Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to a new PC

• 03-11-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is a well worn subject, but I got a new PC, and want to start using it as my main PC. To that end, I'll start syncing my iPhone with the iTunes on this PC. I copied over my podcasts and music, etcm so they're fine. I then followed some instructions I found online which told me to authorize the new PC, backup, then restore, then sync. That all worked fine, but right at the end, as it was about to start the sync, it gave me a warning msg about wanting to erase this iphone, as a device can only be synced with 1 machine at a time.

This is a work iPhone and has a bunch of settings on it I use to get my email and stuff, so I didn't want to chance it. So I hit cancel, the sync continued, and it ran out of room (presumably because it's trying to double up on the contents again?). Ever since then, syncing always gives the 'no room' error, nothing more about erasing my iPhone.

Is there a step by step account of how to seamlessly move from one PC to another without losing anything off the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

You could always use This,I've used it in the past and it worked perfect for me.It's also straight forward from what
    I can remember.Have a browse there are many options on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

sorry to hijack this, but would that also work for me i wonder? my partner has an iphone 4, its NEVER been synced to itunes. we both use the same pc so i have set up separate user accounts and she has her own itunes account.

if i use this to copy all of her data music, contacts etc to the pc, can i then sync her phone for her? will the first time sync erase everything from her phone? bear in mind she has the phone 18 months and its NEVER been synced...it has a lot of data on it and it badly needs backing up. thanks

Advertisement