Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia Tipo 4.0.4 Internet issue

• 03-11-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for help please.

Bought this phone yesterday and have been trying to connect it to my wifi. It appears to be a well known issue with Android 4.0.4 - getting the Authentication failed problem.

I called Meteor who tryed to pin the problem on UPC :rolleyes: . Anyone any suggestions? Sony have no plans to update to 4.1 sadly :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hi all, looking for help please.

Bought this phone yesterday and have been trying to connect it to my wifi. It appears to be a well known issue with Android 4.0.4 - getting the Authentication failed problem.

I called Meteor who tryed to pin the problem on UPC :rolleyes: . Anyone any suggestions? Sony have no plans to update to 4.1 sadly :(
    Try entering the SSID and wifi key manually instead of searching for it, my GF has a tipo on 4.0.4 and there's no problem with it connecting to my netgear router.

To add it manually go to wifi and tap add network and enter the SSID exactly as it appears on the router, capitals matter, then enter the passkey and save and see does it work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

guil wrote: »
    Try entering the SSID and wifi key manually instead of searching for it, my GF has a tipo on 4.0.4 and there's no problem with it connecting to my netgear router.

To add it manually go to wifi and tap add network and enter the SSID exactly as it appears on the router, capitals matter, then enter the passkey and save and see does it work

I feel like such an idiot :o:o:o Thanks so much, just going to skulk away sheepishly now.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Hi, I have been having the same problem and have tried what you said and still cant get connected to my wifi connection. Firstly it comes up, not in range ( even though im right beside it). After about 3 mins it then comes up saved secured with WPA2. I click connect and it says connecting and after a minute of trying to connect it goes back to saved secured with wpa2 or not in range. I have rang up my network provider and they have said that the internet is working perfectly ( internet on same network as my phone ) and that it is a problem with my software and to go onto the sony xperia website(NO HELP!) or to get it sent away to be fixed.....:mad:. Was working perfectly up to this morning, have turned it on and off many times.
    can anyone please help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

have you entered the SSID exactly as it is on the router, for eg if it is Netgear on the router and you just enter netgear it won't work, is there any characters other than letters or numerals? i had trouble with an iphone because i had , in the SSID. Also try turn off the router for a minute and turn it back on

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

have you entered the SSID exactly as it is on the router, for eg if it is Netgear on the router and you just enter netgear it won't work, is there any characters other than letters or numerals? i had trouble with an iphone because i had , in the SSID. Also try turn off the router for a minute and turn it back on

Yep have tried that many times. I have also turned off the router and took out the battery and sim card ( did the same with my phone) and wont work!!...:( ........BTW I really dont want to send it off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Hi Zara,

Did you ever get your Wi-Fi issues sorted?

KK

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rocksby

zara100 wrote: »
    Yep have tried that many times. I have also turned off the router and took out the battery and sim card ( did the same with my phone) and wont work!!...:( ........BTW I really dont want to send it off!!

Any luck with this?

Advertisement