Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭New runner

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Thanks NR - run was actually moderately successful! 7.5km done with a slight twinge but off again to foam roll & salt bath and see where that brings me.
    That's good it improving, b careful n don't overdo it till it gets better! Injury so frustrating !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

You're right of course. I'm scheduled to rest till Wednesday but then do 16k with extras and 19k on Thursday. Might have to be cautious about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

26k LSR today, postponed from yesterday as had a bit of a cold.

Tough enough going into rain and wind for the first half. The rain resulted in first ever nipple chafing incident :eek

Good to be finished. Longest run since last October, had me on my feet for 2:35.

Tough enough going into rain and wind for the first half. The rain resulted in first ever nipple chafing incident :eek

Good to be finished. Longest run since last October, had me on my feet for 2:35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

murphd77 wrote: »

You doing a marathon soon Murph?

• Advertisement

rasher_m wrote: »
    You doing a marathon soon Murph?

Yep - Cork, June 3rd, so into week 8 of the training now (Hal Higdon Intermediate 2). Will do Omagh HM on Saturday week as part of the build-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Great news from one of the weather threads:
    We're leaving for hospital now to have a baby. Seeing the snow was exciting but now is a bit like ah FFS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Was in Limerick all day Thursday so didn't run then. Skipped Friday, parkrun Sat & family StPatricks day stuff yesterday meaning I missed 3 runs last week.

This week is really important that I get my ass in gear with 9 easy, 8m tempo, 8easy & 20LSR to do. Personally setting it as a week to measure my HTFU.

The next 4 weeks are the highest mileage I've ever done with 45/46/47/48 miles to do before taper to Limerick; and I'm entering the busiest time of the year in work to boot.

Moan over.

So how's the snow with everyone else!

Yep - Cork, June 3rd, so into week 8 of the training now (Hal Higdon Intermediate 2). Will do Omagh HM on Saturday week as part of the build-up.
    I doing omagh half too, then derry marathon day before ur cork marathon. Good luck!

Was in Limerick all day Thursday so didn't run then. Skipped Friday, parkrun Sat & family StPatricks day stuff yesterday meaning I missed 3 runs last week.

This week is really important that I get my ass in gear with 9 easy, 8m tempo, 8easy & 20LSR to do. Personally setting it as a week to measure my HTFU.

The next 4 weeks are the highest mileage I've ever done with 45/46/47/48 miles to do before taper to Limerick; and I'm entering the busiest time of the year in work to boot.

Moan over.

No bother to u Killian , u WILL do it!
    Snowing falling steadily here in the hills of Donegal :(

• Advertisement

New runner wrote: »
    I doing omagh half too, then derry marathon day before ur cork marathon. Good luck!

Thanks - same to you. Omagh will be my first half, actually, as I didn't do one on the build-up to DCM last year. Do you know much about the course? I've driven through Omagh many times and it seems pretty flat in the vicinity (but then again, everything looks "pretty flat" when you're not on foot)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Distance|PB 31/12/12|2013 Aim|Current PB
    5K | 23:47 | 22:xx | 23:47
    5M | 50:54 | 39:xx | 39:38
    10K | 54:31 | 49:xx | 54:31
    10M | 93:11 | 89:xx | 86:40
    13.1M | 2:01:53 | 1:59:xx | 2:01:53
    26.2M | 4:39:04 | 4:14:xx | 4:39:01

2 down, 4 to go although slightly disappointed with the Mallow 10 mile result yesterday, really thought I could get under 85 mins after going sub 40 in Raheny but ran out of steam with a couple of miles to go, still a PB by almost 7 mins from last years race series so happy to see fairly good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

That's some pretty serious running though Weetabix, well done. You're just disappointed because you've set the bar so high, a 7min PB is hardly a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Did anyone check out the free book referenced in the thread below?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056905217

I took a look at it last night. Haven't got into the details yet but it seems interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Thanks - same to you. Omagh will be my first half, actually, as I didn't do one on the build-up to DCM last year. Do you know much about the course? I've driven through Omagh many times and it seems pretty flat in the vicinity (but then again, everything looks "pretty flat" when you're not on foot)!

I'll be in Omagh too guys, good to know there'll be a few other boardies there :) What kind of time are you guys hoping for? Haven't even thought about the course profile yet, hopefully as you describe Murph and not too hilly :eek:

Weetabix wrote: »
    Distance|PB 31/12/12|2013 Aim|Current PB
    5K | 23:47 | 22:xx | 23:47
    5M | 50:54 | 39:xx | 39:38
    10K | 54:31 | 49:xx | 54:31
    10M | 93:11 | 89:xx | 86:40
    13.1M | 2:01:53 | 1:59:xx | 2:01:53
    26.2M | 4:39:04 | 4:14:xx | 4:39:01
    2 down, 4 to go although slightly disappointed with the Mallow 10 mile result yesterday, really thought I could get under 85 mins after going sub 40 in Raheny but ran out of steam with a couple of miles to go, still a PB by almost 7 mins from last years race series so happy to see fairly good progress.

Your times for last year are very similar to mine Weetabix. Well done on the PB yesterday. I'm yet to race since DCM and am kind of nervous about it. I'm sure your glad to have the first race over you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Not a sign of any here,a lovely crisp dry morning:D
    Thankfully while its been a bit chilly down here over the last few days,no rain or snow:P

Planned 14 mile run got put off this morning due to my little man being ill, so I'm now left trying to fit in a 14mile,an 11mile with 6 miles @10k pace & a 20 mile run over the next 3 days as I won't have time over the weekend for any longish run:(.
    I will probably drop the 11 mile run & do a shorter lactate run instead as I think 3 days of high mileage is probably a bit too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

docjewel wrote: »
    Not a sign of any here,a lovely crisp dry morning:D
    Thankfully while its been a bit chilly down here over the last few days,no rain or snow:P

Planned 14 mile run got put off this morning due to my little man being ill, so I'm now left trying to fit in a 14mile,an 11mile with 6 miles @10k pace & a 20 mile run over the next 3 days as I won't have time over the weekend for any longish run:(.
    I will probably drop the 11 mile run & do a shorter lactate run instead as I think 3 days of high mileage is probably a bit too much.
    Definitely docjewel, would be crazy to try and wedge all those runs in. You have such high mileage done already this year, the odd missed run won't do you any harm. I am thinking of skipping tonights 7 mile recovery. My blisters are quite sore and I think an extra day recovery for them will do no harm. Not going to try and fit it in later in the week, i'm not going to get too worried about missing the odd run, it's a drop in the ocean when taking as a % of the mileage in the P&D plan

ncmc wrote: »
    Definitely docjewel, would be crazy to try and wedge all those runs in. You have such high mileage done already this year, the odd missed run won't do you any harm. I am thinking of skipping tonights 7 mile recovery. My blisters are quite sore and I think an extra day recovery for them will do no harm. Not going to try and fit it in later in the week, i'm not going to get too worried about missing the odd run, it's a drop in the ocean when taking as a % of the mileage in the P&D plan

Did you burst them blisters yet? Its the best way to deal with them,burst them,keep them clean,bandage etc, & keep moving on them to harden the skin,it will be along time before a blister will appear in the same spot unless (& hopefully not) it is the runners that are the root cause of them.

docjewel wrote: »
    Did you burst them blisters yet? Its the best way to deal with them,burst them,keep them clean,bandage etc, & keep moving on them to harden the skin,it will be along time before a blister will appear in the same spot unless (& hopefully not) it is the runners that are the root cause of them.
    They burst by themselves on my LSR on Sunday :eek: Apologies to those eating lunch at the moment :o I seem to get a blister in the same place from time to time, had them with my last runners too, it's weird, they just tend to go away by themselves after a week or two, so not sure what the cause is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

ncmc wrote: »
    Apologies to those eating lunch at the moment :o QUOTE]

just tucking into my sandwich ha ha

No I don't know much about it at all, from what I hear its mostly flattish with some inclines , hopefully not too hilly!

Runchick wrote: »

I'll be in Omagh too guys, good to know there'll be a few other boardies there :) What kind of time are you guys hoping for? Haven't even thought about the course profile yet, hopefully as you describe Murph and not too hilly :eek:
    That's brilliant Runchick , hopefully get to meet. I'm hoping for 1.44.59!!! :) I think I heard there's pacers so I hoping go with 1.45 pacer n if I've got anything extra for last couple miles will push on wee bit, but ill b delighted with 1.45! What about yourself?
    I will b wearing an illuminous yellow vest or top ( depending on weather) with Inishowen AC on it. Won't prob know my number til collect it there that morning. Will prob b few Inishowen ac there but most of the club competing in ballyliffin 10 mile challenge same day! Don't b afraid to come say hello n btw my name is Henrietta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Runchick wrote: »
    Your times for last year are very similar to mine Weetabix. Well done on the PB yesterday. I'm yet to race since DCM and am kind of nervous about it. I'm sure your glad to have the first race over you :)

I've a couple of races done now at this stage, kind of enjoying the shorter distance, not looking forward to getting back to marathon training in the summer!!

New runner wrote: »
    That's brilliant Runchick , hopefully get to meet. I'm hoping for 1.44.59!!! :) I think I heard there's pacers so I hoping go with 1.45 pacer n if I've got anything extra for last couple miles will push on wee bit, but ill b delighted with 1.45! What about yourself?
    I will b wearing an illuminous yellow vest or top ( depending on weather) with Inishowen AC on it. Won't prob know my number til collect it there that morning. Will prob b few Inishowen ac there but most of the club competing in ballyliffin 10 mile challenge same day! Don't b afraid to come say hello n btw my name is Henrietta

You'll be zooming past me I think, I'm looking at 1.50ish all being well. I'll look out for you though. I'll be in me boards top so keep an eye out, hopefully get to meet up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Great news from one of the weather threads:

Indeed there was...

02853324-C945-4E79-97B4-6CF916839CB5-10576-0000092998C5C331_zps2251a8a4.jpg

Everyone say hello to Mylo Messiah :D

9lb 4 born this morning.

Indeed there was...

02853324-C945-4E79-97B4-6CF916839CB5-10576-0000092998C5C331_zps2251a8a4.jpg

Everyone say hello to Mylo Messiah :D

9lb 4 born this morning.
    Aw he's gorgeous! So big too! Congrats to u both! :)

Congrats PM, he's a dote... he's a whopper! Love the name too.

+1 ^^^^ I hope little Mylo will be as quiet as that most of the time for ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Deedee2012

@ PM huge congratulations to you and your family. He's a looker! Will you be investing in a sling or a jogging buggy?

Advertisement