Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint 2010 add one line at a time on slide

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

As i said above my problem is recently got office 2010 and doing a powerpoint presentation which i want to show one point at a time on my slide. Seems to be no problem doing it on the 2007 using custom animation however this feature does not seem to be on the newer version. I want to show one point at a time by clicking when i want to move on, not by having it fade in or on a timer. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Advance Slide on Mouse Click instead of using the timer?

8bLw7.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

k mac wrote: »
    As i said above my problem is recently got office 2010 and doing a powerpoint presentation which i want to show one point at a time on my slide. Seems to be no problem doing it on the 2007 using custom animation however this feature does not seem to be on the newer version. I want to show one point at a time by clicking when i want to move on, not by having it fade in or on a timer. Any help appreciated.
    Have you got the text in seperate text boxes?

If you put each line in a seperate text box, then highlight the individual text boxes and select add animation and appear as the effect that works.

Just tested it out for you and it worked fine.

Won't work for text in the same text box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Click on the text box applicable, then select the animation you want to apply to this text under the Animations tab.

Make sure to select On Mouse Click.

I'm using 2010 but from what I can remember it's similar in 2007 (edit, just read it properly, you are talking about 2010!)

edit 2: they don't need to be in individual text boxes - that's far too much work!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

coolmoose wrote: »
    Click on the text box applicable, then select the animation you want to apply to this text under the Animations tab.

Make sure to select On Mouse Click.

I'm using 2010 but from what I can remember it's similar in 2007.

edit: they don't need to be in individual text boxes - that's far too much work!

You're right, sorry,yeah OP just select each individual point, click add animation, then click on appear and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

Thanks guys i did that and it worked perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement