If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE40ES5500 or similar

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I will be placing an order for a 40"ish TV in time for the fat man with the red suit! I got a price off you in September for this http://www.richersounds.com/product/...00/lg-42ls5600

However, it will be for the spare room as a gaming TV only and it was over budget. All that is needed is full HD for the Xbox and PS3, USB for movies and over 40" screen size! The sammy above is probably at the high end for what we can afford but I would be willing to take any open box or ex display that would fit the bill (approx. €450 - €550 inc del to Dublin)??

cheers guys,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Guys,

Just saw this on P**man** and was hoping for a pricematch/similar option??
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12306393/art/lg/42lm615s-3d-led-televisio.html
    LG 42LM615S

Cheers,

Ryanno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ryanno.

Unfortunately that model is not a UK model and not one that we stock.

This model must be an import as it doesn't come with a normal UK/Ireland mains cable and comes supplied with an adaptor. This model has different tuners from the normal LG models also and is not listed as a Saorview approved model.

We would currently keep the LG 42LM620T which is an upgrade on this model and is priced at 739 Euro or we also have the LG 42LS570T which is 625 Euro which would be similar to the one you mentioned.

These are both UK and Ireland models and will be supported under warranty within Ireland.

I hope this helps but unfortunately we can't get that other model.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave/John,

this TV is available for €639 from pman (LG 42LM620), can you beat it with delivery?? I sent a PM to John during the week and was wondering if you got it???

Regards,

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11926830/art/lg/42lm620s-3d-led-televisio.html

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

Ya.I'd be intrested in 1 of those also,at Pixmania price!
    would rather buy from a shop!

Hi lads,

A little bump on this one,going to order by end of this week. Any ideas?? I pm'd John last week, is he away on hols??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi guys.

Unfortunately this model is in the same position as the previous model. This is also not the same model as we stock. We stock the 620T whereas this is a 620S so again is does not have the same tuner and requires a modified plug to operate in Ireland.

Unfortunately the price that we have on the 620T of £569.95 is currently the best price that we can offer.

The 5 year would be £56.95 and delivery would be £21.99.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi guys.

Unfortunately this model is in the same position as the previous model. This is also not the same model as we stock. We stock the 620T whereas this is a 620S so again is does not have the same tuner and requires a modified plug to operate in Ireland.

Unfortunately the price that we have on the 620T of £569.95 is currently the best price that we can offer.

The 5 year would be £56.95 and delivery would be £21.99.

Many thanks

Dave
    Hi Dave,

:( sorry to hear that mate! Really would have rather given you guys the business!! Between paying €730 plus for the 620 or paying €570 for the 615 is a no brainer really...... Hate giving the money to pman tho'.

Any deals on 3d blu ray players before xmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

Ryanno,got the samsung last nite from DID,theres a E25 voucher on bargain alerts,brought it down to E570 delivered,or 565 pick up-bargain?

plonker wrote: »
    Ryanno,got the samsung last nite from DID,theres a E25 voucher on bargain alerts,brought it down to E570 delivered,or 565 pick up-bargain?
    Hi plonker,

Thanks for the heads up!! I ordered the lg42lm615 from pman today! It was the 200hz and passive 3d that swayed me! The kids can play whatever they want on it with the ps3 and Xbox!!

Total inc delivery with discount code iepixnov16 was €565!! Can't go wrong - I hope!! Got confirmation and a shipped receipt at 5pm today, estimated delivery is 26th November ;)

Enjoy the new tv mate!!!!

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi plonker,

Thanks for the heads up!! I ordered the lg42lm615 from pman today! It was the 200hz and passive 3d that swayed me! The kids can play whatever they want on it with the ps3 and Xbox!!

Total inc delivery with discount code iepixnov16 was €565!! Can't go wrong - I hope!! Got confirmation and a shipped receipt at 5pm today, estimated delivery is 26th November ;)

Enjoy the new tv mate!!!!
    Pman delivered on time!! 11am on the 26th - wonders will never cease.......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Ryanno - how you getting on with the lg?

PCDub wrote: »
    Ryanno - how you getting on with the lg?

Hi PCDub,

The tv is FANTASTIC!! Colours are excellent and even in a bright room the image is good with a lot less glare Than I get on my Philips 8 series!! Haven't tried 3d yet tho!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.