Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Fletcher out, eh?

Haha, I knew you'd say that. In fairness, I've allowed myself three strikers above Fletcher's bracket. If I was going for one under 8 million, he'd still be it.

I do think he'll come good again and grab points over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Jussi or Scwarzer in goal this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lemlin wrote: »
    Haha, I knew you'd say that. In fairness, I've allowed myself three strikers above Fletcher's bracket. If I was going for one under 8 million, he'd still be it.

I reckon I'll be getting in Fletcher after his next 2 games - they have a nice run of fixtures up to the DGW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BroLo wrote: »
    Jussi or Scwarzer in goal this week?

Don't like either choice tbh. Jussi for me. They will probably both concede but I feel Jussi will get save points.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't like either choice tbh. Jussi for me. They will probably both concede but I feel Jussi will get save points.

That's what I was afraid of :P I was thinking Jussi as well, hopefully he gets bombarded but only concedes one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's what I was afraid of :P I was thinking Jussi as well, hopefully he gets bombarded but only concedes one :D

to Ba :pac:

manual_man wrote: »
    to Ba :pac:

I have him too, so yea, even 2 to Ba (that still only gives a -1 right?)

I have him too, so yea, even 2 to Ba (that still only gives a -1 right?)

for every 2 goals conceded, yah

for every 2 goals conceded, yah

Then Ba to score 2 and Jussi to save everything else thrown at him! (please? :rolleyes: )

Then Ba to score 2 and Jussi to save everything else thrown at him! (please? :rolleyes: )

Ba hatrick. same minus points for Jussi vs Ba x2

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

Boring one for me this week, Kacanicklic out and Noble in.

Bought RVP last week so there's no big spending going to be going on for me till Jan transfer window. having a bit of a slump in the last month owing to Everton running out of clean sheets and Cazorla/Hazard and Torres going quiet.

Hoping RVP will steady the ship and brought in Benteke too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Boring one for me this week, Kacanicklic out and Noble in.

Bought RVP last week so there's no big spending going to be going on for me till Jan transfer window. having a bit of a slump in the last month owing to Everton running out of clean sheets and Cazorla/Hazard and Torres going quiet.

Hoping RVP will steady the ship and brought in Benteke too...

I hope he's only bench fodder for you, as villa have 3 horrible games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

He is and he isn't! 1st team is

Howard
    Rafael Skrtel Baines McCartney
    Michu Hazard Cazorla Noble
    Ba RVP Benteke

So 1st sub each week is a battle between Benteke and Noble....so am sh'tting it on the fitness of Ba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fletcher -> Ba done with 0.4m in the bank.

Front line of Tevez, Ba and Jelavic now.

Giving Jelavic 3 weeks to get the finger out. If he can't impress against SUN (H), RDG (A) and NOR (H) he's gone.

Fizman wrote: »
    Fletcher -> Ba done with 0.4m in the bank.

Front line of Tevez, Ba and Jelavic now.

Giving Jelavic 3 weeks to get the finger out. If he can't impress against SUN (H), RDG (A) and NOR (H) he's gone.

I was thinking about Jelavic but Fellaini actually seems to get more chances as him.

Fellaini is playing more like a striker than a midfielder in the games I've watched.

He is often the pinnacle of Everton's attack. I said last week before the weekend he had a big score coming and I think he could keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah I had to get the little dig in.

In fairness, I'm on the verge of doing something similar with Berb. There's a bit of value in the 9.0 - 10.0 million forward market and there may be no need to have a mid to low price striker like Fletcher or Berbatov.

But, I'm delighted that Fletchers goals dried up as I predicted. He was never going to keep up that rate of games/points due to how negative Sunderland were at the start of the season. And Fulham have been scoring plenty of goals (both at home and away).

In summary, Berbatov > Fletcher!

Ah I had to get the little dig in.

In fairness, I'm on the verge of doing something similar with Berb. There's a bit of value in the 9.0 - 10.0 million forward market and there may be no need to have a mid to low price striker like Fletcher or Berbatov.

But, I'm delighted that Fletchers goals dried up as I predicted. He was never going to keep up that rate of games/points due to how negative Sunderland were at the start of the season. And Fulham have been scoring plenty of goals (both at home and away).

In summary, Berbatov > Fletcher!

You're not going to let that one lie. We'll see come the end of the season.

For me, Suarez, despite all his failings, is playing too well to ignore.

Even with the 75%* chance of him missing that at home to Wigan game next weekend?

* arbitrary number which i just pulled out of nowhere

Even with the 75%* chance of him missing that at home to Wigan game next weekend?

[SIZE="1"]* arbitrary number which i just pulled out of nowhere[/SIZE]

He'll miss one game. Any player could get injured at any stage and miss more.

He's playing as main striker for Liverpool who have a decent run and are creating chances. He's in good form too.

The other part is that, unlike your Tevezs or RVPs, there's no chance of him being rested, rotated or coming off early in a game.

I can't think of any other 9 million plus striker that offers that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can anyone see any players that I should be looking to get rid of this week?

I have 1.3 in the bank. I'd like to free up another .1 so that I can move Ba for Tevez next week if I decide to.

e40e49e5ccc3ca995ff18a4efd31f7a5.png?1352487472

• Advertisement

He'll miss one game. Any player could get injured at any stage and miss more.

He's playing as main striker for Liverpool who have a decent run and are creating chances. He's in good form too.

The other part is that, unlike your Tevezs or RVPs, there's no chance of him being rested, rotated or coming off early in a game.

I can't think of any other 9 million plus striker that offers that.
    Not saying he's a bad buy. Just a points hit for a lad who could very well be out next week is risky. I'm hoping he picks up a yellow, people drop him and I'll consider bringing him in for berbs.

Need to make up .3 million somehow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I have Baird, Clyne or Demel to fill the last space in my defence, who is the best option?

Or should I take a point hit and get another player in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Was looking to get a third Man Utd player in as they've a fairly good fixture list for the next couple of months(the City game aside), I already have Rafael and RVP. I was looking at either De Gea or Valencia. I would be transferring in De Gea for Szczesny(starting Jaaskelainen while he's injured), and if I were getting Valencia it would probably be for Yaya Toure.

Utd are scoring loads but not keeping many clean sheets, which would make Valencia seem the better choice. However he could be rotated in some games while De Gea will most likely start them all and may keep more clean sheets with the games coming up. Who would yous go for?

I have 1.3 in the bank. I'd like to free up another .1 so that I can move Ba for Tevez next week if I decide to.

Clark to Shorey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Did Fletch to Ba with my free this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Clark to Shorey?

Why Shorey?

shrewdness wrote: »
    Was looking to get a third Man Utd player in as they've a fairly good fixture list for the next couple of months(the City game aside), I already have Rafael and RVP. I was looking at either De Gea or Valencia. I would be transferring in De Gea for Szczesny(starting Jaaskelainen while he's injured), and if I were getting Valencia it would probably be for Yaya Toure.

Utd are scoring loads but not keeping many clean sheets, which would make Valencia seem the better choice. However he could be rotated in some games while De Gea will most likely start them all and may keep more clean sheets with the games coming up. Who would yous go for?

If i had to choose, Valencia. But i'm not sold on either. De Gea might even be rested after playing v Braga. And fully expect SAF to rotate him and Lindergaard when the games come thick and fast in December. If i was to go for another United defensive option, i'd probably go for Evans, though i hear he's a doubt for this weekend

The legend that is Kaspars Gorkss. For Nelsen. There's your .1 right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I just brought in Nelsen last week. Dunno if I want to go and take him out again ha. Might keep my transfer till next week.

My luck with the transfers for the last while has been terrible.

Advertisement