Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Where do you get this information regarding the % applying for a certain field/subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

No, the points for the course reflect the lowest points with which someone will get in *this* year ... which is why no-one can tell you what the points for this year will be in advance.

Ah thanks, now that makes sense.
    The answer is in your CAO handbook! :)

I think that's lying around somewhere as a pseudo coffee mat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

yournerd wrote: »
    So whats the Law entry into Tcd? Im soooo confused.

Well it's 525 points if that's what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

what exactly was that CAO letter about? I never got one, is it important?

please someone reply, im starting to panic :/

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

It's just a letter confirming your CAO choices and personal details. I doubt it's that important. But if you're really that stressed, shoot them an email and ask what the story is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Not very important, just check that your personal details are right, especially your exam number, if there is something wrong you can change it online or by post. If you've been changing your courses online up to now if you use the letter to change you can't use the internetto change it, so in sort don't do anything with the letter its just formally confirming your personal details and what your course were up until h change of.mind opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Apparently it's important as proof of your application incase they mess up and lose you in the system. I'd email them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

You are supposed to ring them if you haven't received it by a certain date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Whoever thought that practically making us decide what we want to do for the rest of our lives was a good idea? Who?

I am having some serious doubts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

I've got medicine in NUIG as numero uno. Why in God's name are we not told the result of the HPAT til after the LC?! If I knew now at least I'd know what to aim for/if I even stand a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

SOMEONE HELP.. midwifery or applied languages????

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Theoretical Physics in TCD. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

meleanor wrote: »
    I've got medicine in NUIG as numero uno. Why in God's name are we not told the result of the HPAT til after the LC?! If I knew now at least I'd know what to aim for/if I even stand a chance!

I think they left it so late this year cause last year they released it early and as a result loads of people knew that medicine wasn't a possibility having scored badly in the hpat.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Well this is my third year filling out the CAO, hopefully I'll actually be accepting a course this time :rolleyes:
    2011, I got offered no courses because I failed OL maths (LOL I know). To make it even worse I went back to just repeat OL maths and ended up dropping to foundation last minute! So in 2012, I was offered some ****ty course that I didn't even want to do. I went and did a fetac Level 5 in Animal Care and think I did pretty good, so I'm hoping things will actually go well for me this time, and I'll finally be clicking 'Accept' on a course in 2013 :P Third times the charm!

Moral of the story, study your arses off these next few weeks kids and don't be like me! If I wasn't such an idiot and copped on a bit I'd be heading into my final year of my course :rolleyes:

Anyways,

Level 8:-
    1.DN310 Veterinary Nursing

Level 7:-

1.AL731 Veterinary Nursing
    2.DK784 Veterinary Nursing
    3. LY847 Veterinary Nursing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Bonbon1995 wrote: »

midwifery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Bonbon1995 wrote: »

If you're considering midwifery, I'd also consider general nursing. You've probably been told this a million and one times, but when you're training to be a midwife all you'll be looking at is bumps and babies, while you experience a lot more as a general nursing student. Plus then it's only 18 months extra study if you decide to do the midwifery, while it's 4 years if you decide to go from midwifery to general.

I was considering putting midwifery first on my cao last year, but was advised not to! But sure at the end of the day it's up to you! (I'm in general nursing btw!)

Siobhnk wrote: »
    If you're considering midwifery, I'd also consider general nursing. You've probably been told this a million and one times, but when you're training to be a midwife all you'll be looking at is bumps and babies, while you experience a lot more as a general nursing student. Plus then it's only 18 months extra study if you decide to do the midwifery, while it's 4 years if you decide to go from midwifery to general.

I was considering putting midwifery first on my cao last year, but was advised not to! But sure at the end of the day it's up to you! (I'm in general nursing btw!)
    Thanks for the advice Siobhan :). believe it or not im so petrified of needles, that prob sounds ridic but there is less needles involved in midwifery compared to nursing isn't there? Where are you doing your course? And does the placement hours take away from the college social life or is that a rumour? Thanks :)

007driver wrote: »
    midwifery
    Any reason why you would choose midwifery or applied languages??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Anyone know where the Jam making/sandwich making or Basket weaving course is on? My friends and I want to play CAO Chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Anyone know where the Jam making/sandwich making or Basket weaving course is on? My friends and I want to play CAO Chicken.
    It's not on the CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

anyone else for law plus in UL no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    anyone else for law plus in UL no??

I have it down alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

not first choice no? dont know of anyone else doing it really haha!

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    not first choice no? dont know of anyone else doing it really haha!
    I have it down 3rd :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dor1995

When's the closing date? Have engineering down but I dunno wat to do to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

June 30th is the closing date I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

July 1st :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Anyone else for Science in Trinity? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

It's my fourth choice after all the medicine courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Well NanoScience, which is essentially the science course with a bit of nano lectures, What Modules are you going to take in Science? :)

Advertisement