Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4th Nov KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fcuk off! It's so frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If you don't score goals.... the other team eventually will. That's Being Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That was coming.

Enrique is terrible, get him off

Plan B Brendan. Oh wait

Are you trying to say he doesnt have a plan b?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I hate Pardews celebrations

Ya what the hell is that? Notebook in the air walking around in a circle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Shevely on for Gerrard please, chance of Rodgers having the stones to make that decision are very slim though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

People saying Liverpool unlucky no chance they are being let have the ball because they won't hurt you. The really are toothless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Allen looks tired to me tbh, throw on hendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Gerrard off , anybody else on . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

if dominating a game involves passing the ball around when another side is allowing you possession (safe in the knowledge you cannot hurt them), then I guess we dominated that first half.

As I said many times, theres a difference between dominating possession and the opposition simply letting you have it safe in the knowledge you cannot create anything meaningful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ya what the hell is that? Notebook in the air walking around in a circle?

He does that sort of thing a lot. I can understand if its some set play he masterminded in training during the week but otherwise it just looks a bit daft. Meh

People saying Liverpool unlucky no chance they are being let have the ball because they won't hurt you. The really are toothless

Exactly.

Teams can let us have all the possession as we don't do anything with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Suso doesnt contribute enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    My stream must be behind, it's still 0-0

Do you know, when that happens to me, part of me always holds out some hope that the goal somehow won't come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Gerrard is exhausted.

Enrique is a liability.

Wisdom is a beast.

Pisshorn football MKII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The goal has Liverpool rattled. I'd say they're glad of that whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

naughtb4 wrote: »

Thought he's been good and has been tracking back. Most of the play going down the left though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Leiva wrote: »
    Wisdom is a beast.

...who can't take a throw in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

DDC1990 wrote: »

Absolutly dominant for 42 minutes.

Absolutely dominant? What game were you watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Oooo Ba and Cisse and Ben Arfa and Cabaye and Guttierez.

Well I know who I'm blaming on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Gerrard and Sahin are liabilities for me. Neither of them look at all bothered with the defensive side and just seem to wander around aimlessly a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Same crap different day sums it up. Looked comfortable at the back and concede to a brilliant strike.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Allen has been poor today. Passing is completely off. Suso and Sterling not doing enough really. Onus is on Suarez repeatedly to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Melion wrote: »
    Neutrals: Enter this Way

sup bro

Neutrals: Enter this Way
    Lol. Do you not get tired of saying this or words to similar effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,050 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think if Suso played in the position where Gerrard should be, he'd look a different player.

Out wide his influence is curtailed quite a bit, through the centre I think he'd create a lot more, and allow Suarez to stay further forward instead of constantly having to come deep into the gulf of space (which Gerrard should be occupying) to get the ball.

Sterling and Asssaidi in support of Suarez then. More balance to the team then imo.

We should know by now that Gerrard can't play a part in 2 games in a week anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

el dude wrote: »
    Gerrard and Sahin are liabilities for me. Neither of them look at all bothered with the defensive side and just seem to wander around aimlessly a lot of the time.

i agree with this. and sadly Shelvey is of the same mould

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thought he's been good and has been tracking back. Most of the play going down the left though

hes tidy no doubt but isnt dynamic for me to play that position at least not in this team

We are so predictable it's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Don't see where the goals are going to come from.

Horrible feeling to go one down and almost have a feeling of 'well that's it.'

Possibility of a draw but a win's looking like a distant prospect now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Didn't even realise sahin was playing non existent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Too deep after the first ten minutes and our play deteriorated. We had suffocated them from the start and we have to come out and do that again.

Shelvey and Assaidi to come on before long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So when is Rodgers going to realise Gerrard isn't a central midfield player? You'd of thougth someone looking to emulate Barca and play a passing game would realise pretty quickly that you can't do that with Gerrard in the middle of the pitch.

So when is Rodgers going to realise Gerrard isn't a central midfield player? You'd of thougth someone looking to emulate Barca and play a passing game would realise pretty quickly that you can't do that with Gerrard in the middle of the pitch.

Gerrard, Allen and Sahin all having stinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

hes tidy no doubt but isnt dynamic for me to play that position at least not in this team
    He's gotten the ball and run at defenders 2 or 3 times already and he showed in the League Cup game against WBA that he can get defenders back peddaling when running through the centre. Anything is better than the current options anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jonjo on please.

Very surprised by how Sahin has failed to settle down properly by now.
    Suso needs to be hauled off at the break.
    That goal just gets better each time I see it, what a touch and finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrard will not be taken off, its his birthday and we'll cry if he makes us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

this is a real problem, Lost count of how often Gerrard has stood up and watched Newcastle counter when we've lost the ball.

Sahin seems to be trading off his Dortmund form so far, we presuming he'll improve and he needs to fast.

Gerrard needs to be played in a specific role. Get the impression Rodgers is pandering to him playing him wherever Gerrard wants. Gerrard was never that smart to warrant such a role. He needs to be told where to play specifically. Either as a defensive shield, or attacking support. One or the other, because he cannot be stuck between 2 stools.

The wingers are not smart enough yet (due to inexperience) as to when to join the striker, so Suarez is looking very isolated.

They were just talking about it there, but seriously - what is up with us not getting players into the box?! It's so simple like, it gives us a chance of something.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Lol. Do you not get tired of saying this or words to similar effect?

Ill try have a gif ready for 2 weeks times because a Liverpool - Chelsea match thread is just best avoided.

Hopefully the Huntalaar chat is true.

Any chance of Rodgers mixing up the formations a bit and suprising the opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Unfortunatly Gerrard has been the liability today.

I don't agree with some who put Sahin in the same boat.

Todays the first game I have been really impressed with Sahin.

Almost all of Liverpools attacks have gone through him, in the most forward of the Midfield 3 positions.

Think the front 3 look really dangerous in build up play, but we've never looked like scoring.

Could be a long afternoon.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's ok lads, don't worry. Stewart Downing will come to the rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They were just talking about it there, but seriously - what is up with us not getting players into the box?! It's so simple like, it gives us a chance of something.

It's been a problem for as long as I can remember. Decade or more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Gerrard off, Suso in his role and Henderson playing along side Sahin would seem to be the best option for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm watching Dutch HT analysis, I don't understand a word but they are not impressed.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    my old man is at it today, a good omen hes been to 32 games (28 wins and 4 draws), he has chosen well

c'mon redmen

Please tell me he didn't miss his flight...

I kind of get the impression Gerrard laying curtails Sahin as well a bit. The games Sahin has played for us without Gerrard have been much more dominant.

Ill try have a gif ready for 2 weeks times because a Liverpool - Chelsea match thread is just best avoided.
    You will have my full support that day. Thinking of picking up a few plastic flags for it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I really wish Johnson was playing, out of position, on the left as Muscleman is dire.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement