Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo appointment

Options
  • 03-11-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Just a quick question....

I want to get a small tattoo as a present to myself for getting to a quarter of a century :eek: :D
    But as its my first I'm a bit clueless!

Basically what I'm wondering is do you have to bring a picture of what you want to book an appointment or would you just bring it with you when your going in for the tattoo?

Thanks in advance for any help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

First pick your idea/design.
    Second do a bit of asking around for who people recommend in your area to get tattoo'd by.
    Finally drop in and have a chat, better than a phone call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You'll want to have a picture with you when you first go in. The artist will want to see it and prepare it for it for the actual session.

Now depending on what you're actually getting and how busy the shop/artist is at the time, you may not need to have and you could get it on the day you go in.

Have a look online at different artists and see if you can find one that you like and go in and have a chat with them.

The key thing is to remember that everyone starts with "just this one small tattoo" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ladywhiteraven

Take a picture with you if possible, so the artist can get an idea of size/time and also style- some artists excel at a specific style and don't like other styles as much, if there is more than one artist you can book in with the one who best suits your style.

If the artist needs draw up your design, you need take a picture for them to work from so that they can decide how long it will take to draw up and exchange ideas with you, get you booked in accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

Thanks for all the replies! I was meant to pop down to Wildcat today but ended up being too hungover :eek:

will pop in and have a chat with the guys during the week armed with pictures and book a date

@Orim I have already started planning my 'second' small tattoo :P

Advertisement