio rcsi
    Physio ucd
    Physio tcd
    Att dcu
    Biomedical science dit
    Health and life sciences ucd
    Sport science ucd
    Sport science dcu
    Science (bbb) ucd
    Analytical science dcu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I would go onto my CAO and change around my courses but I'm too lazy. I'll end up doing it the 30th June ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Quick question why wouldn't you take medicine outside UCD? Like what if you got it in Cork or Galway or RCSI?

I live in Dublin and I wouldn't be able to afford moving to Galway/Cork and I thought you needed Irish for RCSI (stupid I know) managed to snake out of Irish because I was born in Amsterdam (even both my rents are Irish and I only lived there for a year, so stupid that I could get out of it)...so yeah didn't apply for it in RCSI and then I don't have 2 sciences for Trinity. If I get the same results I got in my mocks I should get it in UCD, but it's still pretty uncertain

I live in Dublin and I wouldn't be able to afford moving to Galway/Cork and I thought you needed Irish for RCSI (stupid I know) managed to snake out of Irish because I was born in Amsterdam (even both my rents are Irish and I only lived there for a year, so stupid that I could get out of it)...so yeah didn't apply for it in RCSI and then I don't have 2 sciences for Trinity. If I get the same results I got in my mocks I should get it in UCD, but it's still pretty uncertain

I find it fascinating that RCSI require Irish it being probably the most international college in Ireland, but are you sure that if you've an exemption from Irish in school you have an exemption from Irish for Matriculation? Maybe it's worth sending an email to the admissions office? That is of course if you really are bothered with going to RCSI, truthfully it is last on my list of med schools I applied to :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Just changed mine!
    1. Biological + Biomedical Sciences NUIM
    2. Biomedical Science UCC/CIT
    3. Biological + Chemical Sciences UCC
    4. Multimedia, mobile + web NUIM
    5. Genetics TCD
    6. Multimedia, programming + design LIT
    7. Multimedia CIT
    8. Design - Visual Comm UL
    9. Computer Games Development LIT

happy now, didn't add any level 7s though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

1. Finance UCC
    2. Commerce UCC
    3. Accounting UCC
    4. Accounting CIT

I think I have Commerce and Accounting as a mature student, still waiting on my Finance interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone for law???

• Advertisement

Did we just become best friends?

Advertisement