Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Trial / test run for Marlay Parkrun done this morning. its a great course with steady start, up through the forest then a testing but very manageable uphill leading to a fast gentle downhill / flat to the finish.

Starts & finishes behind the house & is very much in front of the general public using the park which should generate a decent atmosphere. The market and coffee shop is there at the start/finish area as well which will keep waiting families & kids occupied & entertained while partners are running.

Anyone planning on attending can park in the rear (college rd) car park and use the 5 min jog down to warm up, or you can bus it to the Grange Rd entrance, theres a stop right outside the gates. Apparently close to 200 have registered for it so there'll be a great crowd next week for the first official run.
    Great! Really looking forward to this next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow, whether it's Bohermeen or Ballycotton or elsewhere. I have to admit to being kinda envious of you all - as always, enjoy it and don't fret too much if it doesn't turn out quite as you'd hoped, just as long as you've given it your best shot on the day.

+1

Looking forward to the race reports tomorrow eve!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭miguelk

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow, whether it's Bohermeen or Ballycotton or elsewhere. I have to admit to being kinda envious of you all - as always, enjoy it and don't fret too much if it doesn't turn out quite as you'd hoped, just as long as you've given it your best shot on the day.

+2

I'm #53 tomorrow in bohermeen so don't be shy. Good luck to all, biggest race for me since dcm12. I hope you all get the just rewards for putting in those miles over the winter months, and at the end of the day, regardless of the result, you have a summer of running and long evenings (or bright mornings) to look forward to, and a healthy base to build from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

^^^ well said Miguel! Good luck everybody tomorrow! The weather is looking good so the good luck has started already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Good luck to all tomorrow, leave it all out there and enjoy.
    Picked up a copy of 'born to run' today... Looking fwd to getting into it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Best of luck everyone, run strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

To add to everyone else above, best of luck to all racing tomorrow. Weather looks like it will be perfect so just go out and give your all, that's all that matters!

Weird that this thread is on page 64 for me and I'm number 64 in Bohermeen tomorrow!!:D

Come up and say hello if ya see me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Good luck tomorrow racers. I will have a packet of fig rolls ready and many cups of tea to hand for the reports...so don't be brief;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Put the entry in for Cork City Marathon today. No going back now.

Any hotel recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Good luck n best wishes to u all running today, really looking forward to reading all the race reports! Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Run fast & safe everyone.

theres lots of love on this thread recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

20 miles at 9.22 pace. Was half way down the road when I realised I had forgotten to bring a gel but ran on anyway. Big mistake - hit the wall at 18 miles, well legs turned to jelly, and last 2 miles reminded me what the end of a marathon is like! Chocolate milk never tasted so good when I got home :P

Can't wait to read all the race reports later. Best of luck to everyone racing today, have fun out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

Good luck to everyone racing,hope all goes well and look forward to the race reports later.

18 miles done this morning,found the last 2 really hard but that's 45 done this week :D and just hit 250 for the year so really happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Another one up to 20m already! Well done Runchick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

11.39 miles @9:05 pace. A couple @HM pace. Legs were tired enough but reasonably pleased with how it went. This was my bggest mileage week in a long time.

Looking forward , like others , to hear how everyone got on with their races today.

20m at 9.56 planned.

20m at 9.56 done. First time I've hit the target bang on.

Is it just me or does everyone start their LSR at target pace, feel good for most of it, then by the lest few miles it's a struggle to keep that pace? Or do you all glide your way through the complete distance easy as pie?

Good pace there Runchick, 9.22 for your LSR; you're leaving me behind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Blockic 1.21.39 in Bohermeen, savage running again by him.

tang1 wrote: »

Wow :D

20m at 9.56 planned.

20m at 9.56 done. First time I've hit the target bang on.

Is it just me or does everyone start their LSR at target pace, feel good for most of it, then by the lest few miles it's a struggle to keep that pace? Or do you all glide your way through the complete distance easy as pie?

Good pace there Runchick, 9.22 for your LSR; you're leaving me behind!

Hi Killian this is the first LSR for me where I've felt strong throughout and held an even pace. I do a 10 min warm up mile at the start and same at the end. Even with jelly legs towards the end today I was able to hold the pace. Before today my LSRs were similar to what you describe, with pace slowing in the latter miles, so I guess it just comes with time.

So are we chasing the 4 hour pacers in Limerick?? ;)

Runchick wrote: »

So are we chasing the 4 hour pacers in Limerick?? ;)

Based on today its 4.15 for me but I have to say, it's tempting. I promised myself to be happy with 4.15 in Limerick & push 4 for DCM13; but the gap really is getting smaller! I have 3 more 20m runs & 8 weeks before I have to decide! Knowing me, I'll decide on the start line.

• Advertisement

career_move 1.36.34 in Bohermeen, new PB for her i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

career_move 1.36.34 in Bohermeen, new PB for her i think.

Well done CM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Garristown 10k today for me. Pb from nov was 47:18.
    Today was all hills!!! 70% either up or down.. So it was hard to get a rhythm going. Fastest pace was 5:38 and I had to reduce to 10;08 on one big hill so you get the idea. The start was up the Main Street and I felt it straight away. Anyway my garmin said I did 44:55 so I'm delighted. I'd a good bit of mileage this week too.
    Full report later on my log. Hope everyone else did great, looking good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Just back from Ballycotton, unofficially clocked myself at 75:53, a 6 min pb for my 10 mile. :D Marathon miles are definitely helping, felt very tired at the end, but after half a mars bar, I could happily have ambled up to another starting line. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I ran 1:26 myself, so as off today he is officially barred from this thread :D

menoscemo wrote: »

He better purchase a nice shiney bullseye ;)

Some running, he's a machine

menoscemo wrote: »

You thought to well oh great one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

1.36 for me today in Bohermeen, a pb by almost 5 minutes from the Dublin half last year so happy with my days work. 63 days to Limerick! Will post a report later when I get near a computer. Credit to Bohermeen, a lovely course, atmosphere, organisation and added brownie points for bottled water!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Gavlor wrote: »

He better purchase a nice shiney bullseye ;)

Some running, he's a machine

Takes one to know one there Gavlor! :)

• Advertisement

Takes one to know one there Gavlor! :)

Haha, if I only had his level of commitment and his youthfulness ;)

Advertisement