Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yes.

Heh only kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Don't even know what level 7's to put down :| My second choice on the level 8 is arts which was 300 points so I know I'll get that if I don't get my first choice. So I've only 1 level 7 down even though I wouldn't accept it (i doubt)! :L

12 minutes. This is all too much!

Actually, anyone on the CAO website right now, has the website speed up so quickly? :P When I click log in or whatever it like instantly loads, while it didn't for the past months! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

But Randy I dont think I'll get the points for my top one so I'm considering just leaving it out. Have you any advice?
    Take a trip to the doctor, see if he would be able to extract my size 11 hobnail boot from your hole! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

But Randy I dont think I'll get the points for my top one so I'm considering just leaving it out. Have you any advice?

I hope Randy straight up bans you for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

We'll I never. I thought moderators were here to protect and serve. boards.ie finest.
    If I dont get my top choice I'm suing. I'll have your badge.

Im such a tease :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

2 minutes ahhhhhhhh

I'm just clicking the link to my top choice to ensure its still galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

I only have one course down.

I tried & tried to put something else down, but there's only one course I want to spend 4 years of my life doing.

Oh well!!

• Advertisement

And its over.

I'm still able to change my courses? :L

But it dosent matter cause they were saved at a quarter past.

Well Randy I didnt think I'd get the points so I put nothing on my list.

Im such a tease :pac:
    We know, bbz, but you really should put your jeans back on, there may be ladies present! ;)
    And its over.
    With unusually few panicky people, I hope that doesn't mean we get a stream of "What?! The 1st was yesterday?!! O_O" posts tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Why hasnt anyone put down Catholic theological studies in TCD. It sounds like a gem of a course

I know for a fact that I'm now going to have nightmares that I put the wrong course as no.1, even though I can see it's the right one :o

We know, bbz, but you really should put your jeans back on, there may be ladies present! ;)

And ware a hole in them. Ye must be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

hfallada wrote: »
    Why hasnt anyone put down Catholic theological studies in TCD. It sounds like a gem of a course

Would someone actually put that down as their #1 choice? It seems so random and irrelevant. (No offence to anyone out there doing Catholic theological studies in TCD)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

ray2012 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that I'm now going to have nightmares that I put the wrong course as no.1, even though I can see it's the right one :o
    I just typed in "cao nuig" into twitter and I'm pretty sure the first thing that came up was you :P weird..

Wow, nearly had a heart attack there, thought I put down Art (History), instead of Arts there a second ago when I checked. Luckily, I didn't! Phew!
    NellyDean wrote: »
    I just typed in "cao nuig" into twitter and I'm pretty sure the first thing that came up was you :P weird..

Gimme' a follow! :D

• Advertisement

And ware a hole in them. Ye must be joking.
    Ah, but ... back or front? :pac:

With unusually few panicky people, I hope that doesn't mean we get a stream of "What?! The 1st was yesterday?!! O_O" posts tomorrow.

A post on my Facebook newsfeed reads "Since when wasn't there 31 days in June? I have 12 minutes to do my CAO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

It isn't too bad if you regret the college you choose to go to "Candidates are considered for transfer into SECOND YEAR of any undergraduate degree course if they have successfully completed the first year of a similar degree course in another recognised institution"

Woooooo :D

A post on my Facebook newsfeed reads "Since when wasn't there 31 days in June? I have 12 minutes to do my CAO"
    Yep, that's more typical of what we get every year!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

ray2012 wrote: »
    Wow, nearly had a heart attack there, thought I put down Art (History), instead of Arts there a second ago when I checked. Luckily, I didn't! Phew!

Gimme' a follow! :D
    done :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im feeling more calm than I thought I would.. Most likely Ill wake up tomorrow thinking, SHIIIIIIIIIIII WHY DID I CHOOSE THAT AS MY 1st?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Good lord so much Cork.

You mean other places exist? :eek: :P

Jade. wrote: »
    You mean other places exist? :eek: :P
    Nah, they're just a figment of the imagination brought on by a lack of Murphy's! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Elaine1995

Hi I thought closing date was 12:00 on the 1st of July and was half way through my changing my cao and I realised it had closed. Can anyone help me. Late applications? Panicking here would love if anyone could help me.

• Advertisement

Elaine1995 wrote: »
    Hi I thought closing date was 12:00 on the 1st of July and was half way through my changing my cao and I realised it had closed. Can anyone help me. Late applications? Panicking here would love if anyone could help me.
    If you hadn't saved the changes you had made, it will revert to the original choices you made.

Late applications is long closed, I'm afraid.

Vacant places will have a small number of courses / choices in late August, i.e. courses which have not filled for one reason or another, or which colleges have decided to offer extra places in, but it will be a very restricted pool.

Advertisement