Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EoinMeath95

Well Eoin

Mary I had their official open day in October but you can arrange a tour around the campus by phoning them up. You'll prob get to chat to faculty and staff and all if you asked them. Myself an a friend of mine from school are doing this with Marino :)

Might be seeing ya in Pats next year hopefully :D

Thanks for that! Yep, hopefully I'll see you there! *fingers crossed* What way do you think the points will go? I'd imagine they'll stay at 470.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Thanks for that! Yep, hopefully I'll see you there! *fingers crossed* What way do you think the points will go? I'd imagine they'll stay at 470.

No worries! Yeah, my careers guidance teacher reckons they'll stay the same as well, hopefully :) Sure we'll just get 625 to be sure anyway, shouldn't be any hassle like :cool: :pac: You going for campus next year? :D

No worries! Yeah, my careers guidance teacher reckons they'll stay the same as well, hopefully :) Sure we'll just get 625 to be sure anyway, shouldn't be any hassle like :cool: :pac: You going for campus next year? :D

I'd say I'll scrape 465... If I don't get Pats I'd nearly prefer to do Arts in UCD and do secondary...

I live in Meath so I'll drive in and out every day probably... what part of the country are u in?

I'd say I'll scrape 465... If I don't get Pats I'd nearly prefer to do Arts in UCD and do secondary...

I live in Meath so I'll drive in and out every day probably... what part of the country are u in?

Ah there's 4 months left yet, be surprised how much ya could get done!

Yeah? Suppose it's handier and more importantly cheaper :p Ha I'll not say where exactly but I'm not too far from Meath. Driving over back wouldn't be an option so it'll be campus for me most likely

Ah there's 4 months left yet, be surprised how much ya could get done!

Yeah? Suppose it's handier and more importantly cheaper :p Ha I'll not say where exactly but I'm not too far from Meath. Driving over back wouldn't be an option so it'll be campus for me most likely

I'd say the campus would be some craic!! Pats was my favourite of all the teachin colleges I went to

• Advertisement

I'd say the campus would be some craic!! Pats was my favourite of all the teachin colleges I went to

So I've heard :D Yeah, I love Pats! I was always split between it and Marino but I went to the Pats open day and the whole place is brilliant :D Just wanna start now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

At the moment my number one is computer science and a language (French) in Trinity, but I'm not 100% yet :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

1. Business Studies (UL)
    2. International Business (UL)
    3. Arts Degree (UL)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

inthezone wrote: »
    1. Business Studies (UL)
    2. International Business (UL)
    3. Arts Degree (UL)

:D

More than likely will see you in UL next year so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

1. DT501 Music (Restricted)
    2. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours (full-time)
    3. DN517 Music (Restricted)
    4. DT559 Photography (Restricted)
    5. DC132 Journalism
    6. DT546 Fine Art (Restricted)
    7. DL044 Visual Arts Practice (Fine Art) (Restricted)
    8. DL042 Photography (Restricted)

It'll definitely change though. :P

• Advertisement

ray2012 wrote: »

I can't wait :) It honestly looks so amazing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

I can't wait :) It honestly looks so amazing there!
    Aaaaah another UL person! Cant wait its unreal!:D Hate the way everyone thinks limerick is a **** hole :(

I LOVE UL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Aaaaah another UL person! Cant wait its unreal!:D Hate the way everyone thinks limerick is a **** hole :(
    Ah now, it is really though. The best thing about UL is how self-contained it is.

Ah now, it is really though. The best thing about UL is how self-contained it is.
    Really is :) I have a huge interest in primary teaching at mary I but I just want to go to UL haha trying to find any course there that I like!:P

When I first thought about putting UL down first on my CAO I was a bit hesitant to tell the truth. :P
    I was just wary of the title it had as being a 'dangerous' city and with all the gang crimes and violence there.
    But I've gotten over that as I think (or I hope!) that all the coverage given to it as 'stab city' is exaggerated!

When I first thought about putting UL down first on my CAO I was a bit hesitant to tell the truth. :P
    I was just wary of the title it had as being a 'dangerous' city and with all the gang crimes and violence there.
    But I've gotten over that as I think (or I hope!) that all the coverage given to it as 'stab city' is exaggerated!
    So was I seriously its made out to be some knacker hole but honestly it isn't! I went up to a few friends there this week for a bit of a creep and a session who go to UL, and I can honestly say its brilliant! The security on campus is brilliant and in clubs, a drunken fight broke out and within 2 secs 5 bouncers were hauling them out! The atmosphere is brill too! Anyone who leave out UL from their CAO just because the media makes it out to be **** is a big idiot because in my opinion they'res nothing compared to limerick citaaaaaaaaay :):)

So was I seriously its made out to be some knacker hole but honestly it isn't! I went up to a few friends there this week for a bit of a creep and a session who go to UL, and I can honestly say its brilliant! The security on campus is brilliant and in clubs, a drunken fight broke out and within 2 secs 5 bouncers were hauling them out! The atmosphere is brill too! Anyone who leave out UL from their CAO just because the media makes it out to be **** is a big idiot because in my opinion they'res nothing compared to limerick citaaaaaaaaay :):)

I'm really looking forward to it, can't wait. :D
    All that's left to worry about now is the accommodation, which I'm dreading sorting out... On-campus is too expensive for me I think, even though I'd love to stay there. :( I'm looking at Groody Park maybe, it's around 15 minutes outside the university so it's not too bad. The only fear I have is that I'll turn up in an off-campus accommodation and there will be no 1st years there, only 2nd/3rd year! :eek: My nightmare. :(
    Would love Plassey though, but heard you have to be booking by around April time? I wouldn't be able cause I need to see if I get into UL first! :P
    Where abouts are you thinking, or have you looked at all? I'm just hoping it's not a huge disappointment living off-campus. I hope it's just as much craic, and cheaper!

All that's left to worry about now is the accommodation, which I'm dreading sorting out... On-campus is too expensive for me I think, even though I'd love to stay there. :( I'm looking at Groody Park maybe, it's around 15 minutes outside the university so it's not too bad. The only fear I have is that I'll turn up in an off-campus accommodation and there will be no 1st years there, only 2nd/3rd year! :eek: My nightmare. :(
    Would love Plassey though, but heard you have to be booking by around April time? I wouldn't be able cause I need to see if I get into UL first! :P
    Where abouts are you thinking, or have you looked at all? I'm just hoping it's not a huge disappointment living off-campus. I hope it's just as much craic, and cheaper!
    It wouldn't be that much cheaper maybe 200 -300 euro ! I think the extra bit of money is worth it cause you don't have bills and are guaranteed to be safe and with 1st years and all the craic, research tho ! :) I got an email back of UL last week and its actually next week we must book I think ! hmmm.:eek:.. thinking kilmurry myself its full of 1st years and a bit more comfy than plassey, but im sure plassey is brill too! :) Do you know what you want to study? :rolleyes:

I'm booking accommodation to live in Kilmurry :) To be honest, I like the idea of living on-campus and I know I don't go there yet so I'm in no position to say it, but I reckon most of the first years will be living on campus so I'd recommend it. Booking will be open in a week or so anyway!

• Advertisement

Next week?! :O That's crazy... The deposit is around €250 ? Do ye know if you get any of that back just say if you don't get the points for the course and you release on August 15th that you're not going to Limerick ? I need a job badly so I can stay on-campus..
    I want to do Applied Languages :P What about you?

Do you know how much the deposit for Kilmurry is?

Next week?! :O That's crazy... The deposit is around €250 ? Do ye know if you get any of that back just say if you don't get the points for the course and you release on August 15th that you're not going to Limerick ? I need a job badly so I can stay on-campus..

Yeah, it's €250. I can't remember if all of it is returned if you don't end up going there, but definitely most of it! I'm barely managing to stay on campus, but I could definitely do with a job too! I'm doing Business Studies.

Yeah, it's €250. I can't remember if all of it is returned if you don't end up going there, but definitely most of it! I'm barely managing to stay on campus, but I could definitely do with a job too! I'm doing Business Studies.

Just read this on the website :

22. What if I change my mind or find alternative accommodation? Do I get my deposit back?
    Unfortunately, given the high demand for on-campus accommodation, you will forfeit your deposit should you wish to cancel your booking with us.

I was kinda shocked by that to say the least! I'll really have to think about it now.. Don't want to lose my money..

EDIT : I read the website wrong. You get 200Euro back if you cancel your accommodation within 3 days of CAO offers coming out, you just lose 50 euro so it's not too bad!

Am ya its 250 but I have friends there who got their 200 back and they keep 50 if you don't get it (God forbid) :P Saaaaaaaaaaaame I want to do applied languages too or international business..more languages tho! eeek yay some1 else:o

Am ya its 250 but I have friends there who got their 200 back and they keep 50 if you don't get it (God forbid) :P Saaaaaaaaaaaame I want to do applied languages too or international business..more languages tho! eeek yay some1 else:o

Really?! :D I'm sure I'm going to be in Applied Languages in UL next year (as long as the points don't rise by around 50!). So I will more than likely see you there next year if you choose to do the languages. :) I'm just worried about the accommodation. Dreading it isn't even the word. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

My first choice is Primary Teaching in Saint Pats, then in Marino, Maynooth and Mary I. I really want to go to Pats, I went to the open day and it looked so nice and welcoming!
    @EoinMeath95 and @BrownBear11 I hope I'll be seeing you next year! (: I'm going for campus too @BrownBear11, in reply to your previous post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MeganIreland

hitchcock wrote: »
    My first choice is Primary Teaching in Saint Pats, then in Marino, Maynooth and Mary I. I really want to go to Pats, I went to the open day and it looked so nice and welcoming!
    @EoinMeath95 and @BrownBear11 I hope I'll be seeing you next year! (: I'm going for campus too @BrownBear11, in reply to your previous post!

Hi guys :) , I actually can't tell you how happy I am that I finally found someone applying to Pats (#1) and Marino (#2) , are ye all from the Dublin area or further away? , What did ye make of the on campus accomodation ( Plan on applying to there and Marino , prefer Marinos accomodation) and if ye didn't like it where do ye plan on staying?
    Sorry for the intrusion :)
    xx

Really?! :D I'm sure I'm going to be in Applied Languages in UL next year (as long as the points don't rise by around 50!). So I will more than likely see you there next year if you choose to do the languages. :) I'm just worried about the accommodation. Dreading it isn't even the word. :eek:
    Same either that or mary I :) Am yeah kinda getting worried a lot of people seem to want to do applied languages this year! Imagine if it hit 500! :O Booking next week I think! Go to kilmurry it'll be some craic!! :):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Hi guys :) , I actually can't tell you how happy I am that I finally found someone applying to Pats (#1) and Marino (#2) , are ye all from the Dublin area or further away? , What did ye make of the on campus accomodation ( Plan on applying to there and Marino , prefer Marinos accomodation) and if ye didn't like it where do ye plan on staying?
    Sorry for the intrusion :)
    xx
    I'm happy to find people that have the same choices as me too, there aren't many in my year going for teaching! Well I live in Laois, so I'll need to get on-campus accommodation, as commuting wouldn't be feasible for me so I'm going to apply for both Pats and Marino accommodation. They both seem fine although Marino is a bit more modern looking. Fingers crossed we get a place!
    If not, I'll just rent a place with friends. You're not intruding! (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MeganIreland

hitchcock wrote: »
    I'm happy to find people that have the same choices as me too, there aren't many in my year going for teaching! Well I live in Laois, so I'll need to get on-campus accommodation, as commuting wouldn't be feasible for me so I'm going to apply for both Pats and Marino accommodation. They both seem fine although Marino is a bit more modern looking. Fingers crossed we get a place!
    If not, I'll just rent a place with friends. You're not intruding! (:

I know I'm in the same situation , out of a year of 50 I'm the only one interested in teaching and there is only 2 of us heading towards the Dublin region! , I'm from the not so sunny south east , living in Waterford like so I can't commute! I'm the same , apply to both and hope for the best! Pats isn't the best looking , and I fell in love with Marino accomodation!
    I really hope so! Always wanted to be a teacher , I'd be heartbroken if I didn't get it :) , Yeah I will probably end up looking into renting if I don't get both. Do you know when Marino start taking applications?

Thanks so much! :) so glad I found people!
    x

Advertisement