Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

RubyK wrote: »
    I can relate to your post. The week of London, I felt v tired, hitting pmp wasn't easy, and my head was all over the place. Right up to the day before the marathon I didn't feel at all refreshed, if anything, I was shattered. But, come marathon morning, it all just feel into place.

Go out for a few easy miles Friday as planned, for your head if nothing else.

As you said, eat well, try and get decent nights sleep, make sure you are taking on enough water.

Trust in your training, you'll have a super day Sunday :)

Well said RubyK.

One way to describe the tiredness is if your used to say 7 hours sleep a night but as a once off you get say 9 hours sleep,even though you've had more sleep,you feel more tired than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Runchick wrote: »
    Thanks guys, hopefully I can look back next week and see it was all worth it! RubyK its very heartening to know you felt the same way and had a good experience on the day :) London marathon is on my bucket list for sure, mind you they've changed the GFA time to 3.45 so a bit of work to do over the next few marathons if I'm to go down that route :rolleyes:

Lucky you, I'd have to shave over 1 1/2 hours from my PB to get the GFA 3.05!!! Think I'll keep trying the ballott!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Thanks guys, hopefully I can look back next week and see it was all worth it! RubyK its very heartening to know you felt the same way and had a good experience on the day :) London marathon is on my bucket list for sure, mind you they've changed the GFA time to 3.45 so a bit of work to do over the next few marathons if I'm to go down that route :rolleyes:

Trust your training - you've done the work & you'll be fine. Line up & be proud of the training you've done and aim for the best you can do, you've earned your place on the line and I bet you'll do really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Somebody posted on blockic's log a while back that the marathon is a celebration of the training.

Now go celebrate :)

Gavlor wrote: »
    Somebody posted on blockic's log a while back that the marathon is a celebration of the training.

I have a feeling that may have been someone who has never run a marathon before! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Gavlor wrote: »

Hey Gavlor I'll be celebrating all right but if my time can start with a 3 and yours with a 2 that really will be the icing on the cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Very best of luck to everyone doing Limerick!! Ye have put in serious work and I hope you get the time you are hoping for and then some! :)

Some of us are meeting in the Clarion Hotel bar on Sunday from around 1:30pm onwards until everyone heads to the Locke bar around 7 (or as ncmc likes to call it, locked! :D)

So call in after for some celebrations if ye can! Would be great to meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Cheers blockie, will the half pacers be hanging out at the expo on Saturday, ill drop over to say hello to you all if you are? Watch out for that last corner in Limerick too, I hear its quare slippy! ;)

Cheers blockie, will the half pacers be hanging out at the expo on Saturday, ill drop over to say hello to you all if you are? Watch out for that last corner in Limerick too, I hear its quare slippy! ;)

I won't be able to make the pacer stand unfortunately, Will be out on the fairways Saturday!! ;)

But if you see a lad with a 1:50 balloon Sunday give us a shout out!

Edit: I'm bringing sawdust with me for that last corner so I don't fall! :D

blockic wrote: »
    Very best of luck to everyone doing Limerick!! Ye have put in serious work and I hope you get the time you are hoping for and then some! :)

Some of us are meeting in the Clarion Hotel bar on Sunday from around 1:30pm onwards until everyone heads to the Locke bar around 7 (or as ncmc likes to call it, locked! :D)

So call in after for some celebrations if ye can! Would be great to meet up!

Meeting at 1.30 :eek: that only gives me 15 minutes to negotiate the finish, get the medal, shower & change!

• Advertisement

Meeting at 1.30 :eek: that only gives me 15 minutes to negotiate the finish, get the medal and get to the pub

FYP ;) seeing as I won't be finished until 1:35 it will prob be 2 before I'll arrive!

Gavlor will be there at 12 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Best of luck to everyone running in Limerick over the weekend.
    Reading all this stuff has made me think strongly about doing it next year.

Have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Meeting at 1.30 :eek: that only gives me 15 minutes to negotiate the finish, get the medal, shower & change!
    Shower :eek::eek::eek: Don't you know that your sweaty odour is as much a badge of honour as the medal! I'd say there'll be some honk in the Clarion by 7pm! Feel a bit sorry for the non runners trying to enjoy a drink in the bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Best of luck to everyone doing Limerick, I hope everyone gets their Gold Medal :) Looking forward to reading all the race reports after.

I've a 10k race this Sunday, resting after this evening. What kind of distance would you recommend I do tonight? As its a race week I hadn't planned on an LSR. But I feel guilty having a very low mileage week. Would a medium distance run be ok do you think? Ie. 7?8?9 miles perhaps ? Or be sensible and do a short one? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

DOCO12 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone doing Limerick, I hope everyone gets their Gold Medal :) Looking forward to reading all the race reports after.

I've a 10k race this Sunday, resting after this evening. What kind of distance would you recommend I do tonight? As its a race week I hadn't planned on an LSR. But I feel guilty having a very low mileage week. Would a medium distance run be ok do you think? Ie. 7?8?9 miles perhaps ? Or be sensible and do a short one? Thanks :)
    I'd go with a 5 miler and throw in 6 x 100m strides at race pace ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

blockic wrote: »
    FYP ;) seeing as I won't be finished until 1:35 it will prob be 2 before I'll arrive!

Gavlor will be there at 12 ;)

11.59 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yeah, have great race guys. And "trust the training, do justice to the work (and celebrate the long stuff)" as someone wisely once said.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Good luck in Limerick and any other race venues, do yourselves proud.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Getting close now Limerick bound racers!! Hours are dragging in sure!! best of luck to all... pB's all round and enjoy the day! Get some rewards for all that hard work. Have no fear

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Best of luck to u all doing limerick and other races, trust your training and reap the benefits of all the hard work , all those miles n pain through the wind n rain all winter will be worth it when u cross the finish. Enjoy ! Can't wait to read all the glowing reports etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck to all doing Limerick this weekend, all the hard work is done, go and enjoy the big day :) and big night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Best of luck to all the Limerick lads and lassies (and Belfast if anyone is doing it) Go out there and throw down the gauntlet to the Cork posse! You've all worked so hard and deserve to hit your gold time with time to spare, so just go out there and give it socks and most importantly ENJOY IT and STAY SAFE! Looking forward to the race reports!

Last 3 miles done. I felt every niggle like my running career was about to end! 6mths and 600 odd miles - thanks to everyone here for the encouragement.

Yiz are all just brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Last 3 miles done. I felt every niggle like my running career was about to end! 6mths and 600 odd miles - thanks to everyone here for the encouragement.

Yiz are all just brill.

Thank you Killian, that makes me feel alot better. I feel exactly the same, the buzz of the day will get us through though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Hi ho hi ho its off to limerick I go....well not til tomorrow but just packed the bag...so excited...no matter what happens on Sunday I am addicted to marathons...absolutely buzzing today :D

+1 to what Killian said - great support from boards, thanks all you lovely people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Best of luck to all of you racing this weekend, particularly those in Limerick. I'd nearly head down for the session afterwards. Hope you all reap the benefits of training.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Good look to everyone racing this weekend. Looking forward to the reports already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Just reading all your last minute preparations and stuff and I'm buzzing for ye. Best of luck to you all - go and smash it - the hard work is well and truly done now. Just one more PMP run. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SouthMan

Fantastic support folks and thanks - this just adds to the adrenaline rush that's beginning to gain momentum by the hour!Best of luck to all - & enjoy everything Limerick has to offer - hope to meet some of you on the day!As they say leave it all on the road..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Best of luck in limerick everyone!

Advertisement