Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxis

Options
  • 03-11-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering how much does it cost to get a taxi from Dublin city to greystones?Going into town tonight and really don't fancy getting the dart/nightlink home, it's a chilly night!! If anyone has any numbers that would be great. need the taxi for about 12pm so not too late Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

on the meter its about €60, you may be able to haggle it down before getting in the cab (I've had some luck doing this with the drivers around college green, but be prepared to be told to F off a few times first)

84N nitelink is €5 and there is one at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

A local taxi guy from Charlesland works in town Friday/Saturday nights he takes me home for €40, probably not much use to you tonight but if u want it for future nights out , ill pm it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

cocker5 wrote: »
    A local taxi guy from Charlesland works in town Friday/Saturday nights he takes me home for €40, probably not much use to you tonight but if u want it for future nights out , ill pm it to you!
    Can you pm me too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

audreyp wrote: »
    Can you pm me too please?

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Rather than PMs- should we make this an opportunity for local based taxis who regularly do the Dublin-Greystones return journey to post their details ? Always worth ringing a few taxis who may be on their way home anyway - even if they are not available on that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There are taxi drivers already listed in the sticky

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

There are taxi drivers already listed in the sticky

The request was related to Taxi drivers who regularly work in Dublin on a Friday/Sat night and would be happy to have a run back to Greystones on the return home - not just the list of local taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Oldlegs wrote: »
    The request was related to Taxi drivers who regularly work in Dublin on a Friday/Sat night and would be happy to have a run back to Greystones on the return home - not just the list of local taxis.

They can be added to the sticky

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15 avg

Thanks for all the replies, got a lift home in the end on Friday but got pm'd a number of a local guy is anyone wants it let me know, might be handy for nights out over christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

avg wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, got a lift home in the end on Friday but got pm'd a number of a local guy is anyone wants it let me know, might be handy for nights out over christmas!

Keith Darcy is good and honest and can be found around inner Dublin as well as out in Greystones. I also used to drive when lived there.

darcycabs125.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aynneone

I'll be cheeky and post my partners name and number on this, seeing as how there is already one lot of contact details lol. Terry is his name, we live in The Grove in Redford, he works every single Fri and Sat night in or around the City Centre and he would be delighted of any fares back to Greystones. His number is 087 1333615, and hes more than open to a spot of haggling lol.....

Anne

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Slightly misdirecting the thread but thanks for the 84n tip. Didn't know that one.

I would have saved me to wait till 3 for the Finnegan night-bus to Greystones.
    http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/page10.php
    This one goes at 0:00 to Bray and 03:00 to Greystones, Charlesland and Kilcoole

Advertisement