Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

I see a nice marathon plan in the irish runner called schedule 2. It looks doable while challenging. And incorporates the race series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Big Logger wrote: »
    I see a nice marathon plan in the irish runner called schedule 2. It looks doable while challenging. And incorporates the race series.

Yeah I noticed that, its a 22 week program which started very gently this week I think. I have a PDF of it if anybody wants a look drop me a PM. Sensible plan and very doable for the likes of us, especially if you intend to incorporate the race series.

Yeah I noticed that, its a 22 week program which started very gently this week I think. I have a PDF of it if anybody wants a look drop me a PM. Sensible plan and very doable for the likes of us, especially if you intend to incorporate the race series.

I like the look of it. 5 days training a week is enough.

I like the look of it. 5 days training a week is enough.

Yeah I think so, I'm only just running a year and I reckon I'm dicing with potential injury whatever the mileage if I'm running 6 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

20130601_213346.jpg

The after effects of Enniscorthy last week!!! Best of luck to all running this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I'm now a triathlete. They're quite fun actually.

Good luck everyone in Cork, have a blast & stay safe.

tang1 wrote: »
    20130601_213346.jpg

The after effects of Enniscorthy last week!!! Best of luck to all running this weekend.

Fook. Whats the damage, hope its not too serious?

Fook. Whats the damage, hope its not too serious?

Have torn my lateral meniscus cartilage, having an MRI done tomorrow afternoon to see if anything more serious done. Haven't been given a full diagnosis on how long i'll be out. Have to wear the brace for another week anyway.

Have torn my lateral meniscus cartilage, having an MRI done tomorrow afternoon to see if anything more serious done. Haven't been given a full diagnosis on how long i'll be out. Have to wear the brace for another week anyway.

Jaysus sounds grim, was is a niggle that developed or a sudden wallop? Best of luck with the diagnosis, really hope its positive.

Jaysus sounds grim, was is a niggle that developed or a sudden wallop? Best of luck with the diagnosis, really hope its positive.

Cheers, sudden wallop. Never had issues with my knees from running before, will know better on time out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cheers, sudden wallop. Never had issues with my knees from running before, will know better on time out tomorrow.

Thats crap Tang, hope its not that bad.
    I was reading there about it, they say it happens when the knee takes a twist while the leg is not fully extended. Sounds like something that could happen on a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

That's not fun Tang, sorry to see it happen to you. Lets hope further investigation brings better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Jaysus, during the race or post race? That's a nasty injury tang, make sure to give it time. (the brace looks cool though :) )

Thats crap Tang, hope its not that bad.
    I was reading there about it, they say it happens when the knee takes a twist while the leg is not fully extended. Sounds like something that could happen on a hill.

Cheers BL, there was plenty of hills in Enniscorthy last Sunday but cant honestly remember twisting my knee in anyway. Hopefully its not to bad.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Jaysus, during the race or post race? That's a nasty injury tang, make sure to give it time. (the brace looks cool though :) )

Only felt it the following day and its gotten worse all week, feel like Stone Cold Steve Austin with the brace on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Only felt it the following day and its gotten worse all week, feel like Stone Cold Steve Austin with the brace on!!

Robocop??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Unlucky tang, hope it's not too serious.
    Loving the stone cold reference..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Jaysus, nasty. Hope the MRI doesn't reveal anything too serious.
    Keep the spirits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Christ...hope its not as bad as it looks Tang. Fingers crossed that the prognosis won't be too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

Oh no sorry to hear that tang. Good luck with the MRI, hopefully it won't show anything more serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Hope that gets sorted ASAP tangbocop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Steroo wrote: »
    Hope that gets sorted ASAP tangbocop
    +1 Hope you mend up quickly B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Over 800 miles clocked up so far this year...1000 mile challenge, eh challenge accepted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Hi folks thanks for all your support n kind words of encouragement . Tough day at office but all things considered I happy enuf with 3.53 ( possibly made 3.52.xx). Found last 8 miles really hard, had get my big toe nail sorted out yest as it had cut down into wick couple days ago n was very inflamed n sore, podiatrist cut out a piece from down side, hurt like hell n dressed it, so tbh that hurt all the way, my feet were definately my biggest prob for some reason they all cut n blistered:( oh n had diarrhoea 3 times so thr lost some mins! However on a positive note my ankle held up great n never even found pain or ache so I'm delighted with that. Writing this on phone so not ideal for a race report but ill do that tomoro . So overall happy , 3.58 in DCM n 3.53 today.
    Good luck to all tomoro , hope u all have great run. We had ideal conditions today, lovely mild dry day n since we started at 8.30 wasn't too hot, so hopefully b same for u all tomoro. Best of luck to u all n thanks again x

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

First marathon completed today with Garmin showing time of 3:42:59 :D,I'm so happy with that.I know I don't post here much but I would like to thank everyone that gives advise here cause its been a great help to me.Might even write a report when I know proper time :cool:

Tang hope the injury is not as bad as it looks and wish you good news from the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

Well done New runner great time when you think of the last couple of weeks training you did and the injury's you carried today.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Well done New runner & tenreds,fingers crossed for the rest of us for the weekend.

tang1,wishing you a speedy recovery with that injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

New Runner and tenreds, fantastic racing in tough conditions, congratulations on brilliant times. You've really thrown the gauntlet down to us Cork runners tomorrow. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Well done New runner and tenreds on great results today. New runner sounds like you battled through some horrors today so very well done, looking forward to both your race reports. A great start to this weekend's running from guys on here, can't wait for all the good news from Cork :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Runchick wrote: »
    Well done New runner and tenreds on great results today. New runner sounds like you battled through some horrors today so very well done, looking forward to both your race reports. A great start to this weekend's running from guys on here, can't wait for all the good news from Cork :D

+1 on all of this.

Advertisement