Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluffy Fairy Lights - Are they safe or not?

Options
  • 03-11-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

My six year old received a set of fluffy fairy lights from one of her aunts as a present recently and she wants to hang them in her bedroom.

I'm terrified of having them in her room incase they go on fire. Mr D thinks I have being a bit OTT.

What do you think folks? Are they safe?

Also, what do you think of surge socket extension leads, I have these in almost every room in the house, are they any good?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    My six year old received a set of fluffy fairy lights from one of her aunts as a present recently and she wants to hang them in her bedroom.

I'm terrified of having them in her room incase they go on fire. Mr D thinks I have being a bit OTT.

What do you think folks? Are they safe?

Also, what do you think of surge socket extension leads, I have these in almost every room in the house, are they any good?

Many thanks in advance!

personally i wouldnt let a 6 year old near electrics at all,more worried about electrocution than fire

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

To be honest, I hate them and I really don't want them in the house at all. However, if I was hanging them in her room they would be hung up high and well out of reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    To be honest, I hate them and I really don't want them in the house at all. However, if I was hanging them in her room they would be hung up high and well out of reach.

sure,your the boss
    if you dont like them,dont fit them
    aunty will never know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i would only use fairy lights with a power adapter(thick black plug)-i wouldn't be too concerned if they have that

i would switch them off when out of the house and last thing at nite myself

Advertisement