Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

pconn062 wrote: »

What's the target tang? Sub 20?

Heres hoping anyway, feel in sub 20 shape. Big goal is to beat 19.49 & new PB. Be nice way to kick the year off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

tang1 wrote: »
    Heres hoping anyway, feel in sub 20 shape. Big goal is to beat 19.49 & new PB. Be nice way to kick the year off.

Good stuff, would be a nice way to put last year behind you as well! Best of luck, hope you get a good day for it.

pconn062 wrote: »

Good stuff, would be a nice way to put last year behind you as well! Best of luck, hope you get a good day for it.

Cheers, just be nice to get back racing to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

No bother to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Big goal is to beat 19.49 & new PB. Be nice way to kick the year off.

You'll walk that!;) I reckon you'll break 19.30 anyway.

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »

If i keep you in sight i will.

If i keep you in sight i will.

Ha, no pressure so. Reverse psychology, I like it.;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

blockic wrote: »
    I see your joining the cool people J :D Good stuff :D

I see your joining the cool people J :D Good stuff :D

Have to keep you on your toes like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

LSR planned for tomorrow morning - as it stands I've 1478km run so far this year, so I've 22km to round it out to 1500km. Hopefully I'll manage that before NYE.

• Advertisement

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    LSR planned for tomorrow morning - as it stands I've 1478km run so far this year, so I've 22km to round it out to 1500km. Hopefully I'll manage that before NYE.

Made me check my own Dilbert, have just over 8km myself left to hit 1,500km for year. Should manage that no more than yourself.

BTW my new Boards AC t-shirt got its first outing (post-Christmas-delivery) yesterday - we were up with the rellies so we ran part of the marathon route (in reverse) from KCR down to Sundrive Garda station. Last time we ran those roads...;) T-shirts are class - was almost waiting to be accosted by an otherwise-random stranger and told that they were so-and-so from boards!

Also myself & Mrs. D have closed our 2012 fundraising efforts and have raised a tidy €1,100 for Aware - http://www.aware.ie & http://www.leanonme.net are two great resources that many of us or those around us may need at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Made me check my own Dilbert, have just over 8km myself left to hit 1,500km for year. Should manage that no more than yourself.

Well done you two, My inactivity over recent weeks mean I've blown my chance of hitting 1500 km this year...I'll run my 900th mile later today though, so not too shabby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lying in bed with the mother and father of all hangovers :( I'm supposed to be running the duncannon 8k in 2.5 hours and right now I can't put one foot in front of the other! Running is really getting in the way of my alcoholism

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I'm also hungover. There'll be no running today.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Lying in bed with the mother and father of all hangovers :( I'm supposed to be running the duncannon 8k in 2.5 hours and right now I can't put one foot in front of the other! Running is really getting in the way of my alcoholism

Nope, not going to happen. Oh the shame of it!

Not trying to make you both feel worse but I'm just back from 19.14km in 1:39:19 and am delighted I did it. :)

Had my brother for company - he's home from London for Christmas and just starting his next training plan for the Richmond marathon, so it was his first step back into running after a few weeks of a break. Was again nice not to be running alone.

Only 3k or thereabouts left for the 1500 total - dog could be getting more than she's bargaining on when we go for her walk tomorrow!

Nope, not going to happen. Oh the shame of it!

You doing the Goal mile on Duncannon strand on New Year's Day?

This place, combined with a nagging other half, is a great motivator!! We made the start line with about 5 mins to spare. A pre race puke meant that I wasn't going to be racing so I did the 8k With herself at a lovely 10min/mile pace, hangover now gone and everton now 1 up v Chelsea :)

You doing the Goal mile on Duncannon strand on New Year's Day?

Doubt it very much, you?

• Advertisement

Doubt it very much, you?

Perhaps - did it last year alright - we'll see what's going on on the day before we decide.

Good on you though for getting out today - bet you're glad now that you did!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Wow Gavlor, that is serious dedication there, I think we have a late contender for 'most htfu shown this year'!

So I am back after going into total hibernation for the last 10 days. Have barely moved off the couch except to go to the pub or reach for more chocolates. So this meant that on Dec 30th I still had 12 miles left to complete my 1000 miles!

So it was with a heavy heart, feeling of dread and a belly wobbling like a bowl full of jelly that I set out today. Driving cold rain and wind meant it wasn't the most enjoyable run of the year, but by gum it felt good to be out there after a 10 day sabbatical! Did a leisurely 6 miles today, will do another 6 tomorrow. I had a feeling when I set myself the 1000 mile target, it could be New Year's Eve when I got the final mile done (I was always a 'do my homework on a Sunday night, finish packing 5 mins before leaving the house' kinda girl!)

Will report back tomorrow... Hopefully with my 1000th mile under my belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭FiiFii

Greetings all from snowy Canada!

So as it turns out, packing up your life to go travelling and celebrating Christmas are not conducive to a good running week.. (who'd have guessed it..) so only got a measly 3 miles in on Xmas eve. Made it to final destination after over 40 hrs travelling but seem to have picked up a bit of a cold and sore throat along the way:( Gonna do the sensible thing and rest for a few days so that's all my running over for 2012!

Made the 1,500km mark last wk which was delighted with. Congrats to those hitting their targets for yr (docjewel, how on earth did you have a life while hitting 2,000 miles :) ) and best of luck to those closing off targets on 31st!

Oh, and packed the boards t-shirt so once got over this cold It'll be out there making its Canadian debut:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sorry I am a bit late with this today. I almost forgot today was a Sunday :o

Anyways the plan this week is:

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |5 mile easy|rest/cross|session*|3 miles recovery|5m easy |rest/cross|LSR (10-13 miles)

Session:

5 milers: 1 miles easy warm up followed by 1 x 2 miles @ goal pace (5 minute recoveries) and 3 x 1 mile @ Goal pace (3 minute recoveries) 1 mile easy cool-down

10kers 1 mile easy warm up followed by 2 x 2 mile (5 minute recoveries) and then 2 x 1 mile (3-4 minute recoveries) all at goal pace. 1 mile cool-down.

10 Milers: 1 mile easy warmup followed by 2 x 3 mile (5 minute recovery jog) and 1 x 2 mile (3-4 minute recovery jog) 1 mile easy cool down.

Now I know a lot of people are racing the 5k on Tuesday so I suggest they do the 3 mile recovery on Wednesday instead of Thursday. It is perfectly fine for anyone racing to just forget about the session this week as a race will be tougher on the body than any training, however if they really want to they can do the session instead of the weekend LSR (it is likely to be over 10 miles anyway) but only if you are feeling totally recovered from the race and not suffering any niggles.

Best of luck!!

P.S. maybe see a good few of you on Tuesday??? We can all go for a nice cool-down jog after the race if there's any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Just back from 7 mile session, the first workout on the P&D 55m 18 week plan. 7.30am start to avoid the strong Aussie sun but still quite hot out there :D Thought I'd get it out of the way early as I'll be bringing the new year in with lots of bubbly stuff in a fancy glass and probably won't want to be running for a day or 2 after :p

So I have eventually logged over 500 miles on our wee spreadsheet - that's from June and many missed weeks through injury. I'm game for the 1000 mile challenge for 2013 so I'm off now to register for that before the New Year celebrations begin. Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

FiiFii wrote: »
    docjewel, how on earth did you have a life while hitting 2,000 miles

The way things are looking for next year I will be hard pushed to come anywhere close to that but am gonna try & concentrate on quality rather than quantity ;)

Taking a leaf out of career_moves's log I have pulled out the Wii with the intention of doing a session of EAactive2 on the days I can't run.Did 2 sessions over the last 2 days & all was going well enough until I had to some reverse ab crunches,oh boy were they tough:or

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

A heavy cold since xmas day put the brakes on training last week unfortunately.

Got 6 miles in yesterday @ 7:20/mile pace and felt every bit of it. Going to knock out the session today hopefully.

Signed up for ferrycarraig 5 mile, using it as a tune up for enniscorthy 10k.

Happy new year folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

1000th mile done just in the nick of time :)

Happy new year everyone, here's wishing an injury free, PB laden 2013 to one and all.

Xxx N

6 miles done very slowly today to bring me over the 1,500km for the year. Not a bad years running for me, pb'd in every distance i've ran this year. Some big improvements in some distances and some work to be done on others in 2013. Have made contact with some very nice people on these Boards the past 12 months to, not going to name any names, ye know who ye are. Hopefully see some of you tomorrow to kick the year off.

Happy New Year DCM Graduates 2012.

• Advertisement

Just crossed 1500km with my 5m easy (?) run. Time to walk the dog now!

Happy 2013 to you all and thanks to you all for the company and advice in 2012. It's been a blast! Talk to you again next year.

Advertisement