Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO 2013?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Wont be put with you anyways I only booked tonight:p... Feck dromroe Kilmurry is waaaaaaaaaay better for the craic..!!! 6 months;)

Do they even sort them out this early though? Either way, we'll be neighbours sure! :D But Dromroe looks so deadly! I know right? We can get through this~

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

inthezone wrote: »
    Do they even sort them out this early though? Either way, we'll be neighbours sure! :D But Dromroe looks so deadly! I know right? We can get through this~
    Mmm youre prob right:D Dromroe's my second preference ..:) Not too sure about that but it has to be done!! :D.. what are you going for?:D

I'll be doing Business Studies... you? :)

I'll be doing Business Studies... you? :)
    cool cool.. am applied languages and if I don't get it ill be venturing over to Mary I for teaching haha!;)

Very nice :) I used to want to do primary teaching, and then I decided I couldn't handle that age range in large doses and I didn't fancy doing Irish after this year :P I'm awful at languages tbh.

• Advertisement

Very nice :) I used to want to do primary teaching, and then I decided I couldn't handle that age range in large doses and I didn't fancy doing Irish after this year :P I'm awful at languages tbh.
    That's the thing, and their hours seem awful, almost full days every day = SCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN... ! Youre crap at languages and im DREADFUL at maths oh god :(

I've had to give Maths some serious attention in the last month to ensure I get a good grade, and I'm in ORDINARY level :P I think things are shaping up to be okay though, for the midterm before my mocks I spent 90% of my study time on Maths and I think it paid off ^^

I've had to give Maths some serious attention in the last month to ensure I get a good grade, and I'm in ORDINARY level :P I think things are shaping up to be okay though, for the midterm before my mocks I spent 90% of my study time on Maths and I think it paid off ^^
    Oh sickner are you only doing you're mocks now? We're getting them back one after another haa :( Fairplay..wish I could study maths..its horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WhiteBoy.

x.png
    :D

I just want 250-270 points to get the Information technology support course
    i'm doing 4 higher levels you guys think its possible ? ;d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

WhiteBoy. wrote: »
    x.png
    :D

I just want 250-270 points to get the Information technology support course
    i'm doing 4 higher levels you guys think its possible ? ;d

Of course it is. :) Just keep on top of them (and also your OL subjects), and I'm sure you'll get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler95

Did anyone pick Architecture for D.I.T as their first choice ?

Wondering how much people did ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

anyone for law?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

yournerd wrote: »
    anyone for law?
    ME!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

anyone for law?

Medicine first, law second.

Which schools? And law and medicine spare very different yano:)what's your points averaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FashionGirl

I did the leaving last year and went to UCC and did Arts, now I'm repeating, I wouldn't recommend Arts unless you REALLY know what you want to do at the end of the degree e.g secondary teaching or absolutly LOVE the subjects you intend to study. It can be a bit all over the place.

Anyone thinking of doing Journalism? If so where and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

1st Choice: Arts in UCD, Two subjects:History and Geography
    2nd Choice: Arts in NUI Galway
    3rd Choice: Arts in UCC
    4th Choice: Interactive Applications Design & Development in DKIT
    Then the rest are level 7 computing courses.

Which schools? And law and medicine spare very different yano:)what's your points averaging?
    Points coming in at about 475-80 mocks not all back yet would be hoping for 500 come june of which I'm fully capable ... hoping for ucc! What about you guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Good luck to anyone doing hpat in the next while!

I got 450 in the mocks and I've projected around 515 in the leaving if I increase each grade two steps. Need 550 or so, I better get cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ellenkc

1-10 is all Psychology for me! Praying for Trinity or UCD, so I'll need to lock myself in my room for the next few months I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Medicine in ucd
    Law and business in tcd
    Science in ucd
    Business and law in ucd
    BESS in tcd
    Commerce in ucd
    Arts (economics and sociology) in ucd
    Forestry in ucd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Biomedical Science in UCC hopefully but the points keep going up and up... 535 in 2012!

Second choice is Biological and Biomedical Sciences in NUIM which is much more comfortable at 460 but Maynooth is so far from south Tipp I'd much prefer Cork.

Points from the mocks coming in at around 450 without studying, time to get into the books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Medicine in ucd
    Law and business in tcd
    Science in ucd
    Business and law in ucd
    BESS in tcd
    Commerce in ucd
    Arts (economics and sociology) in ucd
    Forestry in ucd

That is such a diverse list of courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

That is such a diverse list of courses!
    Haha yeah the forestry one is a bit of a pisstake tbh but yeah I'm pretty glad that I'd be more than happy to do any of them

wow youre all out of my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

Okay lads, has any else still got no idea what to put on as 1st choice? Or am I the only one?
    I'm a capable student, will probably achieve 550+ points. Have no idea what to do.
    Money or passion, what's more important? I'm freaking out a little bit at this stage......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Okay lads, has any else still got no idea what to put on as 1st choice? Or am I the only one?
    I'm a capable student, will probably achieve 550+ points. Have no idea what to do.
    Money or passion, what's more important? I'm freaking out a little bit at this stage......

No don't worry! Initially I had my heart set on art college until 5th year, then multimedia and computer based courses were my first and currently biomedical science is my first.

I'm curious as to know what I will end up doing. What subjects are you doing/enjoy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Passion for sure. Don't do a course just because there is a job with good pay for it in the end if you don't enjoy it. Only choose a course you will enjoy. Nothing else should influence it.

wow youre all out of my league.

That's gas everytime I come on here I feel completely inadequate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

1st choice is Computer Science in UCD
    2nd is Computer Science in Trinity
    3rd is Computer Science in DIT
    4th is Digital Media Engineering in DCU
    5th is Computing in DIT
    6th is Computing in NCI

Thinking of throwing in Arts in UCD, or accounting and finance in DCU when the change of mind rolls around.

Advertisement