Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Marlay parkrun done - somewhere around 360 people in the drizzle for its first outing.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, 25.40 for my first outing - 3.15 off the PB though the last 5k I did was for OT!

8.19/159bpm
    8.52/161bpm
    7.53/162bpm
    (36sec/170bpm)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Marlay parkrun done - somewhere around 360 people in the drizzle for its first outing.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, 25.40 for my first outing - 3.15 off the PB though the last 5k I did was for OT!

8.19/159bpm
    8.52/161bpm
    7.53/162bpm
    (36sec/170bpm)

Well done Killian, always nice to get a PB in whatever guise:)

Did Malahide ParkRun this morning. 23:20...No PB but happy with the run.Had one eye on next weekend's HM so wasn't going to try anything foolhardy.Got boxed in for first few hundred metres but that didnt really bother me at time. Also considering the 5 pints and spicy Thai meal I had last night, not bad going.
    Breakfast this morning consisted of 1 x Glass Water with Solpadeine plus 1.5 bananas.

2 mile warmup @10:12
    Followed by 3.03 miles: 7:37,7:55, 7:36, (5:51)
    Felt strong at the end of run and recovered very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

8.19/159bpm
    8.52/161bpm
    7.53/162bpm
    (36sec/170bpm)[/Quote
    PB by over 3 mins , well done , u must b delighted! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

Marlay parkrun done this morning aswell. A lovely course, the hill at the half way point was tough. Another well run event. Garmin has me at 20:54 but will wait for the email from parkrun to see what they have me down as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

67.26 in Bundoran 10mile this morning. A new PB by nearly 6 minutes, delighted with that. Only have brief reception on my iphone so will do a decent report tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

tang1 wrote: »
    67.26 in Bundoran 10mile this morning. A new PB by nearly 6 minutes, delighted with that. Only have brief reception on my iphone so will do a decent report tomorrow evening.

Super run tang! Not an easy course either! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Just under 24 mins for me in Marley this morning, about 20 secs slower than jingle bells a few months ago, happy enough as course was much harder than jingle bells, that hill at the half way point nearly killed me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Super stuff tang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Great running tang, super stuff to PB by 6 mins. Looking fwd to the report.

• Advertisement

Wow great run , well done u!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Well done tang1, All that running at insane hours is paying off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

That's amazing stuff tang. You're gonna take the enniscorthy HM apart altogether with that sort of running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

That is a serious time, absolutely fantastic, well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Good man tang! Some improvement!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great run, tang1. I was 14 mins behind you at 1:21:32 but happy with a 4-minute PB myself. Very well-organised race and what a great spread afterwards in the school. Nice course but the section on the by-pass into the wind was tough going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

murphd77 wrote: »

Great run, tang1. I was 14 mins behind you at 1:21:32 but happy with a 4-minute PB myself. Very well-organised race and what a great spread afterwards in the school. Nice course but the section on the by-pass into the wind was tough going.

Thats a very good result murph, you've come on yoursef as well.

Good work tang, things are going well now after your injury last year.

murphd77 wrote: »

Great running Murph,congrats. Brilliant to see all the progress in the "group"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

It's great to read about all the great running today! Well done:-) I've been in bed sick all day, missing my LSR and tomorrow's run too by the look of things :( Kids have been sick all week so their germs have finally caught up with me!
    It's hard to think that I'll be running a half marathon in 2 weeks the way I'm feeling now but hopefully I get back out there soon...it's weird how much I am missing lacing up the trainers even though I feel dreadful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

RedRunner wrote: »
    Did Malahide ParkRun this morning. 23:20...No PB but happy with the run.Had one eye on next weekend's HM so wasn't going to try anything foolhardy.Got boxed in for first few hundred metres but that didnt really bother me at time. Also considering the 5 pints and spicy Thai meal I had last night, not bad going.
    Breakfast this morning consisted of 1 x Glass Water with Solpadeine plus 1.5 bananas.

2 mile warmup @10:12
    Followed by 3.03 miles: 7:37,7:55, 7:36, (5:51)
    Felt strong at the end of run and recovered very quickly.

A contradiction in terms :D

• Advertisement

Runchick wrote: »
    It's great to read about all the great running today! Well done:-) I've been in bed sick all day, missing my LSR and tomorrow's run too by the look of things :( Kids have been sick all week so their germs have finally caught up with me!
    It's hard to think that I'll be running a half marathon in 2 weeks the way I'm feeling now but hopefully I get back out there soon...it's weird how much I am missing lacing up the trainers even though I feel dreadful!

P&D creates Half Marathon machines...you'll be grand. :cool: Best to take tomorrow off in the long run!:D didnt even mean that one!

Get well soon!!

Aw not nice! Wishing u a speedy recovery, ur work all done anyway at this stage ,just focus on getting yourself well again n energy back to normal etc. good luck.

20 mile LSR today for me, wimped out a bit as I didn't do any PMP miles, just wanted to keep it slow after Bohermeen half. Felt fine, dare I say it, routine!Big props to my better half who did her first ever 20 miler today too, she looked fresh as a daisy when she came in the door, something is just not right about that!!

16m LSR done. Planned pace was 9.52 actual was 9.45.

Was happy with it, felt strong throughout, finished well and not as completely wrecked as last week. No water or gel either, forgot them. The wind was a killer though, seemed to be face on on all the up hill sections!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

16m LSR done. Planned pace was 9.52 actual was 9.45.

Was happy with it, felt strong throughout, finished well and not as completely wrecked as last week. No water or gel either, forgot them. The wind was a killer though, seemed to be face on on all the up hill sections!

Brilliant running Killian especially after a disheartening run earlier in the week. No stopping you ;)

Brilliant running Killian especially after a disheartening run earlier in the week. No stopping you ;)

Thanks, hope you get better soon but be careful while sick, don't overdo the exercise you'll just drain yourself out.

13 miles today @9:39 with much hillwork!
    Elevation gain was 188m. Fellow Boardsie MrRooney joined me for the trip.

Took a chance and wore my new Brooks Adrenalines that I only got yesterday to break them in but they needed no breaking in at all and felt great.

Mini taper week now up to HM next weekend.

Where's the HM RedRunner?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

blockic wrote: »
    Where's the HM RedRunner?

For gods sake don't tell him....its the near-taper madness talking ;-).

• Advertisement

upthe19th wrote: »
    For gods sake don't tell him....its the near-taper madness talking ;-).

Ah I'm tempted to dethrone the 'King' in the MSB on Saturday instead anyway!!:D

Advertisement