Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

BroLo wrote: »
    Get Ba?

I really want to get him in but something is holding me back. My team is

Jussi/begovic

Gallas/Rangel/Baines/Mcartney/Clyne

Michu/Hazard/Nolan/Kacanicklic/Valencia

RVP/Tevez/Fletcher

There are so many areas of my team I need to improve, I just don't know where to start. Iv got 1.3 mill in the bank btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Well if you replace Fletcher with Ba you've got a serious goal threat. He will get you a high enough return, and with RVP and Tevez you'll have one of the strongest attacks possible IMO. Kacanicklic should be gotten out of there ASAP too because he's pretty much a bench warmer if I remember correctly. I'm not the best at advising who to bring in but get him and Fletcher out and get Ba in. Someone else will be able to help you regarding defense and midfield :)

BroLo wrote: »
    Well if you replace Fletcher with Ba you've got a serious goal threat. He will get you a high enough return, and with RVP and Tevez you'll have one of the strongest attacks possible IMO. Kacanicklic should be gotten out of there ASAP too because he's pretty much a bench warmer if I remember correctly. I'm not the best at advising who to bring in but get him and Fletcher out and get Ba in. Someone else will be able to help you regarding defense and midfield :)

Thanks for your help BroLo. I think il bring him in unless someone advises me strongly otherwise or an injury scare occurs before sat. I don't think he will play tonight and Pardew said he should be ok for the weekend fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Hey guys. What striker would you recommend to replace Steven Fletcher with? I have 8.6 million to spend. I'm thinking of holding off until next game week but if anyone has any advice that would be great!

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I have had Fletcher -> Ba penciled in for this GW for quite some time now, and still think I'm going to go ahead with it.

I've been monitoring the activity on both of them this week. Both are steadily getting dropped by managers. In an ideal world, Ba would drop on a given day, so you make the transfer just before this. Fletcher then drops the day after you ship him out.

However, they are both likely to drop on the same night going by their current rates. Still think I'll be making that change mind.

Fizman wrote: »

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I have had Fletcher -> Ba penciled in for this GW for quite some time now, and still think I'm going to go ahead with it.

I've been monitoring the activity on both of them this week. Both are steadily getting dropped by managers. In an ideal world, Ba would drop on a given day, so you make the transfer just before this. Fletcher then drops the day after you ship him out.

However, they are both likely to drop on the same night going by their current rates. Still think I'll be making that change mind.

Yeah I think managers are dropping Ba because of his injury scare whereas Fletcher is down to Sunderlands form. I think they're being hasty dropping Ba because if I had him I wouldn't drop him. My problem is my defence needs to be strengthened and that's the only reason for me hesitating on my transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's weird to see Ba being dropped considering Newcastle have decent fixtures these next couple of weeks. I'm definitely looking to bring him in after this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Ba is not in Newcastle's squad for their Europa League game tonight.

http://www.football365.com/match/3553598/preview

So hopefully he'll be ready for action on Sunday, I'm after bringing him in. FPL also says that he has a 75% chance of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I really want to get him in but something is holding me back. My team is

Jussi/begovic

Gallas/Rangel/Baines/Mcartney/Clyne

Michu/Hazard/Nolan/Kacanicklic/Valencia

RVP/Tevez/Fletcher

There are so many areas of my team I need to improve, I just don't know where to start. Iv got 1.3 mill in the bank btw.

We have extremely similar teams! (only 3 different players) How are you doing so far this season??

Am thinking of bringing Ba back in too, probably next week think im just going to hold off on a transfer this week now!

We have extremely similar teams! (only 3 different players) How are you doing so far this season??

Am thinking of bringing Ba back in too, probably next week think im just going to hold off on a transfer this week now!

Iv had a fairly average year so far. I'm in the top 100,000 so hope to gain a bit of pace this weekend. RVP captained the last 3 weeks has done well for me though. Going to sort the defence out next weekend so and put Ba in this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Iv had a fairly average year so far. I'm in the top 100,000 so hope to gain a bit of pace this weekend. RVP captained the last 3 weeks has done well for me though. Going to sort the defence out next weekend so and put Ba in this weekend.

Still doing better then i am anyway :rolleyes:! I have been lingering around 150k to 200k for the last 3 or 4 weeks now, one week ill move up slightly and the next week back down ffs ha!

Id have to take a points hit to bring Ba in this week and with Mata back out of injury there's really no need. will probably bring Sterling in for Nolan to free up funds next week and Bring Ba in for Fletcher then too!

Id do Nolan for Sterling this week but unfortunately as a Liverpool fan i cant see him doing too much at Stamford Bridge this weekend where as with Newcastles dodgy defense Nolan could pop up with something! Or at least that's my reasoning... cue Sterling goal and Nolan subbed off at 54 mins :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

van persie for captain again this week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

NN215 wrote: »
    van persie for captain again this week ?

Absolutely. The toughest thing I need to decide is who will be Vice Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Absolutely. The toughest thing I need to decide is who will be Vice Captain.

Probably the least important thing you need to decide also, barring some freak injury RVP a definite to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Perfect weekend for going with a leftfield option and closing a big gap when RVP falls to deliver.

AKA DIFFERENTIAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Perfect weekend for going with a leftfield option and closing a big gap when RVP falls to deliver.

AKA DIFFERENTIAL!

Yeah it'll be a differential alright, the difference bein you'll lose points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I disagree. It may be better to be a week late than four weeks early but it's best to be bang on the money by predicting a run of points at exactly the right time.

In saying that I disagree with the logic used to considering bringing aguerro in a few posts back.

Ye anyone can just sign the form players e.g. fellani this week, the key is knowing when to buy and when to sell. Theres no guarantee suarez to Aguero is a good move however Aguero was probably in everyones initial team this year until tevez had a good game in the charity shield lots of people would have switched to tevez to save money. Aguero is the main striker at City followed by Tevez Ballotelli Dzeko. Circumstances such as Agueros injury, the champions league and Tevez not playing for Argentina have resulted in Tevez starting more PL games than Aguero this wont last. Bar the last few weeks would anyone have ever advised Suarez over Aguero. If what happened on Tues happened in a league game i.e Aguero scoring Tevez getting substituted what would people be saying its the same with Oscar theres not a mention of him on here he has 4 goals in 11 games for Chelsea but they have all come in the Champs Lge if those 4 goals were in the league everyone would have him in their team.

Again, I think there's nothing wrong with trying to predict a run of good form but I wouldn't go near Aguerro at the moment. There's not enough there to indicate a strong run of form (or stronger than the cheaper Tevez anyway).

But Giroud, there's a lad I'm considering bring in. I'm hoping he has a quite enough game at the weekend because I'll be kinda annoyed if he explodes into form before I have a chance to get him in.

The plan was always to bring Ba in but Giroud at the same price is a riskier but tempting move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Again, I think there's nothing wrong with trying to predict a run of good form but I wouldn't go near Aguerro at the moment. There's not enough there to indicate a strong run of form (or stronger than the cheaper Tevez anyway).

But Giroud, there's a lad I'm considering bring in. I'm hoping he has a quite enough game at the weekend because I'll be kinda annoyed if he explodes into form before I have a chance to get him in.

The plan was always to bring Ba in but Giroud at the same price is a riskier but tempting move.

I think Giroud will only hit form if Arsenal start playing to his strengths. He's superb in the air but hasn't been getting the service he needs. And Wenger playing Ramsey and Podolski on the wings hasn't helped. Sagna is probably the best crosser in the team so with him back, maybe Giroud will start getting better service.

Ye tevez for the next two is probably a better option as I dont think hes involved with Argentina, I just have a feeling Aguero is about to take off. Giroud and Walcott are two other players im considering aswell. I just feel this strategy of signing players after they do well needs to be combined with a certain amount of getting in before the masses ( I realise u agree with this , obviously we all have different opinions on who these players are.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I want to bring Defoe in after the Arsenal game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I'm debating Bale -> Mata?
    Or Gibbs -> Baird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

AKA DIFFERENTIAL!

now, it could work. about once or twice out of 10.

but the likelyhood is that those who try to go left-field will fall on their arses.

anyone who has RVP would have to be a nutjob not to captain him this week.

roryc wrote: »
    I want to bring Defoe in after the Arsenal game...

ye looking at the same myself aiming to have a front 3 of rvp aguero and defoe from that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From the press conferences:

Ba "looks fine."

Evans is a doubt with a gammy groin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nani out for 10 days or so. Now would be a good time to get Valencia in or even Ashley Young, who's cheaper and more of a goal threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Any sugguestions who to get in for Gibbs?

Was thinking maybe Sagna as Arsenal have a good run coming up or maybe Shawcross or Rafael

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Want2know wrote: »
    Any sugguestions who to get in for Gibbs?

Was thinking maybe Sagna as Arsenal have a good run coming up or maybe Shawcross or Rafael
    Geoff Cameron of Stoke and .4 cheaper than Shawcross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had Giroud but Walcott is the one I'm watching. I really think Wenger should give him a run up front. I do believe Giroud will eventually come good but I got fed up waiting for it.

After initially saying, I wouldn't do a transfer this week, I've taken one, and a points hit of 8. Logging onto the FFS poll yesterday evening and seeing that 57% of people were captaining RVP was just too much.

Last week I got 33 or 34 points, can't even remember but it was ****. My captain choice is what fooked me up by going with Bale. My team did okay other than my captain choice (had Cazorla, Suarez) and having the wrong defenders on the bench which I'm finding hugely frustrating this year.

So last night, out went Fletcher, Bale and Baines, in came RVP, Fellaini (who I actually told someone on here to bring in last week and had previously) and Gorkks.

Now that I have Gorkks at 3.9 million, it should stop situations where I have the wrong defenders on the bench. He'll always score muck and I'd predict he'll only ever play 1 or 2 gameweeks.

That points hit is definitely my last. I've taken more this year than I did in the last two combined but I wanted to stop the rot. I'll be captaining RVP every week.

That leaves me with a squad of:

Begovic - Jaaskelainen
    Gorkks - Clarke - Rafael - Hughes - Cuellar
    Fellaini - Michu - Mata - Cazorla - Sterling
    RVP - Suarez - Tevez

The only change I'd like to make to that is Aguero in for Tevez but Aguero will have to show a run of form first.

Fletcher out, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fletcher out, eh?

My patience has run thin with him. Cue a goal v Everton. Have taken a punt on Lambert, most of his points have come at home and 3 of their next 4 are at home, with Qpr A in between. Will be looking to get in Suarez GW15, so it's a short-term move. Reasonably hopeful it can get me some decent points though.

Advertisement