Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of drawing, new build

Options
  • 03-11-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all , just want a opinion on this price i got from any engineer for full structural drawing and specification for house and garage 3000+ vat , does this seem ok the house is 2600 sq ft, not well up on this so thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lollymob

john_eire wrote: »
    Hi all , just want a opinion on this price i got from any engineer for full structural drawing and specification for house and garage 3000+ vat , does this seem ok the house is 2600 sq ft, not well up on this so thanks in advance
    Hi john_eire,
    I got my house plans drawn up by fully qualified registered architect for 3,600. The house is 3,100 sq foot, split level on an elevated site! This price is excluding VAT but we paid him cash! This price also includes planning application!
    Best of luck with your build :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭john_eire

Thanks lollymob , just wanted to check it,
    Bought a site with full planning, so wanted to get engineer drawing for the build,
    And was taken back with the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lollymob

john_eire wrote: »
    Thanks lollymob , just wanted to check it,
    Bought a site with full planning, so wanted to get engineer drawing for the build,
    And was taken back with the price!

If planning is already got, I would shop around! You'll probably get a better price! Then again if he is very good maybe it's worth paying that little extra!

Advertisement