Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

No, level 6/7 and level 8 act as two different systems, come the round 1 offers if you filled out both you'll be offered your highest preference in each individually so you'll choose from 2 offers, one level 6/7 and one level 8, so there's no requirement for you to fill out level 6/7 (or level 8 as the case may be!) Of course you can always just take the absolute piss out of the level 6/7's like I did! Come on Sports with community leadership in Dundalk IT ;)

Awesome then, my laziness prevents me from filing in any more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

_rebelkid wrote: »
    340 in 2012. So I'm between 100 and 190 over. Which is nice...

Lucky!!! 480 in UCD and 450 in trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Computer Science in UCC. Did it for a week in TY, brother is in Y2, love the course.

Lowest points estimate is still 160 over the min. entry, but I threw in a few UL courses as well is the feces hits the proverbial rotary air mover...

I'm in a pretty similar situation, hoping for Computer Science in NUIG, but expecting at the very least 150 points over the requirement :p UL is also my backup though, juuust in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

I'm in a pretty similar situation, hoping for Computer Science in NUIG, but expecting at the very least 150 points over the requirement :p UL is also my backup though, juuust in case :)

Ya, spoke to the Course director in UL at an open day, course sounds good, but UCC and NUIG courses sound better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Remember the CAO online discounted application fee of €25 finishes today at 5pm after that is rises to €40, so as my career guidance teacher said, why bother spend €15 extra, just register now and spend what you save on drink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Just registered for the CAO. :) Can someone clarify this for me...say I was to put down TCD, UCD and Maynooth in that order today and decided tomorrow that I want to put UCD first...can I change it straight away? Or is there a specific date that you have to wait until you can change the order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

1. DN541 International Languages - German / Italian (ITG)
    2. LM044 Applied Languages
    3. DC231 International Relations
    4. LM022 Politics and International Relations
    5. LM040 European Studies

Finally it is done..

Just registered for the CAO. :) Can someone clarify this for me...say I was to put down TCD, UCD and Maynooth in that order today and decided tomorrow that I want to put UCD first...can I change it straight away? Or is there a specific date that you have to wait until you can change the order?

You can change it as you please

Methememb wrote: »
    You can change it as you please

Thanks! And does that go for after February 1st? I'm confused as to whether there is a specific time period during which you can change the order! :)

Not 100% sure on that. Here's a link to the CAO handbook which should answer all your questions.
    http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

• Advertisement

Methememb wrote: »
    Not 100% sure on that. Here's a link to the CAO handbook which should answer all your questions.
    http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

Yeah I was reading that just there, I haven't a very good career guidance teacher so he always told us that you could change the order at any time up until 1st July but from reading the website, I think he may be wrong. :rolleyes: Thanks for the help. :)

From what I can see in the handbook, it appears the change of mind window is from May 5th to July1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

RC004 Physiotherapy
    DN420 Physiotherapy
    DN425 Health and Performance Science
    DT204 Biomedical Science
    TR055 Radiation Therapy
    DC204 Athletic Therapy and Training
    DN440 Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences
    DT420 Nutraceuticals in Health and Nutrition
    DT235 Physics with Medical Physics and Bioengineering

Come on Sports with community leadership in Dundalk IT ;)

I would love if that was the only thing you were offered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RC004 Physiotherapy
    DN420 Physiotherapy
    DT204 Biomedical Science
    TR055 Radiation Therapy

I assume you want to be a Physio? :p

I was thinking about it as well but if you don't get the points for the actual Physiotherapy course it's €24,000 to do the graduate course in UCD. That's without a guarantee of a job when you're finished, and most people have to emigrate to find a job. It's a big risk, that's what put me off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Do we need to have all slots filled for both lvl 6/7 and 8's? I'm a bit worried as I have 4 for Lvl 8 and 3 for Lvl 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

You only need to have 1 in either but its best to have at least one in each.

I assume you want to be a Physio? :p

I was thinking about it as well but if you don't get the points for the actual Physiotherapy course it's €24,000 to do the graduate course in UCD. That's without a guarantee of a job when you're finished, and most people have to emigrate to find a job. It's a big risk, that's what put me off it.

I'm planning on doing postgraduate physio in France if I don't get the phyio straight off, yeah I was looking at the ucd graduate prospectus and it's not cheap alright

Might consider grad medicine when I'm older and wiser :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

1. DN400 Medicine - Undergraduate Entry (Restricted)
    2. GY501 Medicine (5-year/6-year course and 8-year embedded PhD options)
    (Restricted)
    3. CK701 Medicine - (Undergraduate Entry) (Restricted)
    4. RC001 Medicine - (Undergraduate Entry) (Restricted)
    5. TR072 Pharmacy
    6. CK703 Pharmacy
    7. DN440 Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences
    8. TR056 Human Health and Disease
    9. GY303 Biomedical Science
    10. DN200 Science

Should probably add a few lower points courses..
    Why must all the med-related courses be so damn high!

1. DN400 Medicine - Undergraduate Entry (Restricted)
    2. GY501 Medicine (5-year/6-year course and 8-year embedded PhD options)
    (Restricted)
    3. CK701 Medicine - (Undergraduate Entry) (Restricted)
    4. RC001 Medicine - (Undergraduate Entry) (Restricted)
    5. TR072 Pharmacy
    6. CK703 Pharmacy
    7. DN440 Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences
    8. TR056 Human Health and Disease
    9. GY303 Biomedical Science
    10. DN200 Science

Should probably add a few lower points courses..
    Why must all the med-related courses be so damn high!

Out of curiosity why no Medicine in Trinity?

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity why no Medicine in Trinity?

Too many snobs!
    Nah, I joke. I do ag science and biology and apparently that's not allowed in Trinners :(

Too many snobs!
    Nah, I joke. I do ag science and biology and apparently that's not allowed in Trinners :(
    But surely though assuming you have Chemistry, you have your two lab sciences anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Can't remember if I've posted all 10 or not...

My CAO as it stands, subject to much changing of order!

1-Science TCD
    2-Biomed UCC&CIT
    3-Bio and Chem Sciences UCC
    4-Science UCD
    5-Biomed DIT
    6-Genetics and cell biology DCU
    7-Human genetics TCD
    8-Biological and biomedical Science NUIM
    9-medical science GMIT
    10- human health and disease TCD 

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

RC004 Physiotherapy
    DN420 Physiotherapy
    DT204 Biomedical Science
    TR055 Radiation Therapy

what about physio in UL maybe?

But surely though assuming you have Chemistry, you have your two lab sciences anyway?

Yeah I have Ag Sci, Biology and Chemistry but I'm not allowed to use the points I get from both Ag Sci and Biology together.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Yeah I have Ag Sci, Biology and Chemistry but I'm not allowed to use the points I get from both Ag Sci and Biology together.

Seriously?! I thought you just just couldn't use them both for entry requirements? That hardly seems fair...

Really? I agree with Parawhore, to the best of my knowledge you can't use it to reach the entry requirements of two lab sciences but that you can use it for points purposes, it's worth giving the the admissions office in TCD a ring to clear it up!

Really? I agree with Parawhore, to the best of my knowledge you can't use it to reach the entry requirements of two lab sciences but that you can use it for points purposes, it's worth giving the the admissions office in TCD a ring to clear it up!

I thought I read it on Qualifax a while ago but I'm just after reading it again. Turns out I read it wrong! I read this:
    -Specific Subjects Required

A higher level grade B and a higher level grade C in two of physics, chemistry, biology, physics/chemistry, agricultural science. Physics/chemistry may not be presented with physics or chemistry. Agricultural science may not be presented with biology.

But further down it says:
    Biology and agricultural science may both be used for scoring purposes but biology may not be presented with agricultural science as the two higher level subjects required

I'll probably never get med in Trinity anyway! But at least I have something else to add :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

My courses seem very achievable compared to everyone elses on this thread, hurrah for my lack of ambition! :D

1. LM035 English and History
    2. LM032 Arts (Joint Honours)
    LM033 New Media and English
    LM039 Journalism and New Media
    GY101 Arts
    GY111 Arts with Creative Writing
    GY105 Arts (History)
    8. LM046 History Politics Sociology and Social Studies

• Advertisement

I'll probably never get med in Trinity anyway! But at least I have something else to add :D

Ah sure they're all as close as makes no difference! One or two questions in S2 of the HPAT could make all the difference betweem UCD and TCD!

Advertisement