Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

unkymo wrote: »
    Had to sort my defence out this week;

Gibbs and Richards out,
    Sagna and Evans in.
    Crazy move getting an Arsenal defender in at the moment. They have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 7 games and that was against bottom of the table QPR.

Evans mite not work out too bad. I know Man Utd have only kept 2 clean sheets all season but their upcoming fixtures and return of injured defenders will probably see an improvement at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

jebforever wrote: »
    I'm going to use the funds to make a few changes too, namely getting a decent third striker and a solid midfielder.

any good idea for the third striker and a midfielder?
    i'm using fletcher, rvp, and lambert right now.
    thinking about using both rooney and rvp would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Crazy move getting an Arsenal defender in at the moment. They have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 7 games and that was against bottom of the table QPR.

Evans mite not work out too bad. I know Man Utd have only kept 2 clean sheets all season but their upcoming fixtures and return of injured defenders will probably see an improvement at the back.

4 of Arsenals next 6 games are at home.
    3 of them are against Fulham,Swansea, West Brom and they have Villa away.
    Two tough games are Spurs at home and Everton away.

I think they can pick up a few clean sheets over the next few weeks.

unkymo wrote: »
    4 of Arsenals next 6 games are at home.
    3 of them are against Fulham,Swansea, West Brom and they have Villa away.
    Two tough games are Spurs at home and Everton away.

I think they can pick up a few clean sheets over the next few weeks.
    Did you see their defending today? Andre Santos playing at full back is asking for trouble.

Fulham, Swansea and West Brom have forwards that are well able to score goals.

I just think their are better options around 4.5 that have as much of a chance if not better of keeping a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

NN215 wrote: »

Ideally I'd have RVP, Tevez and Ba as my strikers. There's not many standouts, Suarez is another option but his price is too much I think. I'm considering James Morrison as well.

Could you really afford Rooney and van Persie? I think you'd be best off sticking with just van Persie from United, if you have both of them your other options will be limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Did you see their defending today? Andre Santos playing at full back is asking for trouble.

Fulham, Swansea and West Brom have forwards that are well able to score goals.

I just think their are better options around 4.5 that have as much of a chance if not better of keeping a clean sheet.

I know I'm taking a bit of a gamble but just like Man Utd they have some decent fixtures coming up over the next few weeks.

I also have Demel, Clark and Nelsen as my other 3 defenders.

Rooney and RVP together would be United overkill. For Rooneys price you would want him playing as the striker not off the striker where he is playing now. He is involed in midfield alot more in this position too and this has seen him pick up yellow cards in his last 2 games, his first time in quite a number of games to get a yellow as he only got one the whole of last season and i think that was early in the season.

What i am saying is that he is less of a goal threat in this position and with him being involved in midfield more he will be picking up bookings and loosing points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Newcastle, Stoke and United all have, by far, the best fixtures. Newcastle and United's attacks must be invested in and Stoke's defense must be taken advantage of with such cheap options available. I can take a point hit for:

Williams -> Wilkinson
    Fletcher -> Ba

Leaving me with nothing in the bank, 2 stoke defenders and Newcastles main attacking threat. I already have RVP and Valencia and will probably get Rafael in for Baines in the coming weeks. Basically, I think all of the points in this game are in United, Ba and Stoke's defense in the coming weeks with a little bit of Chelsea and Tevez thrown in. But I have Mata and Tevez so that's ok. :cool: I think I'll give Baines 3 more weeks before off-loading him though. I'll wait until price rises force me into a transfer, as always, just in case a repeat of this week happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

People I need to get rid of:
    Naughton (not playing)
    Kacanaklic (not playing that much, and not performing when he does)

Could do with getting rid of:
    Fletcher (not performing)
    Clark (tough run coming up)

Although I really want to swap out Pienaar for Fellaini, I think I have to get rid of Naughton. I'll probably get a W Ham defender in for Naughton and pocket a few pounds. Hopefully that will leave me with enough leftover to swap Pienarr for Fellaini next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'm looking at Bale and Berbatov out, Van Pirsie and Gutierrez in tonight.
    Bale hasn't got the best upcoming matches and I need VP back after getting rid a few weeks ago. Gutierrez is the one thing I'm unsure of with this transfer though. Newcastle do have a nice run coming up but I know nothing about him apart from his one bonus point, third best form of Newcastle mids and the fact he plays nearly all the time.

Anyone think he'd be a risk?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm looking at Bale and Berbatov out, Van Pirsie and Gutierrez in tonight.
    Bale hasn't got the best upcoming matches and I need VP back after getting rid a few weeks ago. Gutierrez is the one thing I'm unsure of with this transfer though. Newcastle do have a nice run coming up but I know nothing about him apart from his one bonus point, third best form of Newcastle mids and the fact he plays nearly all the time.

Anyone think he'd be a risk?
    I know Newcastle have nice fixtures coming up but i think you could do better than Gutierrez.

Kightly, Maloney and Sterling would be better options for the same kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

why has fellaini got -10,000 net transfers for today? was he injured or were they from people who transferred him out early today before the 11:30 deadline?

i had just transferred him in a few minutes ago and then checked fiso there now and seen he had been sold by a lot of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I know Newcastle have nice fixtures coming up but i think you could do better than Gutierrez.

Kightly, Maloney and Sterling would be better options for the same kind of money.

Have Sterling already, also Cameron and Begovic so don't want to triple down on Stoke. Maloney is someone I was thinking of but he has West Brom and Anfield Liverpool next. Much as I enjoy Liverpool being rubbish, I don't think they'll do well there and West Brom are doing well also.

I have 5.6mill to spend and Gutierrez does just fit that bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm .1 away from being able to switch Ba for Tevez. I'd love to do it but I really need to focus on other areas of my team first I think.

People I need to get rid of:
    Naughton (not playing)
    Kacanaklic (not playing that much, and not performing when he does)

Could do with getting rid of:
    Fletcher (not performing)
    Clark (tough run coming up)

Although I really want to swap out Pienaar for Fellaini, I think I have to get rid of Naughton. I'll probably get a W Ham defender in for Naughton and pocket a few pounds. Hopefully that will leave me with enough leftover to swap Pienarr for Fellaini next week.

Just got rid of Naughton for Cameron. Naughton to drop tonight, and Cameron to go up tonight or tomorrow. So saves me .2 straight away. Fellaini will have to wait til next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hogey007 wrote: »
    why has fellaini got -10,000 net transfers for today? was he injured or were they from people who transferred him out early today before the 11:30 deadline?

i had just transferred him in a few minutes ago and then checked fiso there now and seen he had been sold by a lot of people

Dont worry about it. Everytime a player goes up he starts at around -30,000 the next day. That means over 20,000 transferred him in yesterday alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Thinking of getting rid of Fletcher this week have .5 in the bank any advice on who to get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 omar1987

Long time lurker here, would like some views on walters >>> Fellani for a 4 point hit. If Fellani goes above 7.1m I can't do it so should I take the hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just got rid of Naughton for Cameron. Naughton to drop tonight, and Cameron to go up tonight or tomorrow. So saves me .2 straight away. Fellaini will have to wait til next week.

I'm the same. Hoping Fellaini doesn't score next week. Brought in Cameron for injured Demel. Doubling up on Stoke GK/DF at home to QPR.

Stoke have only conceded 1 goal at home all season (against City), and have the best run of fixtures of any club (including 3 nice home games in their next 4)

QPR have drawn 1 and lost the rest away from home this season.

roryc wrote: »
    I'm the same. Hoping Fellaini doesn't score next week. Brought in Cameron for injured Demel. Doubling up on Stoke GK/DF at home to QPR.

Stoke have only conceded 1 goal at home all season (against City), and have the best run of fixtures of any club (including 3 nice home games in their next 4)

QPR have drawn 1 and lost the rest away from home this season.

I considered getting a W Ham defebder as I already have Begovic, but I doubled up too, as W Ham have nasty fixtures. I have Foster, and other defensve options so if stoke have a tough away game, I can bench one or both of my Stoke players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

should i sell mata or just stick with him ?
    or sell hazard for fellaini ? and then upgrade my defend

think it's madness having both Mata and Hazzard.Sell one and keep the other IMO.Another thing is you don't really want to sell Hazzard and keep Mata at the moment cos Matas return date /is not certain.So you could potentially be left with no chelsea mid cover so it's a catch 22. I'm unsure on Fellaini for the time being, big bandwaggon movement to get him in.

cup of tea wrote: »
    think it's madness having both Mata and Hazzard.Sell one and keep the other IMO.Another thing is you don't really want to sell Hazzard and keep Mata at the moment cos Matas return date /is not certain.So you could potentially be left with no chelsea mid cover so it's a catch 22. I'm unsure on Fellaini for the time being, big bandwaggon movement to get him in.

Why? Theyre the top scoring midfielders. Doesnt mater who they play for as long as they bring in points. I think its madness not having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

I have 2 transfers this week. Want to get Fellaini in now but wait til after CL to do my second. Can I do this? I normally just do them both at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Wilson to J. Evens? Already have stoke cover. Have 2.3M in the bank. So 6.7M to spend.

Defence is:
    Begovic/Jaas
    Gallas/Shawcross/Cuellar/Reid/Wilson.

My midfield and attack is alright for the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I have 2 transfers this week. Want to get Fellaini in now but wait til after CL to do my second. Can I do this? I normally just do them both at the same time.

Yes

Yes, you can do each transfer any time you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rooney + Maloney + Lallana

or

Tevez + Valencia + Noble?

Just was looking there that apart from his wonder goal out of nowhere last week Tevez hasn't been scoring much for City. Is this going to continue or do people expect him to start firing again?

This is my team and I'm thinking Lennon, Ben Arfa, and Fletcher out which will leave me £23 to play with. Suggestions welcome.

227141.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Morzadec wrote: »

or

Just was looking there that apart from his wonder goal out of nowhere last week Tevez hasn't been scoring much for City. Is this going to continue or do people expect him to start firing again?

This is my team and I'm thinking Lennon, Ben Arfa, and Fletcher out which will leave me £23 to play with. Suggestions welcome.

227141.PNG

Tevez, Valencia and Noble looks better but that's just my opinion.

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Tevez, Valencia and Noble looks better but that's just my opinion.

I'd agree. Valencia and Tevez combined offer more of a threat than Rooney and give you some City cover. Youd have a pretty nice team with a good balance after that swap.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »

or

227141.PNG

I'd keep Ben arfa. Did well today and has good fixtures. Can you get Maloney + Tevez for Lennon + Fletcher? Wouldn't cost you 4 points either.

Advertisement