Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Creuset is it worth it ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yeah Spanish Eyes, have to agree.

Was suffering with a back injury last year and you know yourself, even when the injury is gone youre a bit tender, afraid to move certain ways for a while - well every sunday I used to spend going 'hubby - can you lift the cast iron out so I can check the roast!!' every so often!!!

I told my hubby recently that if there was ever an intruder in the house and I was in the kitchen, I wouldnt go for a knife, Id go for a cast iron pan!!

LOL.

Reading the previous posts, they must be all prop forwards or something!

Must get one of them so....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You'd do yourself an injury on pancake Tuesday I'd say!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We were lucky to get a set of Ironware when we got married, had a grill, small pan, roasting pan, caserole dish and a few other bits and pieces in it. We've added to it since and now are a complete Le Creuset house, the Kildare Village is great for picking up stuff, if you can only get 1 thing though I would recommend the teapot, not only does it make a lovely cuppa but it never drips.

If you are going to go out and invest in their stuff by the way make sure to get familar with the different ranges they have and make sure you get what you want, there is a big difference between their cast iron range and their eathenware ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I love my bits & pieces. The mother-in-law got some for her wedding. She's still using it, and they had their 40th wedding anniversary last Aug...

Definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dermighty wrote: »
    TK Maxx has Le Creuset stoneware mainly, it's not cast iron so I wouldn't bother (personally).
    They have the cast iron as well, but you have to scout there often.
    I wouldn't bother buying LC stuff anywhere else, the prices are ridiculous compared to (say) Lodge cast iron or other makes, enamelled or no.
    I have one LC griddle pan and one Lodge cast iron skillet. The Lodge is about a quarter the price and it can go to a far higher temp than the LC; which makes a huge difference for steaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sparks wrote: »
    it can go to a far higher temp than the LC; which makes a huge difference for steaks.

How do you mean? What happens when you try to turn the LC one up to the same temperature? Or have you just not tried? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bateman wrote: »
    How do you mean? What happens when you try to turn the LC one up to the same temperature? Or have you just not tried? :confused:

Le crueset griddle pan that I have burned on the inside when I had it on nuclear heat, still use it sometimes but never the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bad form for the price of them alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

On a negative note I bought a La Crueset griddle pan and it was wrecked in a few months, i cook steak etc at the highest heat I can manage and thought that it would be able to do that for me but I burnt the crap out of the inside(enamel) of the griddle, dissapointing really.

Had the same same and they claimed heat damage from a standard house hold oven top. Not good enough and they did nothing to help.

Advertisement