Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Tramore Beautiful.

Options
  • 03-11-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The time has come, enough is enough. This is our town, lets treat it as such. We decorate our homes, our gardens, our personal spaces but what of our public spaces, who is to decorate them in a way that will satisfy the public? why not the public.... its time to reclaim our spaces and beautify it, Make Tramore Beautiful.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-Tramore-Beautiful/504592832898954

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

While I totally agree with the spirit of your post, I think a good bit is being done. A group puts up flower baskets in the summer; many of the estates have people who do great work maintaining the public areas of their estate.

Many areas are not public, and therefore not something other people can do anything about, though off hand I can't think of too many private houses that look particularly scruffy.

The area around the coast guard station is being very well looked after and the old railway area is much improved. Even the fairground was looking better the last time I looked.

The only place that comes to mind immediately is the verges on the ring road, some of which don't ever seem to have been sorted.

So have you any specific ideas about places that could be improved. and suggestions what could be done about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Make Tramore Beautiful

This is not about suggestions from one group or one organisation that is going to beautify the town, thats for the people to decide how and where and when. there may be others keeping the town clean and tidy but astheticly beautiful well, hmmm........
    this is our town, take some ownership, do something.
    the whole town is public and in need of serious help, the drearyness of the lower main street could be helped with some public art perhaps a few random dressed barbies stuck along the terace or a wind chime hanging from a tree along a pathway. think of other places you have visited and the quirky little things that have caught your eye, replicate them, create your own.
    we are in for a long cold winter, get creating.

One person's beautiful is another person's littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Make Tramore Beautiful

let the people decide on that

I was in Market street recently and someone, with the best will in the world, had scattered a good heap of peanuts on the path, presumably to feed the birds, thus beautifying/improving the environment. Not only were the peanuts unsightly they were dangerous to birds and likely to attract vermin. But someone thought it was a good idea.

Have you put up any barbies or wind-chimes yourself yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

think it makes sense now.... is this where all the red wool scarfs on poles around the town have been coming from? and the post its? found one a few weeks ago that brightened up my day.
    'Tis great to see, someone, doing something, that isnt whinging!

Advertisement