Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck coalshed, hopefully see you on Eurosport in the morning.

+1. Best of luck man. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Ran BHAA 4 mile race today. In summary...shouldn't have, new PB, but aggravated hamstring:mad:

Race report here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84013293#post84013293

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Parkrun Malahide (5k) this morning. Great weather for it - crisp and sunny.

Warmed up with an easy 4k then did the run in 22:05, a PB of 2:10. :cool: Cooled off with another 5k to complete today's scheduled distance.

Can't post splits because my Garmin doesn't track this course very well because of the trees (anyone else have this problem? :confused:). Anyway decided to have a real go at it today - I feel I haven't been really pushing it enough in races.

Pleased with the result, the training is certainly paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

murphd77 wrote: »
    Parkrun Malahide this morning. Great weather for it - crisp and sunny.

Ran 22:06, a PB of 2:09. :cool:

Can't post splits because my Garmin doesn't track this course very well because of the trees (anyone else have this problem? :confused:). Anyway decided to have a real go at it today - I feel I haven't been really pushing it enough in races.

Pleased with the result, the training is certainly paying off.

Great PB. 2 mins off that distance is huge!..splits usually ok with my Garmin on that course but don't pay too much heed to them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That's too bad RedRunner. Hope it's nothing too serious.

There seems to be a lot of injuries and nighles at the moment. Take it easy and look after yourselves out there guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

coalshed wrote: »
    The day has come. I'm off to Paris. Feels like almost as much a voyage into the unknown as Dublin did.

Plan: run with 3'30 pacers.
    Pb to beat: 3'46'x
    weather outlook: 8 / 9 degrees
    Runners packed: check
    Sleepless night: comin right up.

Mon Dieu.

Best of luck, hope you absolutely nail it!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Throw beer at them

We do NOT waste good beer in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

We do NOT waste good beer in this thread!

Sorry, my bad. But if I'm not drinking then no one should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

RedRunner wrote: »
    Ran BHAA 4 mile race today. In summary...shouldn't have, new PB, but aggravated hamstring:mad:

Race report here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84013293#post84013293

Well done on ur PB! Sorry to hear about ur injury though, hopefully won't b too bad n u will heal quickly!

Great run murphd77! Well done! :)

• Advertisement

22 LSR for me today and it was a slog and a half. I'm getting over a bout of manflu and a hard week behind me coupled with the heat meant the legs were heavy enough all the way around. Kept on my LSR pace (8.45) but hadn't got any PMP miles in me which is a bit of a letdown, in saying that though I'm glad to have it in the can. It was the first time I had ran in any kind of heat in months and it does grind on you, praying for clouds and no wind for Limerick! Well done everyone on the racing today, looking forward to the Paris race reports too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Please. No more mentions of beer. Sat in a pub this afternoon with our water watching folks sink ice cold lagers :-) i look forward to one or two tomorrow.

off out shortly for dinner #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

30k (19m) tomorrow. I like to explore new routes on the longest runs to keep things interesting. Thinking of running mainly along the Dodder from Ringsend to Templeogue (Dodder Valley Park) and back. Anyone familiar with the route and if so any tips? Looks navigable most of the way from Google Earth/Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Best of luck Coalshed - by all accounts, the parisians pass out wine to runners instead of water so you can save the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

I'm there with the family for the weekend, but would be interested in meeting up.

Count me in for a meet up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Just catching up after a few days break...injuries, falls, marathons - geez its all happening here! Seriously though hope all those injured have a speedy recovery:( And to think coalshed is running the big one in Paris - brilliant :D

I was at a wedding on Friday and it was my birthday yesterday so lets just say today's 17 miles (14 @MP) was a big test in HTFU. For a start I really wanted to crawl back in to bed and talked myself in and out of the run many times. Anyway I eventually hauled my sorry, dehydrated, hungover self out the door. Plan was 2 easy miles, 14 @ 8.58 and 1 mile c/d. Once I got going I was fine, although I did have to come home after 5 miles to change out of the winter gear and in to shorts and tshirt (hello spring - at last :)).

I ran a new route just to mix things up. The MP splits were 9.05, 8.49, 8.43, 8.38, 8.35, 8.40, 8.49, 8.46, 8.47, 8.56, 8.47, 9.05, 8.49, 8.38. There were more hills than I'm used to so I found it tough enough. By the time I came home my hamstrings and calves were screaming at me and my arms felt sore :eek: This has never happened and I'm guessing was a result of dehydration?

Anyway ice bath and chocolate milk have settled things but that's the end of the partying until after Limerick. Can't believe its only 4 weeks away, getting so excited already :D Can't wait for the marathon race reports to start coming in to get in the mood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Done a local 5k this morning. Finished in 21:55 which is new pb by 30 seconds. Its was quite a small field think I might have got a top ten!!

Runchick wrote: »
    Just catching up after a few days break...injuries, falls, marathons - geez its all happening here! Seriously though hope all those injured have a speedy recovery:( And to think coalshed is running the big one in Paris - brilliant :D

I was at a wedding on Friday and it was my birthday yesterday so lets just say today's 17 miles (14 @MP) was a big test in HTFU. For a start I really wanted to crawl back in to bed and talked myself in and out of the run many times. Anyway I eventually hauled my sorry, dehydrated, hungover self out the door. Plan was 2 easy miles, 14 @ 8.58 and 1 mile c/d. Once I got going I was fine, although I did have to come home after 5 miles to change out of the winter gear and in to shorts and tshirt (hello spring - at last :)).

I ran a new route just to mix things up. The MP splits were 9.05, 8.49, 8.43, 8.38, 8.35, 8.40, 8.49, 8.46, 8.47, 8.56, 8.47, 9.05, 8.49, 8.38. There were more hills than I'm used to so I found it tough enough. By the time I came home my hamstrings and calves were screaming at me and my arms felt sore :eek: This has never happened and I'm guessing was a result of dehydration?

Anyway ice bath and chocolate milk have settled things but that's the end of the partying until after Limerick. Can't believe its only 4 weeks away, getting so excited already :D Can't wait for the marathon race reports to start coming in to get in the mood :)

Well done Runchick ,that's some pace after ur weekend of partying! They wud b good splits on a good day! Well done u! Yeah I can't wait to read all the reports too. Limerick away b4 derry too so u will all b done by time mine comes around! I'm not great at writing reports either as I never use my laptop n always follow this tread on my phone which makes it harder. Belated happy birthday too! Well done again! U soon b beginning taper! :) let the madness begin!!

Delighted to have reached 60m this week, n even more so that no major injuries due to fall, face n shoulder really black n blue now but looks worse than feels . Was able to run this high mileage this week as I on holidays, kids on holiday so no homework, music classes , football etc etc.also did no speed sessions or hill work this week as was planning to use the 5k yesterday as my speed session, though my cut knees prevented me attempting the 5k yesterday but joined group of 5 other friends this morning n done a slow 11m on the Inishowen half marathon course, was lovely run n lovely running a different route. We omitted the 1st couple miles as we regularly run on that stretch on a Tuesday nite at training. Was great been able to run in tshirt n 3/4 bottoms again , though hands still very chilly.

Come on Coalshed, we all dying to hear how it went!! Where are u?!! :)

• Advertisement

3'37.

A tough day at the office.

I'll add more detail when im not surrounded by alcohol!

3'37.

3'37.

Well done! Enjoy the liquid refreshments!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

3'37.

Well done! Enjoy the drinks.

Dazza21.ie well done on ur 5k PB! U must b delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

New runner wrote: »
    Dazza21.ie well done on ur 5k PB! U must b delighted!

Thanks New runner, pretty pleased, hopefully more to come off that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Thanks New runner, pretty pleased, hopefully more to come off that.

Well done Dazza...ya little goer ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

3'37.

Well done, superb time coalshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Anyone in cork going out in this sh1t this evening. this weather is really begining to get the better of me. Had 11 miles with 7 fast ones planned this evening. say id be soaked thru and frozen after so called mile warm up. After training in the dark for 6months and looking forward to daylight this just pisses me off no end. it was better weather in nov dec jan. rant over but looks like i might have to get my ass out of bed early a few times this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

tomred1N wrote: »
    Anyone in cork going out in this sh1t this evening. this weather is really begining to get the better of me. Had 11 miles with 7 fast ones planned this evening. say id be soaked thru and frozen after so called mile warm up. After training in the dark for 6months and looking forward to daylight this just pisses me off no end. it was better weather in nov dec jan. rant over but looks like i might have to get my ass out of bed early a few times week

It's rotten alright. I'm haunted, put yesterday off till today, and got it done this afternoon when I was off. I ran into a walk of wind down the marina, but infinitely better to this old p!ss.

Advertisement