Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

6m at 9.55pace done.

First time out in 10 days with manflu. Felt pretty weak all the way around but did it and really glad to have got back out. Rest tomorrow and a speed session for Thursday {sad face}

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Deedee2012 wrote: »

I can assure you that you are not the slowest here......that would be me!
    Although it is starting to get a bit intimidating round here with all these speedsters
    Think I can nominate myself for slowest here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

dechol wrote: »
    Think I can nominate myself for slowest here too!

+1 for the easy runner award, but we are all on a journey and that is what counts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I received my cork number in post today! 34.... Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

34... Cool! The early bird gets the.... Eh, low number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

Walkedit wrote: »
    +1 for the easy runner award, but we are all on a journey and that is what counts

+1 to that - I can definitely add my name to the list:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Fair play to you for taking an elite number... No pressure ;)

Gavlor wrote: »

Fair play to you for taking an elite number... No pressure ;)
    Ha if I can finish in 34th position I will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Yea great Idea I think I'll do the same beforehand. I used to walk the dogs on this route years ago.. plenty of flowing up & down & windy roads. My Dad lives out there too. take it easy after a slipped disc!

Will do. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

8miles this evening, first run in 3 days due to work commitments. My consecutive days running in January came to an end at 25, not bad i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

tang1 wrote: »
    My consecutive days running in January came to an end at 25, not bad i suppose.

Holy jebus. Take a rest, will you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

8miles this evening, first run in 3 days due to work commitments. My consecutive days running in January came to an end at 25, not bad i suppose.

Great month for you tang even to get 25 consecutive days is some achievement and you have put up great mileage too! No chance I will ever get to that! I needs me rest days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Great stuff. Mine better come tomorrow, or I'll be freaking out. :P

Impressive number of consecutive days running. But just out of curiosity, I've read a lot that rest days are very important so how do you reconcile that with your approach? Is it regulation of the intensity, making sure there are some very easy runs thrown in there too or something else?

RedRunner wrote: »

Impressive number of consecutive days running. But just out of curiosity, I've read a lot that rest days are very important so how do you reconcile that with your approach? Is it regulation of the intensity, making sure there are some very easy runs thrown in there too or something else?

To be honest it was an idea i got in my head mid December to run everyday in January. I found the 25 days i did run consecutively comfortable didnt run more than 12 miles and no less than 2. There was a good bit of easy running in it, aswell as Meno's weekly session from here. I was glad of the rest the past 3 days though. Dont know if this answers your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

To be honest it was an idea i got in my head mid December to run everyday in January. I found the 25 days i did run consecutively comfortable didnt run more than 12 miles and no less than 2. There was a good bit of easy running in it, aswell as Meno's weekly session from here. I was glad of the rest the past 3 days though. Dont know if this answers your questions.

Jaysus you put my 3 runs a week to shame. I really need to get the finger out

Gavlor wrote: »

Jaysus you put my 3 runs a week to shame. I really need to get the finger out

If i was as fast as you i'd only run 3 times a week to!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Ha Ha! I got mine yesterday stephen. It's 33....what are the chances:D

Got a bit of a fright....checked my passport....it doesn't say kenyan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

I'm a bit under the weather this week, having cranked my weekly mileage up to 27.8 mostly easy miles last week, I'm home from work today and sat in bed now feeling all flu'y, thinking my 3 miles early on Mon might be it for the week!

Thought I'd share a little bit of Parkrun joy as we've had so many boardies the last few weeks and I've been enjoying so much the helping run it side of things that I've not actually run it since week #2 - 10 weeks ago.

There is such a massive feel good factor about it, with everyone doing their own pace, as easy or hard as they want. If you get a chance do come along to Malahide or Marlay (from 9th March)

Here's how last week looked on 26th Jan, Parkrun Malahide Youtube Video of how it went, sadly this was not from the wet bit - maybe next week. Look out for little Jamie, only 7 and now with 18 Parkruns done!

I thought afterwards that Jamie warranted a finish pic also

8423147759_b3d823531a.jpg

ah bless, Little Jamie and Dad Jason finishing Parkrun

upthe19th wrote: »
    Ha Ha! I got mine yesterday stephen. It's 33....what are the chances:D

Got a bit of a fright....checked my passport....it doesn't say kenyan:D

That's brilliant! the pressure is on to perform in these numbers now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

I'm a bit under the weather this week, having cranked my weekly mileage up to 27.8 mostly easy miles last week, I'm home from work today and sat in bed now feeling all flu'y, thinking my 3 miles early on Mon might be it for the week!

Thought I'd share a little bit of Parkrun joy as we've had so many boardies the last few weeks and I've been enjoying so much the helping run it side of things that I've not actually run it since week #2 - 10 weeks ago.

There is such a massive feel good factor about it, with everyone doing their own pace, as easy or hard as they want. If you get a chance do come along to Malahide or Marlay (from 9th March)

[/I]

Ah bless him - wish I lived closer to Dublin - would love that on a Saturday mornin - you get fed up running on your own all the time. Did my session this morning which was neon impossible with the wind - felt like Usain Bolt at one stage with the wind in my back pushing me along! I'm sure the neighbours found it funny - don't think I every ran so fast:)

I'm not 100% since last week, bit chesty. Hell&Back didn't help. Anyway have the running gear with me to jog home from work today 10.5miles... looks wild out!
    I signed up for Wexford Half (21st April) just now... I'll only be home from HOlidays but it's good timing for Cork Prep.

+1 to that. I've emailed them just now to see if i can volunteer this weekend as still out with injury.

Speedy recovery Walkedit!

Sure does ! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I'm not 100% since last week, bit chesty. Hell&Back didn't help. Anyway have the running gear with me to jog home from work today 10.5miles... looks wild out!
    I signed up for Wexford Half (21st April) just now... I'll only be home from HOlidays but it's good timing for Cork Prep.

Hope the wind is blowing the right way for you out there - fairly wild at lunchtime

kit3 wrote: »
    Hope the wind is blowing the right way for you out there - fairly wild at lunchtime

Yea I was worried but when I got out there was either no wind or it was behind me all the way! If it was behind me it didn't help much as It was Avg page 10:20ish the whole way home. I find the wind so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Did Menos session last night 1 mile warmup 2 miles HMP (7.31, 7.23) 2 miles MP (8.20, 8.25) 2 miles HMP (7.25, 7.26) and 2 mile cool down. Enjoyed it and felt grand with the HMP miles but holy sh1t the wind blowing in my face from Heuston station out as far as chapelizod was unbelieveable, had to work a good bit harder to keep on pace but that's all worth it I keep telling myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Just entered the Great Limerick Run :eek:, last day at the early bird rate if anyone's thinking about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Runchick wrote: »
    Just entered the Great Limerick Run :eek:, last day at the early bird rate if anyone's thinking about it :)

Yep im in for this too, decent number from this thread doing it I think. The more the merrier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

A quick lunchtime 5k today around Ballymun and Santry. Wind and lashing rain. Meant to do an easy run but ended up at 3:45 marathon pace. Must have been the wind.

Advertisement