Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

I know I'm in the same situation , out of a year of 50 I'm the only one interested in teaching and there is only 2 of us heading towards the Dublin region! , I'm from the not so sunny south east , living in Waterford like so I can't commute! I'm the same , apply to both and hope for the best! Pats isn't the best looking , and I fell in love with Marino accomodation!
    I really hope so! Always wanted to be a teacher , I'd be heartbroken if I didn't get it :) , Yeah I will probably end up looking into renting if I don't get both. Do you know when Marino start taking applications?

Thanks so much! :) so glad I found people!
    x
    Same, always wanted to be a teacher, I didn't get it last year so hopefully this repeat year will be worth it! As far as I know, like from last year, Marino have a waiting list that you can put your name down on for accommodation around easter, or just before. I did that last year, and its good to have your name down just to have one less thing to worry about coming up the the exams. I went on their website (Marino), and the application form is only for this year (12/13), so maybe in a few weeks or so they'll start up next year's waiting list. With Pats, they only sort their accommodation after the results com out in august. No problem! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MeganIreland

thank you so much :) Fingers crossed for us!
    Hope to see you there in Sept :)
    Good luck with the exams :)
    xx

thank you so much :) Fingers crossed for us!
    Hope to see you there in Sept :)
    Good luck with the exams :)
    xx
    No problem, hope to see you there too! Good luck to you too! (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Well lads! Great to see more future Pats heads on here :D
    hitchcock wrote: »
    My first choice is Primary Teaching in Saint Pats, then in Marino, Maynooth and Mary I. I really want to go to Pats, I went to the open day and it looked so nice and welcoming!
    @EoinMeath95 and @BrownBear11 I hope I'll be seeing you next year! (: I'm going for campus too @BrownBear11, in reply to your previous post!
    Hello :D
    Campus looks good to me from what I saw at the open days :) Bit basic but that doesn't bother me in the least tbh. I just hope I get it when I apply is all. Be really disappointed if I missed it but sure that's a problem for future me to deal with :p
    Hi guys :) , I actually can't tell you how happy I am that I finally found someone applying to Pats (#1) and Marino (#2) , are ye all from the Dublin area or further away? , What did ye make of the on campus accomodation ( Plan on applying to there and Marino , prefer Marinos accomodation) and if ye didn't like it where do ye plan on staying?
    Sorry for the intrusion :)
    xx

Hey :D
    Yeah, we're a small bunch it seems but sure what harm, less competition for places that way I suppose. I'm a bit out from Dublin, 'bout an hour 45 minutes drive north of it :) I'm fully set on campus at this stage (Ya probably gathered that :p) although I agree with you; Marino is lovely. Not just their campus either the whole spot is really nice and to tell the truth, although I really like Pats, I would gladly go to Marino at the same time. And you're definitely not intruding now, good to chat to people in the same position as me :)

See yous in September :D:D

although I agree with you; Marino is lovely. Not just their campus either the whole spot is really nice and to tell the truth, although I really like Pats, I would gladly go to Marino at the same time.
    Yeah I feel the same way! Pats is my first choice because I know a lot of people that went there and it seems to have a pretty good reputation, but at the same time Marino seems to have that too and really nice accommodation! Hope to see you in September too! (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MeganIreland

hitchcock wrote: »
    Yeah I feel the same way! Pats is my first choice because I know a lot of people that went there and it seems to have a pretty good reputation, but at the same time Marino seems to have that too and really nice accommodation! Hope to see you in September too! (:

Yayy! :) Lads it is actually such a relief! Yeah 2hrs a day doesn't suit me either :) , Good luck with yer exams and see you all in September :D (positive thinking)

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Same either that or mary I :) Am yeah kinda getting worried a lot of people seem to want to do applied languages this year! Imagine if it hit 500! :O Booking next week I think! Go to kilmurry it'll be some craic!! :):pac:

Don't be getting me worried too! :P It's at 405 now, so I'd highly highly doubt they'll be THAT much demand for it! I could see it hitting 430 but I'd say that's it! .. I hope!

And yeah, if I go for on-campus accommodation Kilmurry will be my first choice, then Plassey! :P I honestly cannot wait for college !

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

ray2012 wrote: »
    Don't be getting me worried too! :P It's at 405 now, so I'd highly highly doubt they'll be THAT much demand for it! I could see it hitting 430 but I'd say that's it! .. I hope!

And yeah, if I go for on-campus accommodation Kilmurry will be my first choice, then Plassey! :P I honestly cannot wait for college !
    Id say now if im SO LUCKY ill get 470 max with the amount of study I plan to do ( haven't opened a book all year) :( sweet who knows we could be in the same house for all we know haha! :eek: oh God same ..4 months Tuesday till im finished! wbu? :)

Id say now if im SO LUCKY ill get 470 max with the amount of study I plan to do ( haven't opened a book all year) :( sweet who knows we could be in the same house for all we know haha! :eek: oh God same ..4 months Tuesday till im finished! wbu? :)

Same, I'll honestly be happy with over 400 but my aim is 450 and that's my optimistic view! :P Maybe!! :D I'll be finished 4 months Wednesday! What languages are you planning to do at UL ?

Same, I'll honestly be happy with over 400 but my aim is 450 and that's my optimistic view! :P Maybe!! :D I'll be finished 4 months Wednesday! What languages are you planning to do at UL ?
    We might as well aim for 500 while we're at it! haha.. :P Spanish and Irish and the marketing module ..really want to do French but I do Spanish in school :'( Wbu?!.. are you going to apply for mixed or same sex accommodation btw?..:D

• Advertisement

We might as well aim for 500 while we're at it! haha.. :P Spanish and Irish and the marketing module ..really want to do French but I do Spanish in school :'( Wbu?!.. are you going to apply for mixed or same sex accommodation btw?..:D

Would love that. :P Ah cool. :) I plan on doing French (do it in school) and Spanish (at beginners), and maybe the marketing module too, but I'm not sure of that. I didn't know you got to apply for one of the either. :pac: I don't have a clue which I'll pick, may go for the same-sex accommodation so I can stay away from the bad side of women :cool: Haha, ah I'm not sure, don't really mind! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

first choice is Business in UL :) reading up above there i heard people say accommodation booking is open next week? Would most people do it soonish or would it be stupid to leave it for another while?

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    first choice is Business in UL :) reading up above there i heard people say accommodation booking is open next week? Would most people do it soonish or would it be stupid to leave it for another while?

I suppose if you're fully sure that if you got UL that you'd stay on-campus, it'd make more sense to book it as early as possible. But if you're not too sure or whatever, it might be more sensible to wait. I'm waiting as I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, I need to see if I can get a job first! :eek:

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    Yup yup especially if you want Kilmurry or Plassey, they're generally a good bit cheaper and more first year orientated and book out quicker than the more luxurious Dromroe and Cappa!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Niiall

I am relying on getting a student grant from SUSI in order to go to UL next year, should I just go ahead and pay the deposit? If I don't get the grant and have to stay in Dublin, will I not then lose the €250?

Niiall wrote: »
    I am relying on getting a student grant from SUSI in order to go to UL next year, should I just go ahead and pay the deposit? If I don't get the grant and have to stay in Dublin, will I not then lose the €250?

You will lose €50, and have the €200 refunded, as far as I know.

In some cases you wont know if you got the grant till just before you accept your place or in bad situations, not till a bit into the course! Don't settle with Dublin if your heart is in Limerick! It'll work out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

Just stall it Muineacháin hai? Is maith liom Muineacháin!

Just booked accommodation!! :D anyone else on board with me?? :D

For Kilmurry? :P

• Advertisement

For Kilmurry? :P
    Ray my buddy :D haha yes of course, theres still space I rang them after school ;)

Ray my buddy :D haha yes of course, theres still space I rang them after school ;)

Haha, I don't know what I'm at yet... :confused: Honestly don't think I'll find myself on-campus, sadly.. :(
    I'll be still be in student accommodation but just off-campus, so it wouldn't be the end all but I desperately want on-campus so I can meet a load of new first years! :o

If only the grant was a larger sum! €3000 for the whole year which is supposed to cover accommodation/living expenses/etc ? Joke. :mad:

But still, if you end up going to UL (and I end up going there) I'll surely see you around :)

Haha, I don't know what I'm at yet... :confused: Honestly don't think I'll find myself on-campus, sadly.. :(
    I'll be still be in student accommodation but just off-campus, so it wouldn't be the end all but I desperately want on-campus so I can meet a load of new first years! :o

If only the grant was a larger sum! €3000 for the whole year which is supposed to cover accommodation/living expenses/etc ? Joke. :mad:

But still, if you end up going to UL (and I end up going there) I'll surely see you around :)
    3000? Omg I thought it was 5000? :/ Such a bummer.. really hope so!! Goodluck with everything man! :)

3000? Omg I thought it was 5000? :/ Such a bummer.. really hope so!! Goodluck with everything man! :)

I think the 5000 is the highest grant you can get (not fully sure). You too! Really hope I get into Applied Languages down there! :D

I think the 5000 is the highest grant you can get (not fully sure). You too! Really hope I get into Applied Languages down there! :D
    I hope you get a class summer job and end up at the banter in Kilmurry! haha:D Saaaame, first 3 hours of study was put down tonight and in the process of f***in LCVP portfolio..the joys:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

See you in Kilmurry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS HL IRISH EDCO PAPERS COULD YOU TELL ME THE QUESTION FOR AN SPAILPIN FABACH ON (or around) PAGE 146, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE

inthezone wrote: »
    See you in Kilmurry :D
    Really? :D When did you book?>.. Mixed or same sex too? Gonna be epic..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Really? :D When did you book?>.. Mixed or same sex too? Gonna be epic..:pac:

I literally booked on the day that it opened! I said mixed. I'm definitely going to Dromroe for second year, but Kilmurry sounds class just for meeting other ickle first years!

• Advertisement

inthezone wrote: »
    I literally booked on the day that it opened! I said mixed. I'm definitely going to Dromroe for second year, but Kilmurry sounds class just for meeting other ickle first years!
    Wont be put with you anyways I only booked tonight:p... Feck dromroe Kilmurry is waaaaaaaaaay better for the craic..!!! 6 months;)

Advertisement