Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Not if you live in Laois :(

We don't start until 09:30 @ parkrun, you'd make it up easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Briefly looked into setting up a Parkrun down here in the sticks - but it costs around bloody 6k to set up. Don't know where the money goes but I pretty much have up on the idea at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

How are people set for Raheny/Dungarvan on Sunday?!

P&D taking it out of me at the moment, legs are wrecked every morning! Hopefully I hit sub 65 on Sunday in Dungarvan, but if not I'm not to bothered about it, not as if it's my goal race or anything, need to focus on the long term targets rather than trying to get PBs in every race I run.:cool:

Are people round here getting decked out in their boards tops?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

blockic wrote: »

P&D taking it out of me at the moment, legs are wrecked every morning! Hopefully I hit sub 65 on Sunday in Dungarvan, but if not I'm not to bothered about it, not as if it's my goal race or anything, need to focus on the long term targets rather than trying to get PBs in every race I run.:cool:

A nice easy 8.5 miles tonight @ 7.15 mpm just to tune up for Sunday. Spanner in the works is a dinner dance on Friday night, free bar etc. I'm sticking to a 5 pint limit but I may target 6.30 mpm or so for dungarvan if your interested?? I'll see how I am that morn, sub 60 could be about 4 pints beyond me!!

Gavlor wrote: »
    A nice easy 8.5 miles tonight @ 7.15 mpm just to tune up for Sunday. Spanner in the works is a dinner dance on Friday night, free bar etc. I'm sticking to a 5 pint limit but I may target 6.30 mpm or so for dungarvan if your interested?? I'll see how I am that morn, sub 60 could be about 4 pints beyond me!!

Haha, I forgot to mention I'm also going out Friday night on the sauce, important occasion so can't miss it. Is 5 pints our limit so? I'll be on the floor by 5 anyway! :pac:

Yeah, like you I'll see how I am, but 6:30s might be a goer if i'm fresh. Sure you can kick on at mile 2 then! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

For Raheny, I don't plan on pushing it, have had a hard few weeks running and played a lot of football, inc tonight. Will aim for 10k pace and see how it goes.

All my training is 5k based, so I'm interested to see how my pace holds in mile 4-5.
    Between football and running I haven't had a rest day in 2 weeks, It's a classic over training scenario! ( that's all my excuses out of the way.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Good luck on Sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Haha, I forgot to mention I'm also going out Friday night on the sauce, important occasion so can't miss it. Is 5 pints our limit so? I'll be on the floor by 5 anyway! :pac:

Yeah, like you I'll see how I am, but 6:30s might be a goer if i'm fresh. Sure you can kick on at mile 2 then! ;):D
    They times I can only dream about!!!
    That's about my interval speed lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Best of luck to everyone on Sunday! Sounds like there’s been a few issues with illness/injuries/tiredness, hopefully all will come together for the start line.

I think as we all get more experienced and do more races, we have to accept that not every race is going to result in a PB and that in some races we are going to be a bit tired or have an off day.

Just hope everyone goes and gives it their best and has an enjoyable race!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

:)Got confirmation last night from Mrs docjewel that she gas arranged a few hours off from work on Sunday so I can run the John Treacy 10.Really looking forward to this as its a local race fro me so very little travelling.

On the down side have woken up this morning with aches & pains all over with a really stuffed up nose/head:((kids & OH have had colds for the last 2 weeks so it was probably on the cards that I'd pick up something.)
    Was thinking about a small run later but for a change am gonna take the advice of others on this thread & rest up as much as possible until Sunday & hope this cold.

Will be wearing my Boards top on Sunday so don't be shy,come over & say hello.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Good luck to all running the weekend, hope you all hit the numbers ye want.

Sorry now that i didn't enter dungarvan, next time maybe.

Keep her lit....:)

ncmc wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone on Sunday! Sounds like there’s been a few issues with illness/injuries/tiredness, hopefully all will come together for the start line.

I think as we all get more experienced and do more races, we have to accept that not every race is going to result in a PB and that in some races we are going to be a bit tired or have an off day.

Just hope everyone goes and gives it their best and has an enjoyable race!

Take that middle paragraph back!!!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Take that middle paragraph back!!!
    Well obviously it doesn't apply to super duper runners like yourself, just for us mere mortals ;)

Well obviously it doesn't apply to super duper runners like yourself, just for us mere mortals ;)

My cynic senses are tingling ;)

A pb is a pb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

First day in a week feeling reasonably healthy but not going for a run in this weather, decision on whether to run Dungarvan will be made on Sunday morning I think.

I don't fancy driving 2.5hrs to not enjoy a run then have to drive 2.5hrs home again.

Hope you're ok for it Killian. The 1750 could be dwindling though - Mrs D is out too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭docrock

upthe19th wrote: »

Keep her lit....:)

Ha ha, I havent heard that since DCM12 - I met him somewhere along the route, yer man with all the tattoos, a great breath of fresh air even when the going was getting tough;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Was real struggle to find motivation this evening to keep this consecutive days running going. Then just after half 9 i heard the tragic news that a colleague had been shot dead in Dundalk doing his job. Probably the saddest 6 & a bit miles i've ran since i took it up. Be thankful we all can run cause you dont know whats around the corner. Best of luck to all running this weekend, give her holly.

tang1 wrote: »
    Was real struggle to find motivation this evening to keep this consecutive days running going. Then just after half 9 i heard the tragic news that a colleague had been shot dead in Dundalk doing his job. Probably the saddest 6 & a bit miles i've ran since i took it up. Be thankful we all can run cause you dont know whats around the corner. Best of luck to all running this weekend, give her holly.

Very sorry to hear that tang, shocking news that. It's a very thankless job you do. My thoughts are with the family. Totally agree with you in terms of how lucky we are to just be able to do something as simple as running. Will try my best on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Sorry to hear that Tang, terrible terrible news.

It's shocking. Poor man. I hope they catch the scumbags responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Sorry to hear that Tang, terrible terrible news.
    +1 there's some sh1tty people in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Was so sad to hear about, it being from Louth myself. Such a senseless act and for what, some money. Feel sick to my stomach over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

It's shocking, and even worse leaving a young family behind. I'm sure they will be caught.

Very well said Tang. A truly shocking occurrence last night. I'm sure all the force feel it very badly. Thoughts with his widow and children.

Best of luck to everyone racing tomorrow. Looking forward to reading all the race reports and hopefully tales of lots of PB's!

Very well said Tang. A truly shocking occurrence last night. I'm sure all the force feel it very badly. Thoughts with his widow and children.
    +1

On the race tomorrow, I'm just back from walking my dog and I sure hope the weather improves by tomorrow, or I'll be doing well to break 90min for 10m, never mind a pb.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    +1

On the race tomorrow, I'm just back from walking my dog and I sure hope the weather improves by tomorrow, or I'll be doing well to break 90min for 10m, never mind a pb.

It's horrible, that wind would send you backwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Feel a chill coming on! Can't budge off the couch. Don't fancy jumping into a lake and swamp tomorrow for this hell&back! Hopefully a good sleep and a hot whiskey will sort it out. Good luck to everyone racing tmw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Going to skip Dungarvan & try & get a few miles under the belt at home. Weather permitting, if its ****, I'll get some treadmill work done.

Advertisement