Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4th Nov KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If that was anyone but Newcastle I reckon you would be criticizing Suarez for making the most of it.:pac:

You're onto me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

We should have put newcastle away! less than 3 points a month so far, not good enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah I thought Gerrard was particularly poor today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

To think if we had an actual striker in the positions Shelvey had to score.. If only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

is charlie adam saying we there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Morzadec wrote: »

He's been poor for 3 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Morzadec wrote: »

Some great passes though and I don't think he was that poor. After Newcastle scored his head dropped and he just seemed disinterested for a bit. Had a good second half.
    Wasn't Allen best game today.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Some great passes though and I don't think he was that poor. After Newcastle scored his head dropped and he just seemed disinterested for a bit. Had a good second half.
    Wasn't Allen best game today.

3 of the best passes of the day were from Gerrard.

Allen was way worse than him tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And he played for Depor 5 years ago?

You can piss off with the condescending attitude too, I watch football in all the leagues.

Well then youd remember him from those days like i do, as an absolutely filthy defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Shocking Newcastle performance today but delighted with the point. Liverpool should have won that game by a mile.

Referee was outstanding today, best ref i have seen in a while don't think he missed anything to be fair.

Poor challenge from Colo and will be badly missed now in the next few weeks. Will be out for a good few games. He lost the head over the Suarez goal i reckon, which is really out of character for him in a Newcastle shirt, only his second red for Newcastle.

Suarez deserved the man of the match, without him Liverpool would be relegation fodder.

Great point for Newcastle but a bad day for injuries and suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Melion wrote: »

Well then youd remember him from those days like i do, as an absolutely filthy defender.

100% agree with this. He has a reputation of being a dirty player. Coleman said in the sky studio it's a "cowards" challenge. He deserved the red and could have done serious damage had he connected properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The big difference I see in Gerrard is that he takes a touch before shooting these days, it's too easy to block his shots, he always gets blocked down these days, in his prime if the ball was rolled to him he would shoot first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Deportivo? Villareal?

There is football outside the premiership

Bad tackle today, possibly yellow on another day but to say he's filth is a stretch.

Before today he had 7 career red cards since 2000/2001. 5 of those came in his first 4 seasons as a footballer. Stevie G has the same number of reds and similar times when he got them.

Both are tough tackling, uncompromising players and yes i'm sure both put in some pure filth tackles in their younger years and both have apparently cooled their jets with age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

rarnes1 wrote: »
    3 of the best passes of the day were from Gerrard.

Allen was way worse than him tbh

Allen won more ball then the rest of the midfield put together, the balls he did give away were unfortunate.
    He was far better than anyone else in Liverpools midfield today as he has been all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Get off your high horse. It was a terrible tackle, we get it.

Sorry.

foo32-hh-thumb-320x356-48.png

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Allen won more ball then the rest of the midfield put together, the balls he did give away were unfortunate.
    He was far better than anyone else in Liverpools midfield today as he has been all season.

I thought he was quite poor today, sloppy. Has been off the boil the last few games. Overall he's been decent this season though, no argument there.

Sooner Lucas gets back the better.

Referee was outstanding today, best ref i have seen in a while don't think he missed anything to be fair.

Outstanding?
    He gave Newcastle a corner when everyone at the ground could see it clearly wasnt then straight after that he refused a corner that clearly was a corner obvsioulsy in a lame attempt to make up for his earlier mistake,outstanding as pushing it too far im afraid, he wasnt the worst ive seen this year but far from outstanding.

I thought he was quite poor today, sloppy. Has been off the boil the last few games. Overall he's been decent this season though, no argument there.

Agree with this quite a bit. Excellent player and one of our better signings in the last while but wasn't up to his usual high standards today.
    Can't wait to see him push forward a bit further when Lucas comes back.

Agreed about Lucas.
    I thought Shelvey was terrible when he came on as was Downing.
    Assiaidi should have came on instead of that lazy lazy Downing.

Agreed about Lucas.
    I thought Shelvey was terrible when he came on as was Downing.
    Assiaidi should have came on instead of that lazy lazy Downing.

I think coward describes him better. No effort what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    1352050986482.gif

Suarez extremely lucky he got out of the way there. The intent was clear, very dangerous.

You might as well support NUFC since you watch all their games! :pac:

Outstanding?
    He gave Newcastle a corner when everyone at the ground could see it clearly wasnt then straight after that he refused a corner that clearly was a corner obvsioulsy in a lame attempt to make up for his earlier mistake,outstanding as pushing it too far im afraid, he wasnt the worst ive seen this year but far from outstanding.

Fair enough he leveled out the corners but got the important decisions correct and kept the cards in his pocket until they were warranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Sterling should have saw red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Doocey wrote: »

what have you been smoking ??

Doocey wrote: »

For kicking out at Simpson? I saw that alright, yellow definite possibly a red.

He had two kicks at Simpson at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He had two kicks at Simpson at one stage.

Don't remember this.

Michael Owen on twitter and red card
    Not having that at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't of missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all.

He's still a pr*ck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Paully D wrote: »
    1352050986482.gif

Suarez extremely lucky he got out of the way there. The intent was clear, very dangerous.

The intent was clear alright. Kick racism out of football ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

what have you been smoking ??

to be fair he was very very lucky not to see red....he had a little kick out and got away with it..

all in all disappointing not to come away with 3 points...and it's very simple to know why.

There is a distinct lack of balls in the team...and im not talking about the Nike hivis...

The guys out there who would die for the team are few and far between...with Suarez really being the only one to highlight as having a smashing game today...the others back out of tackles and dropped the heads way too often...very very very disappointing...actually dispite the kick out, Sterling was very good too, along with Suso...personally think Gerrard was poor, Sahin was non existent and Allen had a poor passing game by his standards.

What about the Suarez goal...my god the man is actually a wizard. Maybe it's been highlighted already, but I actually dont agree I trouble is a proven goal scorer at all...

Suarez has 7 netted this season, and is the second highest goal scorer behind RVP. Where we're lacking is the likes of Gerrard nabbing the odd goal or brace, or Shelvey finishing the easy one he missed tonight, along with Sterling - denied by a great tackle...the problem is really leaking softish goals, while not being clinical from other positions...we have a goal scorer in the team lads...he wears number 7, its the others time to lift their bloody game.

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »

He actually said that on twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bazual wrote: »

Is he normally that slow then? Colocini that is, not Owen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The intent was clear alright. Kick racism out of football ;)

I do love the way Suarez jumps up with his right leg after colo completely misses it. Fair enough it looked bad but by god did Suarez milk it like he always does when he gets touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ignoring my severe dislike of Suarez for a few seconds, that was some goal.

If Liverpool don't get CL football this season then I wouldn't be surprised if he up and left. Despite his prickishness, he's way too good to be playing for a midtable/upper midtable team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

J. Marston wrote: »

If Liverpool don't get CL football this season then I wouldn't be surprised if he up and left. Despite his prickishness, he's way too good to be playing for a midtable/upper midtable team.

must.try.harder. :pac:

Thought he wouldn't get in the UTD team ?

anyone else smell hippo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On the red card, first time I saw it I thought definitely an awful challenge and a certain red. Now, while I think it was stupid from Coloccini, I don't think he goes to 'do' Suarez like some are claiming, there's a fair amount of time from when he jumps until he lands for him to really catch him. Although he does catch him on his heel, which can be bordering on red at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

J. Marston wrote: »

ie Suarez to join a big club

Corholio wrote: »
    On the red card, first time I saw it I thought definitely an awful challenge and a certain red. Now, while I think it was stupid from Coloccini, I don't think he goes to 'do' Suarez like some are claiming, there's a fair amount of time from when he jumps until he lands for him to really catch him. Although he does catch him on his heel, which can be bordering on red at times.

Slow motion does Coloccini a favour.

In real time it's as nasty as it suggests. He went to do him but luckily Suarez got his standing leg out of the way in time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Neutrals: Enter this Way

Salt & vinegar with the chip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leiva wrote: »

anyone else smell hippo?
    Laugh it off if you want but do you think he'll stay if you miss out on CL for the next year or two? Maybe for one year but not any more than that, regardless of his like for the club. In my opinion.

And he wouldn't get into the United team, not ahead of Rooney and RVP anyway.

fullstop wrote: »
    Salt & vinegar with the chip?

Peas and salmon please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Amazing how this thread has turned into a debate as to when Suarez will leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Amazing how this thread has turned into a debate as to when Suarez will leave!

Match threads really should be locked shortly after FT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Surely your the man to fix it Saul!

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

#blame Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

anyone else smell hippo?

At least he managed to put it in words rather than a picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Slow motion does Coloccini a favour.

In real time it's as nasty as it suggests. He went to do him but luckily Suarez got his standing leg out of the way in time

If he went to do him then Suarez would be in hospital,I'd give Collocini the benefit of the doubt & he tried to pull out,it looks worse than what it was.

If Suarez went down everytime someone went near him.......oh wait.

zerks wrote: »
    If he went to do him then Suarez would be in hospital,I'd give Collocini the benefit of the doubt & he tried to pull out,it looks worse than what it was.

If Suarez went down everytime someone went near him.......oh wait.

No he went to do him.

It was just like the Carra/Nani incident but Carra luckily got away with it :D

552267_4804537835461_318321169_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

552267_4804537835461_318321169_n.jpg

Other players opt to kiss the crest rather then kissing the utensil they use to hold toilet paper in place while wiping their arse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement