Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the big mac

Options
  • 03-11-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

I regularly have a coffee in mac donalds, its capuccino, and its areally nice flavour. I usually get some hot water with it,in a cup,no problem. But i have just been in mac donalds in the blanchardstown centre, and they refuse to do the same. The sales assistant says its for health and safety reasons, but says ,she could sell me a cup of tea, and leave the tea bag on the tray. What is going on in this store?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

would you like fries with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why do you want hot water with it?
    I suppose different places with different managers impose stricter health and safety measures than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Its to stop them being sued .

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Similar to asking for a cup of boiling water to heat a baby's bottle.

Alot of places have this policy. Seems to be for fear of scalding, which they could be held responsible for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

horse7 wrote: »
    I regularly have a coffee in mac donalds, its capuccino, and its areally nice flavour. I usually get some hot water with it,in a cup,no problem. But i have just been in mac donalds in the blanchardstown centre, and they refuse to do the same. The sales assistant says its for health and safety reasons, but says ,she could sell me a cup of tea, and leave the tea bag on the tray. What is going on in this store?

The owner of this MacDonalds seems to have a bizarre fascination with Health & Safety. I was given a good talking to by him about the locking of my bike to a barrrier near the outside eating area.

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Its to stop them being sued .

Is handing out a cup of tea or coffee not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Again if he thought it was to heat something it will have the lid off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Dub XV wrote: »
    Similar to asking for a cup of boiling water to heat a baby's bottle.

Alot of places have this policy. Seems to be for fear of scalding, which they could be held responsible for?
    Well that would make sense,but for the fact the sales person would give me a hot cup of water and leave a tea bag on the side.(plus charge for the tea,which i didnt require).

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

they even don't accept discount voucher and always table is dirty over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

It is but its on the menu .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Ask for an americano...

Edit, thought you said esspresso, ask for a watery cappachino?? :/

horse7 wrote: »
    Hilly Bill wrote: »
    It is but its on the menu .

I think this is the answer.

In the town centre McDonalds they are willing to give you something that is not on the menu. In the drive thru (different owner) they are unwilling to oblige you. I'd say they staff are operating under managers orders.

My advice would be to only patronise McDonalds in the centre, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I had to take a lemsip once and asked for hot water in Burger King in the SC and they gave it no problem.

I presume you want a watered down cappaccino hence the hot water so why not ask for a larger cup and ask them to fill the remainder with hot water if they have an ambiguous policy about serving individual cups of hot water?

Why do you want hot water with it?
    I suppose different places with different managers impose stricter health and safety measures than others.
    I would have thought as a global franchise that standards were maintained in all irish stores. I usually have a chat over a coffee,and the coffee can get colder,so from time to time i add some hot water, simples.

Well ordered my usual today,and guess what,got my hot water no problem.

i ordered today and guess, no we cant give you any hot water in a sealed cup.

Advertisement