Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

Any news on Mata? I'm not making my transfers until I know the extent of his injury, if hes going to be out much longer he'll have to go for Fellani. I know im missing out on his price rises but I've been stung before so am not doing hurrying transfers in order to take advantage of price rises.

Not sure whether to take Fletcher out. Hes been brutal lately and im considering transfering him to Berbatov, but Fletch has better fixtures coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wigan mid?

Maloney? I've given him a thought... though I was pondering over Routledge too. I also like the way Pablo Hernandez has been playing since I've been following him at Valencia(LaLiga) for a while but I can't get him in 'cause he's at 6.1Million!

So, Maloney or Routledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

keane2097 wrote: »
    This is faulty thinking. You want the highest scoring players for the season, weekly variance is irrelevant. Anyone who had Mata and Hazard all along has more points than someone who had one of them and a player with less points regardless of whether or not Chelsea had a bad performance one particular gameweek.

Fair enough but over the course of the season I'd be fairly confident both of them won't be the top two, chelsea's explosive start to the season skewes the the table a small bit, at the moment they arn't as free scoring as they were at the start of the season. Not to mention the two of them are expensive, would make it easier to have both in the squad if one of them was around the 8mil mark(which was never going to happen).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Maloney? I've given him a thought... though I was pondering over Routledge too. I also like the way Pablo Hernandez has been playing since I've been following him at Valencia(LaLiga) for a while but I can't get him in 'cause he's at 6.1Million!

So, Maloney or Routledge?

Moloney for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

cup of tea wrote: »
    Fair enough but over the course of the season I'd be fairly confident both of them won't be the top two, chelsea's explosive start to the season skewes the the table a small bit, at the moment they arn't as free scoring as they were at the start of the season. Not to mention the two of them are expensive, would make it easier to have both in the squad if one of them was around the 8mil mark(which was never going to happen).

That's all well and good, but the point of not wanting to have two players from the same team is an entirely different and less sensible idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

dahat wrote: »
    Do you not think Hazard is going off the boil?His contribution seems to be dying off a bit to me?

a bit. but he still have some assist in the last couple of weeks.
    if he's not doing that in the next few fixtures,
    he's gone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

looks like Fellaini will gain his 0.3m max fairly quick. not getting him in though. have a feeling he won't score and will pick up a yellow v S'land. considering Fletch->Lambert and possibly Mignolet/Jussi->De Gea. 2 freebies to play with will decide nearer to the weekend what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but the point of not wanting to have two players from the same team is an entirely different and less sensible idea.

I agree with Keane2097. Lots of people here refuse to have 2 attacking or 2 defensive players from the same team to their detriment.
    Another issue is refusing to play two players from opposing teams any given weekend. Just because you dont select them doesnt mean their physical EPL team manager wont. You could be missing out on valuable points purely because you dont want to field two players against each other despite having zero control over what happens in reality.
    Always try and field the best 11 form players you can irrespective of who they play for or are playing against and you will do well in all of your leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Right i took a 4 point hit bringing bloody Tevez in last week which turned out to be an epic fail... and im now contemplating yet another points hit this week to transfer Bale and Fletcher out for Fellaini and Suarez.

Q. Am i mental taking a points hit again??

current team:

Begovic, Jussi

Clyne, McAuley, Baines, McCartney, Rafael

Bale, Mata, Michu, Nolan, Kacaniklic

Tevez, Fletcher, RVP

Im fully aware i need to get rid of Kacanaklic and Clyne for better players but those transfers pain me and ill get around to them when i dont see a need for anything better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Right i took a 4 point hit bringing bloody Tevez in last week which turned out to be an epic fail... and im now contemplating yet another points hit this week to transfer Bale and Fletcher out for Fellaini and Suarez.

current team:

Begovic, Jussi

Tevez, Fletcher, RVP

Im fully aware i need to get rid of Kacanaklic and Clyne for better players but those transfers pain me and ill get around to them when i dont see a need for anything better!

You should probably wait on news of Mata before doing anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

current team:

Begovic, Jussi

Tevez, Fletcher, RVP

Both on 4 yellows. Suspensions waiting to happen.

Both on 4 yellows. Suspensions waiting to happen.

I didnt know that, cheers!! Will hold off so! As the previous poster said better wait and see whats happening with Mata first! Maybe ill look at one of those miserable transfers this week after all:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I didnt know that, cheers!! Will hold off so! As the previous poster said better wait and see whats happening with Mata first! Maybe ill look at one of those miserable transfers this week after all:rolleyes:

You are like Captain Kneejerk! Points hits should be taken on very rare circumstances. I think the last time I took one was in February/March because I was struggling to field 11 players.

People who do it regularly will not do well in this game...

Settle down... last week was the first one i've taken this season? i haven't done anything yet! and after that bit of info its highly unlikely ill be doing it now this week!

Settle down... last week was the first one i've taken this season? i haven't done anything yet! and after that bit of info its highly unlikely ill be doing it now this week!

You're contemplating taking a points hit to bring in Fellaini and Suarez (both historically unreliable), for Bale (generally reliable) and Fletcher (better record but agreeably worth getting rid of).

A bad move if you had 2 FT's imo. Criminal to take a points hit to do it...

roryc wrote: »
    You're contemplating taking a points hit to bring in Fellaini and Suarez (both historically unreliable), for Bale (generally reliable) and Fletcher (better record but agreeably worth getting rid of).

A bad move if you had 2 FT's imo. Criminal to take a points hit to do it...

Thats a bit more constructive, thanks!

Bale has been a complete headfuck for me over the last few seasons! any time i bring him in he generally does sweet fuck all! definitely want to get Fletcher out i was originally planning on bringing Ba back in for him but after he got taken off so early im not sure what the story is there. I agree Suarez is unreliable and thats coming from a Pool fan but hes our main man up front at the moment and is the only one scoring goals for us and i cant see us not scoring anymore goals for the rest of the season..

true, it may be a case of if he fires 20 shots in the general direction of the net, law of averages would suggest one will eventually go in:rolleyes: but a goal is a goal at the end of the day! Although his goal yesterday was pure class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Bale has been a complete headfuck for me over the last few seasons! any time i bring him in he generally does sweet fuck all!

Keep him all season, i did last season, you have to accept all the 2's for the 16's and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Keep him all season, i did last season, you have to accept all the 2's for the 16's and the like.

The problem is that when you have Bale you're tempted to captain him and when you do he stands on the side of the pitch for 90 minutes picking daisies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

TqZWZ.jpg

Should I use my 1 FT this week? Nothing in the bank. If so who for who? And what should be my starting team? I'm stuck this GW, quite torn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Shane732 wrote: »
    The problem is that when you have Bale you're tempted to captain him and when you do he stands on the side of the pitch for 90 minutes picking daisies!!

True, i'd only ever captain him if i was really stuck for a captain. When you have RVP or another top midfielder like (e.g. Mata) there is rarely a need.

The other option is to captain him every week. Trying to pick which week he ll perform is too frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Thats a bit more constructive, thanks!

Bale has been a complete headfuck for me over the last few seasons! any time i bring him in he generally does sweet fuck all! definitely want to get Fletcher out i was originally planning on bringing Ba back in for him but after he got taken off so early im not sure what the story is there. I agree Suarez is unreliable and thats coming from a Pool fan but hes our main man up front at the moment and is the only one scoring goals for us and i cant see us not scoring anymore goals for the rest of the season..

true, it may be a case of if he fires 20 shots in the general direction of the net, law of averages would suggest one will eventually go in:rolleyes: but a goal is a goal at the end of the day! Although his goal yesterday was pure class!

I'd keep Bale as well. Few friends of mine are like yourself, he destroys them by doing sweet fa when they bring him in and then cleaning up other weeks. He's a feast or famine man, either a 2 or into double digits.
    Over the course of the season he is worth the hair-pulling-out.

Fletcher on the other hand has dried up big time whilst Suarez is on a hot streak. If other Liverpool players weren't so goal shy then Suarez would be a definite as he creates so much. Just no-one else there to finish his passes and rack up points for an assist.

Also worth bearing in mind that Suarez is on 4 yellow's. Realistically he's going to pick up the fifth sooner rather than later and miss a game. If you bring him in now, he picks up the yellow away to Chelsea, then he misses a home game to Wigan I think.

Thinking of swapping Michu out fro Fellani in myself.
    Swansea's next 3 are Southampton (a) Newcastle (a) and Liverpool (h).

Evertons next 3 are Sunderland (h), Reading (a) and Norwich (h).

I've had a front seat on the Michu Bandwagon from day 1 so I'd like to keep him. I'd get £6.9 for him now but he'd cost 7.3 to bring back in.

Decisions decisions

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Thinking of swapping Michu out fro Fellani in myself.
    Swansea's next 3 are Southampton (a) Newcastle (a) and Liverpool (h).

Evertons next 3 are Sunderland (h), Reading (a) and Norwich (h).

I've had a front seat on the Michu Bandwagon from day 1 so I'd like to keep him. I'd get £6.9 for him now but he'd cost 7.3 to bring back in.

Decisions decisions

I'd wait until after Southampton. Swansea will score, and Michu has a good chance of being involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you can possibly hold off on shipping Michu I would.

Fellaini has a few great fixtures, but Michu could easily score against the worst defensive team in the league, and Fellaini could easily not score in his tougher game and get booked.

if it was anyone but Michu this week, i'd say maybe take the risk.

next time would be a better week to consider cashing in on him.

roryc wrote: »
    I'd wait until after Southampton. Swansea will score, and Michu has a good chance of being involved.

Ya I don't see Southampton keeping a clean sheet.
    My earlier musings are out the window anyhow as Colochini has forced my hand.

Only brought the f*cker in last week as Newcastle have West ham & swansea at home in their next 2. He'll miss those & 1 more after Sunday's sending off. Serious waste of a transfer there.

He's out & Shawcross in. Stoke have QPR (H), West Ham (A) & Fulham (H) as the next 3

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

BroLo wrote: »
    TqZWZ.jpg

Should I use my 1 FT this week? Nothing in the bank. If so who for who? And what should be my starting team? I'm stuck this GW, quite torn.

I would consider Morrison, if I understood correctly there were some sort of issue between Morrison and Clarke. Not some sort of small knock as they told to media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm holding my transfer this week. Had a poor week last week but a bit of patience on my part could see me do better IMO.

Fletcher is on his last legs and will be next to go though. I can't understand why Sunderland aren't socring more when they've players like Sess (although he's playing poorly), McClean, Larsson and Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Just wondering if anyone could critic my team ahead of gameweek 11, i have one transfer, my wildcard and 1.9 mil in the bank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fletcher is on his last legs and will be next to go though. I can't understand why Sunderland aren't socring more when they've players like Sess (although he's playing poorly), McClean, Larsson and Johnson.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

LickiRake wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could critic my team ahead of gameweek 11, i have one transfer, my wildcard and 1.9 mil in the bank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm getting a little red X instead of a team there.

Advertisement