Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Congrats on your PB, great time, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Getting back into the groove. Was a bit naughty and did a club race tonight. See report here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87727854#post87727854

Really happy with how it went and happy that I'm managing my recovery well. Physio today said he is happy with my progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

DOCO12 wrote: »
    Got a new pb of 20.12 in a 5K at the weekend so will break the 20min mark early next year. At least with the shorter distances all the hard training isn't down to one day can always race again the next week.

FYP ;) Congrats on the race! All the cool people are not going to bother with a spring marathon. To think some people are doing 2 in a week! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Well done DOCO12, amazing time...so when are ya starting a log on here? ;)

Well we had our club's presentation dinner dance last night and I was so pleased to be awarded a lovely trophy for most improved female athlete, was over moon! Makes the hard work all worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

New runner wrote: »
    Well we had our club's presentation dinner dance last night and I was so pleased to be awarded a lovely trophy for most improved female athlete, was over moon! Makes the hard work all worthwhile.

Well done New Runner, fair play...great to get the recogniton for your hard work! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Super to read this sort of stuff. Very well done.

Thanks lads, was trying to post the photo of my presentation, my face says it all, but I don't know how to do it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Thanks lads, was trying to post the photo of my presentation, my face says it all, but I don't know how to do it! :(

use http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

upload it to there, and it will give you an IMG tag for forums, simply copy and paste that into a post here. you can click preview post to check it's going to come out properly before hitting submit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Brilliant stuff new runner, well deserved too!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Runchick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Nice one!

Hey, that's great news NewRunner, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Runchick wrote: »
    Well done DOCO12, amazing time...so when are ya starting a log on here? ;)

Thanks Runchick I know I keep meaning to start one I just can't decide what to call it :D
    Huge congrats New Runner that's fantastic to win, go you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Hi All, I've been quiet lately but improving all the time slowly.
    Was thinking of targeting a 10K.. using the McMillan 10k plan (8 weeks) but the only convenience 10K i can find is The Heath on 19 Jan.. so that gives me 7 weeks. The fitness isn't bad, but the pace of all runs has been fairly slow. So do ye think 7 weeks will get me back near PB territory? I really want something to focus on, especially with all the temptations of the xmas etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Howdy Steroo - good to see you back at it... :)

I think you'll get a more measured response if you put up what you've been doing recently in terms of pace in more detail and also what your pb is at the moment...?

Beef wrote: »
    Howdy Steroo - good to see you back at it... :)

I think you'll get a more measured response if you put up what you've been doing recently in terms of pace in more detail and also what your pb is at the moment...?

Thanks Beef. At the moment all runs are around 9 - 9.30 pace.. did a few 10 Milers the last few weeks.
    current PB is 44:55 from last march I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Steroo wrote: »
    Hi All, I've been quiet lately but improving all the time slowly.
    Was thinking of targeting a 10K.. using the McMillan 10k plan (8 weeks) but the only convenience 10K i can find is The Heath on 19 Jan.. so that gives me 7 weeks. The fitness isn't bad, but the pace of all runs has been fairly slow. So do ye think 7 weeks will get me back near PB territory? I really want something to focus on, especially with all the temptations of the xmas etc.
    The course is not flat so I would do it as more of a hard piece of work than a pb attempt

http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/portlaoise-l/the-heath-10k-fun-run-route-22928212

Hi Ste

Why not target Raheny 5 instead at end Jan?

RedRunner wrote: »
    Hi Ste

Why not target Raheny 5 instead at end Jan?

Good suggestion. I've never did a 5 mile Race. Suppose I had a 10k target.. but I could convert it to 5 miles target I'm sure ;)

CM thanks for that.. I was sure I read that the Heath was pretty flat.

• Advertisement

Steroo wrote: »
    Good suggestion. I've never did a 5 mile Race. Suppose I had a 10k target.. but I could convert it to 5 miles target I'm sure ;)

Perfect so.....guaranteed a PB then! :D

Going for a pint Saturday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Come on lads and lassies.

Any last minute takers for a few scoops tomorrow night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Just got my entry for London confirmed :D What plan are you guys following?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Congrats ! I'm so jealous Id so love to be doing it. Exciting times ahead :) it's good to see something happening our thread has gotten very dead. My new yr resolution is to start my own . I've been ticking away nicely am braving the dark mornings on my own, it really does set you up for the day. Averaging 35-45 miles over last few weeks. Just taking it one week at a time. Doing a track session once a week and love them. Got a 10k PB at weekend of 41.33 so am definitely reaping the benefits of the marathon fitness. :D GO MENO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Congrats doco that's a great time for 10k .... go on the girls :D

Omg well done Doco, 41.xx for 10k!! that's only times I'll ever DREAM off! Congrats n best wishes for continued success in the coming year.

DOCO12 wrote: »
    Congrats ! I'm so jealous Id so love to be doing it. Exciting times ahead :) it's good to see something happening our thread has gotten very dead. My new yr resolution is to start my own . I've been ticking away nicely am braving the dark mornings on my own, it really does set you up for the day. Averaging 35-45 miles over last few weeks. Just taking it one week at a time. Doing a track session once a week and love them. Got a 10k PB at weekend of 41.33 so am definitely reaping the benefits of the marathon fitness. :D GO MENO!!

Well done on your 10k time....I would almost swap my London place for that time......almost!;)

Great stuff! I'm following Meno's plan. Started yesterday. Have a lovely 6 x 800m session to look forward to tomorrow! Did you get a GFA place?

Best of luck with the training and maybe will see you over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

RedRunner wrote: »
    Great stuff! I'm following Meno's plan. Started yesterday. Have a lovely 6 x 800m session to look forward to tomorrow! Did you get a GFA place?

Best of luck with the training and maybe will see you over there.

Hey, just be glad he got to you to tell you to only do 6! He told me to do 6 after I did the 10!! :D

Joking meno. :P

• Advertisement

Beef wrote: »
    Hey, just be glad he got to you to tell you to only do 6! He told me to do 6 after I did the 10!! :D

Joking meno. :P

Ha Ha..yes lucky indeed. I think I actually only did 8/10 when I first attempted it so hopefully can manage 6 this time round:)

Advertisement