Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get my f'n ass in gear again!

Options
  • 03-11-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Was going good up as far as August and then Injury struck. Tried doing bits and pieces but every time it just came back. So, eventually I just got lazy, making excuses not to go to the gym etc. So, in order to get my fat arse back to the gym im gonna start a new log!!

Still a little bit injury prone so going to do 5 weeks of Pilates and Yoga (kindly given to me FOC by a pilates instructor friend). IN between these sessions I intend to do a bit of strength work. Was thinking a 5x5 routine, with a bit of conditioning work thrown in at the end. I was going to do the p90x program but to be honest I dont have the diligence to do work outs at home! Not at the moment anyway.

Diet has aslo gone to sh1te so thats gotta change.

Heres to starting again! Whit a bit of luck Il have a good base to attack it hard in the new year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Right so first session back tonight in revolution fitness thanks to Hanley. Was a good session didn't feel to bad after but as soon as I started walking home I felt like sh1t. Also thought I was going to fall over from wobbly leg syndrom after all the split squats we were doing!

Anyways, onwards and upwards. Not looking forward to the doms tomorrow but a nice relaxin yoga class should help....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's the Wednesday DOMS you need to watch out for!!!

Great having you down today :)

Down in rev fit last night again. DOMS after Monday nights split squats were incredible. Easily the worst I've had. Anyways soldiered on regardless. Good session

Strength was floor press 15kg dumbbells followed by ring rows.

Conditioning was db shoulder press, ring rows, bw squats, sit ups and burpees, 20 seconds as much as possible for 3 rounds. Still feeling the doms in the legs. Lookin forward to my body gettin used to the exercise again!!

Body fats and measurements done so have a target to work towards now!

Session tonight

8 rds 30 sec kb swings
    10kg dumbbell press rest pause 14/8/7 as far as I remember.

Con block was 5rds of 12db thrusters followed by 12 ring rows. Forgot to look at my time!

Felt good, tho getting this weird ear popping sensation after I go hell for leather. Like when you're up in a plane. Head wrecking! Have to get checked out

Body is starting to cope with the pressures being put on it now thank god. I was walking like a zombie all last week.

Anyways session tonight was 8 rounds 30 sec on and 30 off kb squats. Pretty gassed at the end. Follows by band assisted chin ups managed 12, 7, 4. Always been a weak point of mine so it's a basis to start from.

Con block was 3rds of 10 press ups (palms off the floor) 20 kb rows (10 each arm) and 20 Russian twists 7kg medicine ball. Managed 4 min 16secs as far as I remember. Press ups held me back on this one. Easily work on.

Gonna give it the rest of this week and then might throw in a couple of strength days as well.

First proper day of diet today. Been following it since Wednesday but had one or 2 slip ups but nothing crazy.

• Advertisement

good session today.

Strength was DB thrusters rest pause. Managed 10, 6 and 4 as far as I remember. On to ring rows. same again rest pause. managed 17, 10, 9.

Conditioning was 20kb swings followed by 20 situps x 5. Swings I had no problems with but the sit ups was my down fall. Managed to push them out anyway. Not sure of a time to be honest.

Diet still going well. Though still hard havin a cuppa with nothin to go with it!!

Friday 23rd

Worked on Squat and bench 1rms to program for a bit of strength work along side the conditioning classes. Worked up to 115kg for a squat and 80kg for bench. Bench needs a good bit of work technique wise. Interesting to see how much numbers go up in the coming weeks

Conditioning was on the minute for 8 minutes 5 ring push ups and 5 24kg kb squats, rest the remainder of the minute.

Diet has been fairly solid this week. Havent god a scales at home so cant measure any difference but might give it the two weeks anyways before I do any measurements.

Advertisement