Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

tang1 wrote: »
    Big conrats & round of applause for our very own PM, just crowned New Poster of the Year on the A/R Forum. Let me be the first to say PM the award is totally deserved, thanks for your valuable input and inspiration over the past 12 months.

Thanks to everyone here for voting for me. If ever the phrase couldn't have done it without you applies it does here. I'd hazard a guess that most if not all votes came from here so thanks again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Big conrats & round of applause for our very own PM, just crowned New Poster of the Year on the A/R Forum. Let me be the first to say PM the award is totally deserved, thanks for your valuable input and inspiration over the past 12 months.
    Indeed, well deserved. And no better man to lead next years group of novices. Well done PM, happy Christmas to you and an injury free new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

rasher_m wrote: »
    Well didn't Murphy say 'the controversy around dry needling'
    ...this can mean a multitude so maybe we need Murph to elaborate ;)

I'm just referring to the fact that many consider dry needling to be a form of acupuncture (some practitioners deny this but there appears to be quite an overlap)... And of course acupuncture is considered by many to be a pseudoscience.

That's all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

ncmc wrote: »
    Indeed, well deserved. And no better man to lead next years group of novices. Well done PM, happy Christmas to you and an injury free new year!
    +1 Great stuff PM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

ncmc wrote: »
    +1 well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Well done & well deserved. Top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Now that you've reached the pinnacle of posting on boards.... Get off tinternet, get ur leg fixed and get back running ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Well done PM, you were very good preparing the spreadsheet even on the weeks when you wern't training. :)
    And you took the flack on your log very well, I would've been banned if I was responding to some of the posts. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Anybody know of a race around Dublin/Kildare/Meath in February next year? I've checked the usual places like Run Ireland etc but nothing. Some races aren't advertised, anybody know of any??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭FiiFii

Well done PM - delighted you got it, well deserved:D

• Advertisement

Anybody know of a race around Dublin/Kildare/Meath in February next year? I've checked the usual places like Run Ireland etc but nothing. Some races aren't advertised, anybody know of any??

What about the half marathon that Career_Move mentioned....
    Mount Juliet is located just 10 minutes from the M9 Motorway, 30 minutes north of Waterford and approximately 1 hour from Dublin.

Would be as handy to get to as Dublin to Meath or Kildare.

What about the half marathon that Career_Move mentioned....
    Mount Juliet is located just 10 minutes from the M9 Motorway, 30 minutes north of Waterford and approximately 1 hour from Dublin.

Would be as handy to get to as Dublin to Meath or Kildare.

Thanks for the suggestion rasher but €40 for a half is just crazy. Maybe 5 years ago but not now.

Thanks for the suggestion rasher but €40 for a half is just crazy. Maybe 5 years ago but not now.

Yeah I know what ya mean. Only other race would be the Parkruns as far as I can see. Have you doen any of them yet?

Yeah I know what ya mean. Only other race would be the Parkruns as far as I can see. Have you doen any of them yet?

Not yet, but looking like i'll be doing a few next February.

Not yet, but looking like i'll be doing a few next February.

You'd do quite well in them, you'd be up with the front runners for sure. It might give you a bit of a boost after being out for so long as well.

You'd do quite well in them, you'd be up with the front runners for sure. It might give you a bit of a boost after being out for so long as well.

Dont know about that, but cheers for vote of confidence. Tom Brennan 5k on 1.1.13 is first goal of year. You running?

Dont know about that, but cheers for vote of confidence. Tom Brennan 5k on 1.1.13 is first goal of year. You running?

I don't know whats happening with my leg, I have the physio tomorrow. I went for a 4 mile walk tonight and its even sore when walking now. My ankle is swollen. If he says that its minor then I'll rest it and start training for the AXA 5 miler. Nothing special but it will keep me fit. My sister is talking about running the Connemarra half so we might train for that one together.

I don't know whats happening with my leg, I have the physio tomorrow. I went for a 4 mile walk tonight and its even sore when walking now. My ankle is swollen. If he says that its minor then I'll rest it and start training for the AXA 5 miler. Nothing special but it will keep me fit. My sister is talking about running the Connemarra half so we might train for that one together.

New physio if he doesn't sort you tomorrow, i believe Connemara is suppose to be beautiful and a seriously well run race. Its in my bucket list to do, was planning on Raheny myself but cant cause of work, sucks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

New physio if he doesn't sort you tomorrow, i believe Connemara is suppose to be beautiful and a seriously well run race. Its in my bucket list to do, was planning on Raheny myself but cant cause of work, sucks!!

For lotto winners only... €70 regardless of distance?? What a rob

Gavlor wrote: »

For lotto winners only... €70 regardless of distance?? What a rob

I agree totally with you, i'd only do it once at €70 a pop. Loads say its worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Gavlor wrote: »
    €70 regardless of distance??

That's why it's best to do the Ultra ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's why it's best to do the Ultra ;)

You're a glutton for punishment

Well I went over for the physio and he says I'm edging towards Tendonitis if I don't stop running and fast walking for a few weeks. He gave me a lovely massage in all fairness and my leg doesn't feel as bruised after it if that makes sense.
    So looks like I'll be on my bike for a few weeks.
    He gave me the usual exercises for the hamstrings, glutes etc since I've been over compensating and the pain has spread up the leg from the ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Perfect climate for the dcm proud finisher shirt! 8.6m done with my new and very first garmin! And focused on chirunning form all the way, and it defo making a big difference. A lot less pressure on my lower legs which always suffer. Avg pace 9;30. Loved having the watch and watching heart rate etc. together the watch and improving form has me excited for 2013 and improved marathon times hopefully! Now I'm off for a dose of 'the stick' !

Well I went over for the physio and he says I'm edging towards Tendonitis if I don't stop running and fast walking for a few weeks. He gave me a lovely massage in all fairness and my leg doesn't feel as bruised after it if that makes sense.
    He gave me the usual exercises for the hamstrings, glutes etc since I've been over compensating and the pain has spread up the leg from the ankle.
    Jebus defo take a break and on the bike! But still doesn't sound like he has advised the route of the problem to avoid it reoccurring. The exercises are always important but there has to be more to it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭FiiFii

Sorry to hear that, pity we couldn't get one last run in before I head away. Fingers crossed for quick recovery!

FiiFii wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, pity we couldn't get one last run in before I head away. Fingers crossed for quick recovery!

Ah thanks FiFi, I was actually hoping I'd be okay to get in our run before you go as well.
    Sure we'll catch up again when you get home, if you aren't having so much fun that you never want to come back ;)

Tumbleweed....

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Tumbleweed....
    my training plan now consists of eating as many mince pies and chocolates as I can stuff into myself. Running can wait till Stephens day !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

With 3 solid weeks behind us (and given the week it is) it's time for a recovery week so no sessions this week. You can do strides on one or more of your easy runs if that suits. I know a few of you have a race on St Stephens day, so take Thursday as a recovery run if so.

Most people probably won't run on Christmas day, but it is worth considering doing a Goal Mile....there should be one close to you and it might be interesting to see how fast you can run a single mile before tucking into the Christmas dinner. Check out this page for races in your area: http://www.goal.ie/GOAL_Mile/146

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |5 mile easy|rest/eat and drink|5 miles easy with strides|3 miles easy|5m easy |rest/cross|LSR (10-13 miles)

Finally: Happy Christmas to everyone

Advertisement