Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4th Nov KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cup of tea wrote: »
    Other players opt to kiss the crest rather then kissing the utensil they use to hold toilet paper in place while wiping their arse.

Their wrist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Other players opt to kiss the crest rather then kissing the utensil they use to hold toilet paper in place while wiping their arse.

Do you wipe your hole with your wrist and elbow?

#armslikeamonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's his **** hand,I suppose in his case self love is better than no love.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

You wrap the toilet paper around your wrist?

Does it give an advantage of some sort?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Turtyturd wrote: »

At least he managed to put it in words rather than a picture.

On my phone, it's awkward posting pics and gifs. Damn shame too because a pic of the league table would be good for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's no argument to be had about the red. Yea Suarez rolled around like he was on fire but the ball was about 8 ft behind Coloccini when his studs were at knee height to Suarez.
    Correct decision all day long.

The hatred is strong in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

cambo2008 wrote: »
    There's no argument to be had about the red. Yea Suarez rolled around like he was on fire but the ball was about 8 ft behind Coloccini when his studs were at knee height to Suarez.
    Correct decision all day long.

You can be sent off for intent even if no contact is made.Doubt Newcastle will bother appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Leiva wrote: »

#armslikeamonkey
    #blame Suarez

#BoardsIsNotTwitter

zerks wrote: »
    You can be sent off for intent even if no contact is made.Doubt Newcastle will bother appealing.

What's their next few games like cause they are severely weakened for the next couple in anyways.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    #BoardsIsNotTwitter

Poster not mod.

#runalong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Pardew has already said there will be no appeal and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Some are just determined to bitch about Suarez.

He's not perfect but he gives 100%.

He's not perfect but Liverpool could do with a few more showing his effort and committment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

amiable wrote: »
    Some are just determined to bitch about Suarez.

He's not perfect but he gives 100%.

He's not perfect but Liverpool could do with a few more showing his effort and committment.

id swap for torres any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

id swap for torres any day of the week

torres at present no, torres at his pomp yes

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

skydish79 wrote: »

He is talking from a Chelsea perspective so it would be the other way around to what you are saying.

Torres has scored 11 league goals from 56 since he left Liverpool.

Not a hope I'd swap Suarez for him, not a chance.

Would like to see them play together however. Saying that I'd take Huntalaar over him tbh.

EDIT, I see this is from a Chelsea perspective now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

skydish79 wrote: »

IMO, he is long finished as a top player, his stint at Chelsea has totally removed his confidence, his reputation and his self belief

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

IMO, he is long finished as a top player, his stint at Chelsea has totally removed his confidence, his reputation and his self belief

We will give you Enrique and Downing for Torres.

• Advertisement

Slow motion does Coloccini a favour.

In real time it's as nasty as it suggests. He went to do him but luckily Suarez got his standing leg out of the way in time

Which one are you calling his standing leg?

Yakult wrote: »
    We will give you Enrique and Downing for Torres + £35m

fyp

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Torres has scored 11 league goals from 56 since he left Liverpool.

Not a hope I'd swap Suarez for him, not a chance.

Would like to see them play together however. Saying that I'd take Huntalaar over him tbh.

EDIT, I see this is from a Chelsea perspective now.

In his time at Liverpool his first 56 appearances gave him a goal total of 39 'vs' the 11 for Chelsea over the same amount of games.

He was never going to hit them figures again, even with the better players around him at Chelsea,but I don't think anyone imagined it would be so dismal.

The guy can still score but it's a combination of the wrong move, wrong system and probably still a bit in love with LFC that has contributed to his demise.

I wouldn't mind having him back at Liverpool to see if we could spark something in him again, but at this stage its a risk that is way to pricey in our current state.

I hope for the fella he gets out of the PL and maybe back to Spain asap as it like looking at an ex in a bad place.:P

Which one are you calling his standing leg?

It's not rocket science.

The one that was planted at the time of contact which thankfully didn't take the full blow (that high) from the tackle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yakult wrote: »
    We will give you Enrique and Downing for Torres.

Its nearly Christmas well even throw in the London Messi!

It's not rocket science.

The one that was planted at the time of contact which thankfully didn't take the full blow (that high) from the tackle.

You mean his left leg? Didn't exactly "get it out of the way", it was still moving toward Coloccini. Or his right leg which he didn't "get out of the way", Coloccini just missed it.

• Advertisement

You mean his left leg? Didn't exactly "get it out of the way", it was still moving toward Coloccini. Or his right leg which he didn't "get out of the way", Coloccini just missed it.

1352050986482.gif
    Wish I had this in real time

His right leg which Suarez spun and he missed.

Look if Coloccini had made the contact at the height he intended then it would have been nasty.

And as for intentional or not;look where the ball is when he eventually makes the contact.

1352050986482.gif
    Wish I had this in real time

His right leg which Suarez spun and he missed.

Look if Coloccini had made the contact at the height he intended then it would have been nasty.

And as for intentional or not;look where the ball is when he eventually makes the contact.

From when Coloccini takes off Suarez's right leg moves towards where Coloccini ends up going through. If he was trying to do him he would've missed in front, not behind. To me it looks more like an attempt to intimidate Suarez, I find it very hard to believe he could be that bad at trying to do someone. Still a red all day though.

From when Coloccini takes off Suarez's right leg moves towards where Coloccini ends up going through. If he was trying to do him he would've missed in front, not behind. To me it looks more like an attempt to intimidate Suarez, I find it very hard to believe he could be that bad at trying to do someone. Still a red all day though.

We both agree it's a red.

We will agree to disagree if it was intentional or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I cant believe people are disputing the red. Its a clear red card

I cant believe people are disputing the red. Its a clear red card

In fairness he is not - if that's what you mean.

It's about if he knew and intentionally went to do Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It was his 3rd or 4th attempt at hacking down Suarez after being embarrassed earlier in the game. He was trying to "do" him, it's blatantly obvious. Anyone disputing that is obviously a bit simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1352050986482.gif

Coloccini puts leg up, Trying to block ball maybe, But when that does not happen he pushes that same leg strongly and intentionally towards Suarez,
    Why? Intent,
    RED

Great ref & lines man today

Melion wrote: »
    It was his 3rd or 4th attempt at hacking down Suarez after being embarrassed earlier in the game. He was trying to "do" him, it's blatantly obvious. Anyone disputing that is obviously a bit simple.

If it was the other way around and Suarez made that tackle there'd be freaks probably wanting him banned from the game.

So true.

Did you see the hack from behind in the box when Suarez layed off the ball to Sterling only for his shot to be smothered?

I will try and dig it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

1352050986482.gif

Coloccini puts leg up, Trying to block ball maybe, But when that does not happen he pushes that same leg strongly and intentionally towards Suarez,
    Why? Intent,
    RED

Great ref & lines man today

I enjoyed the replay of the linesman saying 'red red its a red red'

Intention =

1352051200860.gif

El Spearo wrote: »

Had he a stutter? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

El Spearo wrote: »

I though for a minute he was on fone to the wife ,who was asking him which wine he would like with dinner tonight,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Show me those multiple 'attempts' from Coloccini to 'hack down' Suarez.

Also, if you can show me Colo being 'embarrassed' by Luis throughout the game, that'd be great.

A long punt forward, controlled brilliantly by the Uruguayan and finished superbly - Coloccini gave him fuck all besides that.

Red tinted goggles if ever...

Doocey wrote: »

Also, if you can show me Colo being 'embarrassed' by Luis throughout the game, that'd be great.

A long punt forward, controlled brilliantly by the Uruguayan and finished superbly - Coloccini gave him fuck all besides that.

Almost certain it was Coloccini he turned inside out for setting up the Shelvey chance...less said about what followed that the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

He also got by him easily enough at the end line when he pulled it back for Shelvey.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Almost certain it was Coloccini he turned insose outfor setting up the Shelvey chance...less said about what followed that the better.

It was. Went past him a few other times as well.

5starpool wrote: »

Wasn't it Coloccini who kneed him from behind in the first half too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

5starpool wrote: »
    MaxPower89 wrote: »
    He also got by him easily enough at the end line when he pulled it back for Shelvey.

So this is what you lot would called embarrassed?

If we're going to talk about going by opponents multiple times then Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Santon all embarrassed their markers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Outstanding game.

A goal from Suarez that I couldn't stop applauding.

Now that the dust has settled though...13 points off the top at the start of November, 6 points off fourth already.

It is so disappointing.

We have to take Carroll back at Xmas - this is a ridiculous situation to be in. A Suarez injury or burn out hasn't even occurred yet - god help us when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

They just showed iton motd mate, and said he (colo) embarrassed by Suarez ALL DAY....

P.S. Is Lawros smig in honour of Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Collocini could have got 2 red cards in that game for tackles on Suarez the first came after Suarez had given away a free kick and Collocini came in late and creased him.

He also ran at him and only and slotted in a good ball to Sterling only for Taylor to come across and save him.

after he get's sent of Pardew asks him "What's that for" he replies "I've had a shocker gaffer"

Sometimes we do wear the red tinted glasses but today wasn't one of those days he got destroyed by Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yurt wrote: »

Collocini could have got 2 red cards in that game for tackles on Suarez the first came after Suarez had given away a free kick and Collocini came in late and creased him.

He also ran at him and only and slotted in a good ball to Sterling only for Taylor to come across and save him.

after he get's sent of Pardew asks him "What's that for" he replies "I've had a shocker gaffer"

Sometimes we do wear the red tinted glasses but today wasn't one of those days he got destroyed by Suarez.
    Every tackle isn't a red card.
    Bit ott there...(like Coloccini, boom boom)

Where did the quotes come from btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Where did the quotes come from btw?

Mark Lawrenson on MotD :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

http://www.footylounge.com/films//mostarlfc/luis-suarez-vs-newcastle-video_6345ff59f.html

He was raped today by Suarez and ya the quotes came from Mark Lawrenson but you don't have to be a lip reading expert to make it out yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement